British Speedway Forum
TheSmiler

Speedway Promoter Game?

If anyone wants a copy of Speedway promoter - dm me your email address.  It won't install on Windows 10 or W8 or W7 but you may have luck with W2000. It definitely works on W95 , W98 and XP (edit: thanks for info below)  No idea about installing on Apples.

Edited by MassMarauder
  • Like 3

My Speedway Promoter game is loaded on an old lap top that I kept with Windows XP on it. Got old Football Manager games loaded on it as well. It has been invaluable during this lock down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2020 at 9:35 PM, hobnob said:

if any one knows how to get it working on win 10 would be brilliant

few things work properly on windows 10 ..biggest load of crap ever invented but unfortunately all new laptops etc come with it. When I transferred my work files on to it couldn't find most of them and they had been copied multiple times !! wish I could go back to windows xp !!

Will keep you all updated but I manged to get the game running using a Virtualbox with Windows XP (from my Windows 10 laptop) however each new screen appeared ontop of each other rather than replacing, made the game unplayable.  

Running a new virtualbox on win98 now see if that's any better. 

• Thanks 1

Many years ago I ran a speedway sim, sadly I no longer have the spreadsheets for that to reference, all lost, however from what I can recall each stat has a multiply factor, gating was times 5, passing was times 4, team riding was times 1.5 or 2, I think the rest was straight numeric value, I can’t recall the calculation though of how I used to get the number down to a base figure that could then be used as a final result, I used excel and used complicated formulas which took a long time to refine and there was a percentage chance built in to allow for some leeway in results, I also used formulas to determined chance of falls, speedway scene was a big help in this as I used a lot of how that worked to determine percentages.

its a complicated as you want to make it, spreadsheets can do calculations in milliseconds, you just have to know what you want it to do to give you the set of outcomes that best simulates what you are after.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, marko said:

Many years ago I ran a speedway sim, sadly I no longer have the spreadsheets for that to reference, all lost, however from what I can recall each stat has a multiply factor, gating was times 5, passing was times 4, team riding was times 1.5 or 2, I think the rest was straight numeric value, I can’t recall the calculation though of how I used to get the number down to a base figure that could then be used as a final result, I used excel and used complicated formulas which took a long time to refine and there was a percentage chance built in to allow for some leeway in results, I also used formulas to determined chance of falls, speedway scene was a big help in this as I used a lot of how that worked to determine percentages.

its a complicated as you want to make it, spreadsheets can do calculations in milliseconds, you just have to know what you want it to do to give you the set of outcomes that best simulates what you are after.

I did a similar thing with Excel. I did a League match and the old Knock Out GP format, with variables like yours. Andy Smith even won a couple of GP's with mine!

On 5/7/2020 at 10:30 PM, Cj69 said:

Will keep you all updated but I manged to get the game running using a Virtualbox with Windows XP (from my Windows 10 laptop) however each new screen appeared ontop of each other rather than replacing, made the game unplayable.  

Running a new virtualbox on win98 now see if that's any better. 

Did you see any better results with win98? 

First couple attempts I was having trouble transfering the game from my normal desktop to my virtualbox desktop then computer poo'd itself and gave up. Going to try from scratch on the better one when I get time.  

Flying Shale is quite good, you can input gating and passing values as well as home and away averages, play it yourself or let the CPU play it through for you.

Do you know of a way to get control of ALL teams. Is there a tweak that can be made in the programming? 

On 5/12/2020 at 10:38 PM, MassMarauder said:

Do you know of a way to get control of ALL teams. Is there a tweak that can be made in the programming? 

Which games FS or Promoter. 

I done the virtual machine method same as @Cj69 but seems I ran into the same issues where by it was overlapping each screen with the next one which is just a mess when attempting playing

5 minutes ago, Sp33dy89 said:

Which games FS or Promoter. 

I done the virtual machine method same as @Cj69 but seems I ran into the same issues where by it was overlapping each screen with the next one which is just a mess when attempting playing

Iv still not had time to try using win98 or 2000 (previously I used XP).  I don't hold out much hope for either.  

Iv not got FS. Does anyone have a copy of that available?

6 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Iv still not had time to try using win98 or 2000 (previously I used XP).  I don't hold out much hope for either.  

Iv not got FS. Does anyone have a copy of that available?

Actually I think I just solved our issue. 

In VM copy the contents of the Speedway Promoter folder to C\WINDOWS\GDW2002 and it seems to work fine for me now. 

Although no ideas with some of the game itself

Edited by Sp33dy89
update

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 5:01 PM, MassMarauder said:

If anyone wants a copy of Speedway promoter - dm me your email address.  It won't install on Windows 10 or W8 or W7 but you may have luck with W2000. It definitely works on W95 , W98 and XP (edit: thanks for info below)  No idea about installing on Apples.

iv PMd you mate....:t: