British Speedway Forum
TheSmiler

Speedway Promoter Game?

Amazing work! issues I’ve noticed is a few elite league riders without a premier league average - anders Rowe and broc nicol being examples. Is this a game issue or data issue?

similar to welwyn I’ve noticed a few duplicated riders (anders Rowe and Chris Harris as examples) 

regardless of the little niggles it’s great work thank you!

Edited by tomhaines

15 minutes ago, Welwyn said:

Appear to be two Adam Ellis' in the game (1st time I loaded it, they were both on the Transfer List which made it easier to find). Have deleted one of the Adam Ellis' out of the file and it doesn't seem to crash though so that's good.

Also found a issue building an initial team. Partially due to a lot of riders having EL(Premiership) averages and no PL(Championship) averages when they should have. (Drew Kemp being a good example). No idea how to fix that although I'd imagine it'd be fixed the minute they rode 6 EL(Prem) meetings.

It's genius work though!

Just now, tomhaines said:

Amazing work! Only issue I’ve noticed is a few elite league riders without a premier league average - anders Rowe and broc nicol being examples. Is this a game issue or data issue?

regardless of the little niggles it’s great work thank you!

Yeah so there is going to be Multiple duplicates because of the riders who ride in both leagues.  I decided to put no PL averages next to the EL version of that rider to limit the rider apearing in the PL twice, instead of 1 in the EL, 1 in the PL. I can easily change this though if people want?

In the case of Adam Ellis (and a few others), it's a good point because both of his Clubs, Poole and Swindon both appear in the EL in this game!, so will be definately be a good idea for him to have averages for both leagues at the start of the game OR i can simply look to remove some of the these "same league" duplicates in version 2.

There is also 47 randomly generated names that appear in the game at the start, usually unattached riders on a 2 point average and a couple of foreign ones on a 9 point average.

Works great @Marksman thanks for the time and effort you put in. 

Anyone that wants to change any of the files. I'm sure you'll be able to find ther information we've been putting in this thread and have a tinker with it yourself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sp33dy89 said:

Works great @Marksman thanks for the time and effort you put in. 

Anyone that wants to change any of the files. I'm sure you'll be able to find ther information we've been putting in this thread and have a tinker with it yourself. 

No worries :t: As @Sp33dy89 says, think of this as a Beta version, i've probably only given it 2/3 hours testing, but wanted to get it out there. Keep the good suggestions coming :)

7 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Yeah so there is going to be Multiple duplicates because of the riders who ride in both leagues.  I decided to put no PL averages next to the EL version of that rider to limit the rider apearing in the PL twice, instead of 1 in the EL, 1 in the PL. I can easily change this though if people want?

In the case of Adam Ellis (and a few others), it's a good point because both of his Clubs, Poole and Swindon both appear in the EL in this game!, so will be definately be a good idea for him to have averages for both leagues at the start of the game OR i can simply look to remove some of the these "same league" duplicates in version 2.

There is also 47 randomly generated names that appear in the game at the start, usually unattached riders on a 2 point average and a couple of foreign ones on a 9 point average.

Makes sense. Absolutely great piece of work - really enjoying 

• Like 1

Yes it works for me too.

I live in Boston, USA so here we go.

great job there - love it !

Capture2.JPG

anyone know where i can get the .exe for this please, used to have this for my Amiga :D

55 minutes ago, MassMarauder said:

Yes it works for me too.

I live in Boston, USA so here we go.

great job there - love it !

Capture2.JPG

Did you manage to run in Windows 10 or using VM? 

Yes, got it finally running smoothly in W10.  Installed the update and edited as directed.  Couldn't sign anyone of note :-) - so my team has 3 2.00 pointers and got smacked in our first meeting - 67-23  !

Running the game using winevdm and everything is good apart from not being able to save my games.

Any ideas? Am I missing something simple? 

Running Windows 7

Also tried downloading the 2020 update and can't get that to download properly either.

I am not usually a techno dork but feeling like one now!

Edited by alkadera

10 hours ago, Marksman said:

There are two issues I can see with that approach and that's the issue people have with building a new team at the start (not major) and the second is the fact that once that 1st season is underway the riders can then move where they please, thereby stopping the workaround completely (much more major).

Depending on other peoples views, I personally think the best option will be to decide which club each of these duplicates ride for and then think of a replacement (either in the game but not at a club or not in the game at all) for each of these riders. I'm more than willing (once I get some time) to play a couple of months into an opening season, use that to work out which riders are in there multiple times and work out possible other options. 

Wow!!!!! You lot are clever buggers aren't ya.... who fancies putting a copy of the updated version onto a......tape...or the updated version of, and posting it to me...no, delivering it in person to me and setting it up on my laptop for me to play...…..hahahaha seriously, cracking work to you, iv given up! hahaha

1 hour ago, mrlincolncity said:

Wow!!!!! You lot are clever buggers aren't ya.... who fancies putting a copy of the updated version onto a......tape...or the updated version of, and posting it to me...no, delivering it in person to me and setting it up on my laptop for me to play...…..hahahaha seriously, cracking work to you, iv given up! hahaha

Follow the video I posted then the instructions Marksman posted about the update. 

• Like 1

I have tweaked the update a little, a few more "EL" transfer listed now have a "PL" average.

Slight quirk in the game means that some riders with an 6.01+ EL average, it doesn't display their PL average, but there is also quite a few exceptions to this so who knows what is programmed there..

The new rider database file is uploaded here, and have updated the link from my previous post - https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxxywvs6cwn479r/Speedway Promoter 2020 Update.7z?dl=0

Also have uploaded the spreadsheet I used to assist with updating the riders. It has the full list of riders available in the game with filters etc. Might be helpful for people wanting to tweak it themselves - https://www.dropbox.com/s/6drtpzlycb23qu9/Speedway Promoter UPDATE.xlsx?dl=0

• Thanks 4

Would someone be kind enough to make a straight forward download link for my father, he needs some cheering up and used to love this game.

Just need a link to updated version of Speedway Promoter without all the unzipping and transferring files from one folder to another.

Many Thanks

• Like 1