British Speedway Forum
TheSmiler

Speedway Promoter Game?

Following this from distance, cracking work well done!
Things i noticed with riders beeing in there twice from the pcitures posted (like Max Dilger, Bartosz Smektala nd Grigorij Laguta in the "interested to ride again" list stood out) have any of these three (apart from Max possibly) ever ridden for one club at all in UK, let alone two clubs in diffrent leagues?
The other thing i noticed was Fritz Wallner being listed as a German but hes actually Austrian.

Can't believe that Poole just won the 2020 season.  Jason Crump tops the averages,

When I click to screen shot-the game moves to the next screen.

Not an important question: Wonder if certain font colors are editable ?  I can't read red text on a red background -  (my team is in the red but I couldn't read how much - so get getting told I couldn't afford anyone :-

Thanks for the Excel file, going to go through the list and work out what is needed to be done to extinguish all duplicate riders.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Welwyn said:

Thanks for the Excel file, going to go through the list and work out what is needed to be done to extinguish all duplicate riders.

Yeah with all the doubling up riders, there should be 31 duplicates;

Jye Etheridge
Steve Worrall
Charles Wright
Jake Allen
Cameron Heeps
Danny King
Nico Covatti
Drew Kemp
Lewis Kerr
Thomas Jorgensen
Ty Proctor
Erik Riss
Craig Cook
Michael Palm Toft
Chris Harris
Scott Nicholls
Ulrich Ostergaard
Kyle Howarth
Todd Kurtz
Ashley Morris
Richard Lawson
Ellis Perks
Anders Rowe
Jordan Stewart
Adam Ellis
Ryan Douglas
Rory Schlein
Broc Nicol
Nick Morris
Luke Becker
Sam Masters

The problem is from what i've tested, each club ID needs at least 7 riders  or else the game will crash,  so not easy finding 31 other names to put into the game. The best solution would be to make a Polish Extraliga version :D

Also with the duplicates you have to put a space at the end of one of their record, otherwise when you sign one of them, the other also gets signed!

i.e. the two records have to look like this;

"Sam Masters"

Sam Masters "

Ha - good to know.  This is why Flying Shale had it covered - with the check box designating a D2 Average/Rider.  So you can have duplicates of riders.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MassMarauder said:

Ha - good to know.  This is why Flying Shale had it covered - with the check box designating a D2 Average/Rider.  So you can have duplicates of riders.

Nice i only vaguely remember the game, out of interest do you have a copy of Flying Shale that you are able to share? I'm interested to look into the editing options available :)

15 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Nice i only vaguely remember the game, out of interest do you have a copy of Flying Shale that you are able to share? I'm interested to look into the editing options available :)

Doesn't flying shale need to be registered/activated with a code?

As I know you can download the demo here > http://www.roogames.co.uk/demos.htm

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Marksman said:

It's still available for purchase from Roogames. http://www.roogames.co.uk/

You need a registration code to use the game.

I have already created the 2019 and 2020 season lineups with 2019 final averages.  I Only created two leagues.  I am happy to share those.  It would overwrite the data files that come with the version your purchase - but it wouldn't wipe out the historical data - just add 2019 and 2020 seasons

Edited by MassMarauder
  • Like 1

Got this game running now, thanks for the help.

Didn't bother with rider update, great seeing some of old riders you either remember or completely forgot about

Looks like, if you take the fact that some teams DO have more than 7 riders, there are about 19 that need to be replaced for the game to work

15 hours ago, MassMarauder said:

It's still available for purchase from Roogames. http://www.roogames.co.uk/

You need a registration code to use the game.

I have already created the 2019 and 2020 season lineups with 2019 final averages.  I Only created two leagues.  I am happy to share those.  It would overwrite the data files that come with the version your purchase - but it wouldn't wipe out the historical data - just add 2019 and 2020 seasons

Would love it if you could share those.

20 hours ago, Marksman said:

Yeah with all the doubling up riders, there should be 31 duplicates;

Jye Etheridge
Steve Worrall
Charles Wright
Jake Allen
Cameron Heeps
Danny King
Nico Covatti
Drew Kemp
Lewis Kerr
Thomas Jorgensen
Ty Proctor
Erik Riss
Craig Cook
Michael Palm Toft
Chris Harris
Scott Nicholls
Ulrich Ostergaard
Kyle Howarth
Todd Kurtz
Ashley Morris
Richard Lawson
Ellis Perks
Anders Rowe
Jordan Stewart
Adam Ellis
Ryan Douglas
Rory Schlein
Broc Nicol
Nick Morris
Luke Becker
Sam Masters

The problem is from what i've tested, each club ID needs at least 7 riders  or else the game will crash,  so not easy finding 31 other names to put into the game. The best solution would be to make a Polish Extraliga version :D

Also with the duplicates you have to put a space at the end of one of their record, otherwise when you sign one of them, the other also gets signed!

i.e. the two records have to look like this;

"Sam Masters"

Sam Masters "

I can only find one Todd Kurtz in the database but the rest of those all track.

Here's my plan of what I am going to attempt (where it says delete club it means delete the version of that rider at that club)

Adam Ellis    Delete Poole                        
Andres Rowe    Delete Swindon                        
Ashley Morris    Delete Sheffield    Replace With    Emil Grondal                
Broc Nicol    Delete Wolves    Replace With    Max Ruml                
Cameron Heeps     Delete Ipswich                        
Charles Wright     Delete Belle Vue    Replace With    Kai Huckenbeck                
Chris Harris    Delete Peterborough                        
Craig Cook    Delete Kings Lynn                        
Danny King    Delete Poole                        
Drew Kemp     Delete Ipswich    Replace With    Joe Jacobs                 
Ellis Perks    Delete Swindon                        
Erik Riss    Delete Kings Lynn    Replace With    Mads Korneliussen                
Jake Allen    Delete Ipswich    Replace With    Daniel Davidsson                
Jordan Stewart    Delete Swindon                        
Jye Etheridge    Delete Berwick                     (switch club 1 for 2)    
Kyle Howarth     Delete Leicester                    (switch club 16 for 14)    
Lewis Kerr    Delete Kings Lynn    Replace With    Kevin Wolbert                
Luke Becker    Delete Wolves    Replace With    Tai Woffinden                
Michael Palm Toft    Delete Peterborough    Replace With    Peter Ljung                
Nick Morris    Delete Wolves    Replace With    Joel Kling                
Nico Covatti    Delete Ipswich    Replace With    Oliver Berntzon                
Richard Lawson    Delete Sheffield    Replace With    Linus Sundstrom                
Rory Schlein    Delete Wolves    Replace With    Fredrik Lindgren                
Ryan Douglas    Delete Wolves    Replace With    Nathan Greaves                 
Sam Masters    Delete Wolves    Replace With    Ryan Fisher                
Scott Nicholls    Delete Peterborough    Replace With    Lasse Bjerre                
Steve Worrall    Delete Poole                        
Thomas Jorgensen    Delete Scunthorpe    Replace With    Stuart Robson            (switch club 5 for 22)    
Ty Proctor    Replace Kings Lynn    Replace With    Matej Kus                
Ulrich Ostergaard    Replace Peterborough    Replace With    Gino Manzaries                

Edited by Welwyn
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Welwyn said:

I can only find one Todd Kurtz in the database but the rest of those all track.

Here's my plan of what I am going to attempt (where it says delete club it means delete the version of that rider at that club)

Adam Ellis    Delete Poole                        
 Andres Rowe    Delete Swindon                        
Ashley Morris    Delete Sheffield    Replace With    Emil Grondal                
Broc Nicol    Delete Wolves    Replace With    Max Ruml                
Cameron Heeps     Delete Ipswich                        
Charles Wright     Delete Belle Vue    Replace With    Kai Huckenbeck                
Chris Harris    Delete Peterborough                        
Craig Cook    Delete Kings Lynn                        
Danny King    Delete Poole                        
Drew Kemp     Delete Ipswich    Replace With    Joe Jacobs                 
Ellis Perks    Delete Swindon                        
Erik Riss    Delete Kings Lynn    Replace With    Mads Korneliussen                
Jake Allen    Delete Ipswich    Replace With    Daniel Davidsson                
Jordan Stewart    Delete Swindon                        
Jye Etheridge    Delete Berwick                     (switch club 1 for 2)    
Kyle Howarth     Delete Leicester                    (switch club 16 for 14)    
Lewis Kerr    Delete Kings Lynn    Replace With    Kevin Wolbert                
Luke Becker    Delete Wolves    Replace With    Tai Woffinden                
Michael Palm Toft    Delete Peterborough    Replace With    Peter Ljung                
Nick Morris    Delete Wolves    Replace With    Joel Kling                
Nico Covatti    Delete Ipswich    Replace With    Oliver Berntzon                
Richard Lawson    Delete Sheffield    Replace With    Linus Sundstrom                
Rory Schlein    Delete Wolves    Replace With    Fredrik Lindgren                
Ryan Douglas    Delete Wolves    Replace With    Nathan Greaves                 
Sam Masters    Delete Wolves    Replace With    Ryan Fisher                
Scott Nicholls    Delete Peterborough    Replace With    Lasse Bjerre                
Steve Worrall    Delete Poole                        
Thomas Jorgensen    Delete Scunthorpe    Replace With    Stuart Robson            (switch club 5 for 22)    
Ty Proctor    Replace Kings Lynn    Replace With    Matej Kus                
Ulrich Ostergaard    Replace Peterborough    Replace With    Gino Manzaries                

Nice, yeah just realised Todd Kurtz doesn't have a CL team, so can also be given a CL average.

Will just have to add some more riders to replace the ones taken out of the Unattached, Retired and Foreign lists. There are already a few spare ones in those tabs,

but need a minimum of the below ammount for the game not to crash;

Unattached  56
Foreign        30
Retired        79