British Speedway Forum
TheSmiler

Speedway Promoter Game?

Hi All

Hope youguys are well, i just stumbled across the topic on the forum

I used to play this game every day back when it came out

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of the game they'd be able to share with me? I'd pay you for your troubles

On 7/23/2021 at 5:10 PM, ljriley90 said:

Hi All

Hope youguys are well, i just stumbled across the topic on the forum

I used to play this game every day back when it came out

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of the game they'd be able to share with me? I'd pay you for your troubles

Just PM'd you

the topic heading says it all .. its just a game for all promoters and cant operate a p!ss in a brewery .( just my own thoughts ) of course ) along with a few thou more  :(

Hello all

Can anyone help me update my game please

I've tried and tried but now it won't load up new games :-(  lol

Thank you guys

On 8/6/2014 at 4:44 PM, Humphrey Appleby said:

It's because it's actually difficult to do realistically and properly with all the different meeting types and formats, the sport does not especially lend itself to graphical representation, and there's virtually no hope of making a commercial return on such a small market. It has to be a labour of love, and few can make the necessary investment in time.

I downloaded an NFL head coaching game from Google Play and it's similar to the old Football Manager for the ZX Spectrum and it's very addictive. A speedway game doesn't need to be flashy with good graphics to be popular. 

20 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I downloaded an NFL head coaching game from Google Play and it's similar to the old Football Manager for the ZX Spectrum and it's very addictive. A speedway game doesn't need to be flashy with good graphics to be popular. 

What's it called?

Hi I've just found my copy of Speedway Promoter on floppy disk. Only problem now no floppy disk drive. Has anyone managed to transfer the floppy disk files to a laptop running Win XP. If so I presume you used a Floppy Disk Reader can anyone recommend a FDR that would do the job. Would be great if I could play Speedway Promoter after all these years. Remember it being about the best Speedway management game then or since. Thanks.

1 hour ago, the outsider said:

Hi I've just found my copy of Speedway Promoter on floppy disk. Only problem now no floppy disk drive. Has anyone managed to transfer the floppy disk files to a laptop running Win XP. If so I presume you used a Floppy Disk Reader can anyone recommend a FDR that would do the job. Would be great if I could play Speedway Promoter after all these years. Remember it being about the best Speedway management game then or since. Thanks.

The problem may be that the floppy is no longer readable if it's more than a few years old and depending on how it was stored. 

Came upon this thread during a long odyssey to find a copy of Speedway Promoter. 

We played this game religiously as teens, and despite the limitations, was an absolute cracker. Many a late Friday night after a meeting at Oxford spent on this beauty.

Looks like it’s been a while since this thread was updated, but if anybody has a copy of the files that they’d be willing to share, we’d be made up. 

Edited by Lghornets
  • Like 1

There is plenty of scope for a speedway game - Speedway challenge on Android / Iphone is a decent effort. With the success and support of the sport in Poland no doubt a Football Manager type game with graphics like the phone game would work or go the alternative route and full interaction and racing mode like MotoGP or MotoX games would succeed to a degree. 

On 4/20/2022 at 4:54 PM, Lghornets said:

Came upon this thread during a long odyssey to find a copy of Speedway Promoter. 

We played this game religiously as teens, and despite the limitations, was an absolute cracker. Many a late Friday night after a meeting at Oxford spent on this beauty.

Looks like it’s been a while since this thread was updated, but if anybody has a copy of the files that they’d be willing to share, we’d be made up. 

I had a copy and never got it to work, something that would work on a modern pc/laptop/tablet would be amazing..

There are Youtube guides on how to get the old Championship Manager games and the library that you can choose from looks extensive, could be worth looking at those process' to see if its available, I'll post the link if I can dig it out