British Speedway Forum
TheSmiler

Speedway Promoter Game?

Kinda releveant, just found the hopefully included.  Relates to a speedway league game by ET Games, or ET Software, for the much missed & loved Amiga I believe individ, pairs & 4TT versions were also available.  Wonder whether 'Stephen Purchase' is the same Steve Purchase who I think ran Oxford at one time.....

ET Games.jpg

Edited by martinmauger
spelling, added info

Hello all, I need some help. I have a XP laptop with SP, but the thing is the screens overlap themselfs. Can anybody help me please 

86EFE6D6-3D4A-483B-9F40-06BE1C55E06B.jpeg

On 6/18/2020 at 2:23 PM, SWhitton said:

Hello all, I need some help. I have a XP laptop with SP, but the thing is the screens overlap themselfs. Can anybody help me please 

86EFE6D6-3D4A-483B-9F40-06BE1C55E06B.jpeg

Close the game and reopen it until it loads with the picture behind it, also have a look at the previous pages for more info if needed

Edited by Sp33dy89

5 hours ago, Sp33dy89 said:

Close the game and reopen it until it loads with the picture behind it, also have a look at the previous pages for more info if needed

Tried this countless times, I also have it on W10 that works fine but it crashes every time I try to save it 

On 6/24/2020 at 11:05 PM, SWhitton said:

Tried this countless times, I also have it on W10 that works fine but it crashes every time I try to save it 

Have you changed the name of the save game

23 hours ago, Sp33dy89 said:

Have you changed the name of the save game

I did to start with but then just saved it without amending it, on game it loads is a 2 player career and that's on all 4 saves 

On 6/29/2020 at 7:39 PM, SWhitton said:

I did to start with but then just saved it without amending it, on game it loads is a 2 player career and that's on all 4 saves 

For some of reason it doesn't like the saves being renamed. you will find the save file names it needs in the names.dat file

On 9/23/2020 at 9:52 PM, MassMarauder said:

How's everyone doing ?  Any revelations? Anyone completed any updates, improvements etc ?

I wish, if only we knew much in the way of coding that people could put together a game lol

Hi there,

Its been  long time i know since someone has commented on this thread. 

I really miss this game i brought it when it first came out but can't ind my copy anywhere, i don't suppose someoen still has a copy that they are happy to share with me?

Long shot i know but i thought id ask

Many thanks 

P

Amazed at the work put in on this thread.  

Excellent stuff.

I feel I'm almost there now but still having the same problem as SWhitton above?

The white screen and every subsequent screen overlaps the previous one rendering it unplayable?  Seems like its within touching distance but still agonizingly out of reach!! :(

45 minutes ago, le sorcier said:

Excellent stuff.

I feel I'm almost there now but still having the same problem as SWhitton above?

The white screen and every subsequent screen overlaps the previous one rendering it unplayable?  Seems like its within touching distance but still agonizingly out of reach!! :(

task manager and close the program down then try again. 

kept happening to alot of us

Nope.  Tried this loads of times.

Still not working?  Frustrating as its almost there.  Hopefully its solvable?

On 1/16/2021 at 11:02 AM, le sorcier said:

Excellent stuff.

Have now tried this on 3 different laptops and all have the same problem? 

Anyone any ideas?