British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Berwick V Sheffield 9th Aug 2014 @ 7pm

Chuffed for Matty Wethers tonight he's not been in the best of form of late, but seemed to have an edge tonight. Good to see him back to something like his best.

Matej also sharp out of the gate and looks fast when in front.

Steen also attacking the first and second bends better than of late.

Just a word for Sheffield. Every team goes through bad spells. Only a few years ago Sheffield were unbeatable at home and were a fixture in the end of season playoffs. Every team has downturns. Their time will come again.

Tuesday night is going to be tough, no doubt about it. Need every rider to be on top of their game. Can't wait.

• Like 4

You know the Bandits are doing things right on and off track when the threads start missing some of the usual suspects!

:party:

• Like 3

You know the Bandits are doing things right on and off track when the threads start missing some of the usual suspects!

:party:

I take it you mean the guys who if you gave them forty grand and told them to look out of the window they'd complain about the view

Or they couldn't see the crazy golf

Edited by Goodiepatchie

If you like your racing close, and your scores even closer, this wasn't the meeting for you. Sheffield don't have their problems to find just lately with so many injuries, and sadly for them the guests they chose last night were largely ineffectual, add to that a reserve a bit out of his depth and you end up on the wrong end of a big defeat, hopefully for them their injuries clear up soon and they can get back to having a full team, if they can get Covatti scoring they will pick up points. Also, this is a different Berwick team these days, it is a team riding with confidence and one that is going to take a bit of stopping at home.

Take nothing away from Berwick though, they were excellent, it was good to see Wethers back on form, and Edberg chipping in with some good points at reserve, clearly there will be stiffer challengers but you can only beat what's put in front of you and Berwick did just that. As ever Simon Stead was a joy to watch round Shielfield.

• Like 4

Professional nights work for Berwick and an expected comfortable win. Great score from Weathers, hoprfully he's turned the corner. The next two matches really are the most important ones so far this season, lets get 6 points from them and take ourselves 4 points behind Ediinburgh. On last nights form, we are probably stronger with R/R for Bellego next saturday against Somerset.

Professional nights work for Berwick and an expected comfortable win. Great score from Weathers, hoprfully he's turned the corner. The next two matches really are the most important ones so far this season, lets get 6 points from them and take ourselves 4 points behind Ediinburgh. On last nights form, we are probably stronger with R/R for Bellego next saturday against Somerset.

I agree next 2 home matches are must wins hopefully we can continue the form we are in and get the 6 points on offer it wont be easy but it is possible.Hope they stock up on chips n burgers for Tuesday night they were all gone before 8 last night and not with that big a crowd.

Didn't put this in my earlier post but I think it is worth mentioning, well done to all concerned for the slickness of the meeting last night, well presented, well run, also thankfully there were no fallers. At least this poster is very grateful, especially as I had a 4am start at work this morning.

• Like 2

Some great passing from the home team last night too.

Plenty of entertainment considering the margin of victory.

:approve:

• Like 2

I agree next 2 home matches are must wins hopefully we can continue the form we are in and get the 6 points on offer it wont be easy but it is possible.Hope they stock up on chips n burgers for Tuesday night they were all gone before 8 last night and not with that big a crowd.

I thought it was a pretty decent gate. I can't remember the last time I saw so many people on the back straight.

I am at least partly responsible for the lack of food. The reputation of Mr Anderson's burgers has spread far and wide (I should say apart from Berwick I never touch speedway catering) so I had two.

Berwick were impressive, Sheffield (Stead aside) anything but.

• Like 1

YAHOO! back on line properly, blo*dy internet at times, been off for a week, had to bring in my 'My-Fy', expensive option.

Enjoyed Saturday night, albeit against one on the poorest Sheffield team in a long time, the only merit was Simon Stead his usual around Shielfield. Al of our team with their racing heads on, winning against a poor team, but still an enjoyable evening of racing. The next two meetings at home are much sterner tests, so keep your heads together lads.

On another subject, 'Forum Fannies & Doom & Gloom Merchants', the weather updates on this site are often requested and are welcomed by travellers who travel 100s of miles, if i had just driven 400 miles to find the meeting called off, especially when weather forecasting is so good nowadays, I would be sorly pissed off.

• Like 1

On another subject, 'Forum Fannies & Doom & Gloom Merchants', the weather updates on this site are often requested and are welcomed by travellers who travel 100s of miles, if i had just driven 400 miles to find the meeting called off, especially when weather forecasting is so good nowadays, I would be sorly pissed off.

Couldn't agree more, I`d love to know what weather system they use that makes their weather forecasting skills and predictions so right and ours on here so wrong, and as you say many weather updates are requested by travelling fans both from the Berwick area and from the away team. I`m sure the Berwick fans are grateful to the home supporters weather updates when Berwick are the away team.

Couldn't agree more, I`d love to know what weather system they use that makes their weather forecasting skills and predictions so right and ours on here so wrong, and as you say many weather updates are requested by travelling fans both from the Berwick area and from the away team. I`m sure the Berwick fans are grateful to the home supporters weather updates when Berwick are the away team.

My word!

Is there no end to your skills?

You now claim to be a meteorologist!

My word!

Is there no end to your skills?

You now claim to be a meteorologist!

Now Scott don't make a DICK of yourself :D:D:D

• Like 1

Now Scott don't make a DICK of yourself :D:D:D

Just having a bit of mischief :mad: