British Speedway Forum
stevehone

Kings Lynn V Poole 14/08/14

Then why hasn't anybody from the BSPA had the guts to put out an official statement? Do you think they have no idea the fans are upset? Of course they do. They visit this forum just like you or I. They haven't made a statement because they are in the wrong and they have no defense.

Then as I have said several times before - have a go at the BSPA/Fast Track Co-ordinator. Start a relevant thread instead of taking over every Poole thread. :shock:

Good night, pleasant dreams. :t:

Edited by Skidder1

Absolutely - and there is no absolute proof to the contrary. Plenty of the usual and expected theorists - but no proof of any supposed 'cheating' whatsoever, otherwise Poole would have been disciplined and probably had Compton's points erased. Oh hang on though......!! :D

The proof has already been established. Rules WERE changed to suit 1 team (it wasn't like the rules even needed changing!)

He will be over the moon, but he won't be coming on here to share it... Sadly.

Hoorah. That now is great news.

Just the one blue and blind to keep churning out the same stuff to alienate all his fellow Poole supporters.

At least its just a one man band, although a very poor Shovlar Copy.

If this was a real tribute act you would been booed off the stages ages ago. :approve::rofl::party:

• Like 2

Says the person who his fellow Poole supporters look at with disdain. (you might need that explaining to you).

Precisely. So why were the rules changed and not when a team genuinely needed it? (Swindon)

I had huge admiration for Poole after there awesome performance at Monmore last week, and then they go and make a change, affecting rules being unnecessarily altered, with no real need too just 24 hours later.

Whilst Poole fans rub there hands with glee over more rule breaking (Middlo`s words) yet more fans walk away from the sport because of this constant rule bending.

Poole Speedway............... great for Poole Speedway.

B******s are they walking away because of alleged cheating...........fans are walking away because they are not getting a quality product at their own tracks.............Poole are successful purely because they have a promoter that works for the club and gets the best he can out of the riders..........he does what other promoters are not doing and that is getting out there and promoting................there are a few promoters out there that could learn from him instead of sitting on their backsides expecting the world to come to them..............

RP

• Like 4

He will be over the moon, but he won't be coming on here to share it... Sadly.

He's too embarassed..

Absolutely - and there is no absolute proof to the contrary. Plenty of the usual and expected theorists - but no proof of any supposed 'cheating' whatsoever, otherwise Poole would have been disciplined and probably had Compton's points erased. Oh hang on though......!! :D

Isn't that the problem Skidder...

Poole cheat year after year and get away with it due to the 'disingenuous' nature of the sport.

In the meantime more and more true supporters walk away from the sport !

The comments of many on various threads on here tell you something about true fan's feelings, but you don't appear to care, just mock (with that winking emoticon that you forever use).. :t:

I'm afraid to say that such an attitude to this great sport is just not good enough :nono:

Edited by yerropes
  • Like 3

How disappointing for many on here that the peoples top team couldn't rise to the challenge and crush those nasty, marauding and plundering Pirates :lol:

Brilliant away win so well done to the Poole boys. Commiserations to Kings Lynn. Only a fool would right them off and they will be smarting and after revenge next time around.

• Like 2

B******s are they walking away because of alleged cheating...........fans are walking away because they are not getting a quality product at their own tracks.............Poole are successful purely because they have a promoter that works for the club and gets the best he can out of the riders..........he does what other promoters are not doing and that is getting out there and promoting................there are a few promoters out there that could learn from him instead of sitting on their backsides expecting the world to come to them..............

RP

I agree, but BOTH are an issue that affects people having had enough with the Sport.

And there is no need to attempt to swear either.

• Like 1

Everyone had the same opportunity at the same time as Poole. MF just acted more quickly.......... again!! :t:

Not strictly true. The rule change to allow riders to be (in effect) swopped with any other ranked below 24 only applies to those teams who have riders ranked at that level. In this case it is Poole and Belle Vue only in that position. Matt actually announced his team change before the rule change was posted on the BSPA site and once he got Compton the rule change no longer can benefit Belle Vue as they can only replace Payne (26) with riders below him in the grading list.

The main question is, why, given the minimal improvement (if any) Benji gives to the team, did all this have to happen? But I guess we all know the answer to that.

• Like 1

But at the end of the day its not Kasprzak at reserve scoring double figures is it? Its Benji Compton and I am not taking anything away from Benji or Ben Hopwood or Brendan Johnson but none of them are contributing to Poole Speedway are they? because the only way they score points is when they are gifted them.

Once again I am not showing disrespect to the riders I am just being honest.

If it was a rider who was better than Brendan Johnson then I could understand the fans frustration but Poole are only replacing a struggling rider with another struggling rider who is not going to do any better than Brendan.

Obviously fans have different opinions on the situation but it doesn't bother me because the change is not going to make a difference to winning and losing the EL because both riders score 0 or 1 at best and I mean that with the upmost respect.

The point is the rules didn't need changing. But they were and that stinks.

Poole were always looking like having a donkey at number 7, that was just the way it was.

Newman is one of the best EL reserves and only the one is important.

Poole wanted Compton and they got Compton. For what reason only MF knows.

Either ways rules were unnecessarily altered to assist one club.

Dress it how you want.

F*ck me this Benji Compton bollox has gone on far too long. Its boring as hell!! When my beloved Robins finally won the league it was with a tean that included Morris on a dodgy British reduction. I dont see people going on about this all the time because its not Poole. If Poole win the league this year Benji C00000000000mpton will be mentioned on here for years to come! People need to get a grip! One NL wobbler for another and yeah it was a bit under hand but they are both sh1te so who really cares 2 weeks later?!! Get over it people!!

Edited by thecoombdog
  • Like 6

But at the end of the day its not Kasprzak at reserve scoring double figures is it? Its Benji Compton and I am not taking anything away from Benji or Ben Hopwood or Brendan Johnson but none of them are contributing to Poole Speedway are they? because the only way they score points is when they are gifted them.

Once again I am not showing disrespect to the riders I am just being honest.

If it was a rider who was better than Brendan Johnson then I could understand the fans frustration but Poole are only replacing a struggling rider with another struggling rider who is not going to do any better than Brendan.

Obviously fans have different opinions on the situation but it doesn't bother me because the change is not going to make a difference to winning and losing the EL because both riders score 0 or 1 at best and I mean that with the upmost respect.

The trouble is that certain people on here who do not support Poole have a habit of interfering in Poole matters and apparently only their opinion counts...........

RP

• Like 1

RP

Typical arrogant and inaccurate Poole response. Plenty of other promoters promote but not all get rules made and altered on a plate for them like the Dark Lord Ford, he has had some kind of influence over the MC for years and season after season stunts are pulled for Poole's benefit and they are never punished for it. And yes people are walking away from the sport as a result. Yourself, Starman, Shovlar & Skidder are brainwashed and sadly will never see what damage your promoter is doing to the sport. Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 8

The trouble is that certain people on here who do not support Poole have a habit of interfering in Poole matters and apparently only their opinion counts...........

RP

It's not Poole matters, it's matters that affect the whole league and future of the sport.

RP

Yes Matt Ford does all those things very well. He also cheats.