British Speedway Forum

Isn't that the team managers job?

Funny, I can imagine the phone call If she was taking to the referee at Rye House it would be something like

"If you want to be paid don't exclude any Rockets riders"

The Supporters Club I couldn't agree more with that. OK, the days of dinner dancers and discos are perhaps a thing of the past, but it could be the start of a trusting relationship between management and supporters.

I mean having a raffle draw after heat 1. Alright perhaps that's not quite the case but it should be done during the interval.

Currently the 50-50 draw rakes in I would say about £70 a week. I'd prefer to see that money go into a pot for perhaps riders tyres or dop and oil. I don't buy raffle tickets currently coz I don't exactly know where that money actually goes. I'm not saying it goes into non club pockets but it would be nice to actually know.

Edited by Dave Stummings

Funny that Dave, I've been banging on about the raffle tickets all season. Most other clubs have people going round selling them before & during the meetings. As far as I know the only place they're sold now is at the entrance with the programmes.

Supporters club was disbanded in the early 2000's amidst rumours of financial impropriety, not sure how much truth there is in that.

I've had experience with the Berwick supporters club, which is well run. They organise subsidised away coach trips and an end of season presentation which are always well supported.

I don't think you'd get as much of an enthusiastic response from Rye fans though. The days of Jan & Dave Longman organising the fantastic Rockets tours are long gone. Great times

• Like 1

Isn't that the team managers job?

What Postman Pat? Dont think hes got the minerals do you Shads?

What Postman Pat? Dont think hes got the minerals do you Shads?

I'm pretty sure he's taking orders directly from Silver.

Think the changes at Rye thus far so I hear are just the tip of the iceberg.

Edited by Dave Stummings

Think the changes at Rye thus far so I hear are just the tip of the iceberg.

Lets hope we don't hit the bugger and sink then.

• Like 1

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE:::

:::::::::

Changing Times at Rye House

2015 looks set to be a season of change at Rye House in more ways than one. Len Silver has already assembled a revamped Rockets team that he is determined will be more successful than last seasons Premier League cellar dwellers. The clubs second side, the Raiders, is also set to be re-born at a National League level, with Silvers son, former England international Andrew Silver, taking his first step into management as the man at the helm of that squad.

Now, news has followed that Silvers long-serving co-promoter, Hazal Naylor, has decided not to continue in that role, citing the growing demands of her parallel role within the expanding Silver Ski Holidays business. She herself says, I have enjoyed my many years of involvement with Speedway, supporting Len behind the scenes and ensuring that the club never got into difficulties. But my ever increasing work load for Silver Ski, as that company continues to expand, has made it impossible to continue. It was a hard decision to take, and I will really miss my involvement with our team.

Silver has been quick to pay tribute to Naylor for her reputation as one of the sports most astute administrators; one renowned for ensuring all riders have been paid on time and keeping Rye House debt-free, sometimes during difficult times. He has gone on to admit that This decision has realistically been coming for the last two years, so it is not really a surprise to me. but it does not alter the fact that I will miss Hazal's support immensely. Fortunately we work closely together in Silver Ski, so she will always be there to help if needed.

It goes without saying how grateful I am to her for the many years of hard work she has put into Speedway."

Looks like Andrew won then - future looking good for the Rockets

Thanks goes to Hazel tho, she has put in a lot of hard work over the years

Just seen this on FB:

What do you think about Warren Scott buying the 15year lease of Rye House. Will we get called "The Farmers" now.

V Surprised, but suppose it's good to know he's a Motorsport guy

Just seen this on FB:

What do you think about Warren Scott buying the 15year lease of Rye House. Will we get called "The Farmers" now.

V Surprised, but suppose it's good to know he's a Motorsport guy

I'd be surprised if he's buying the lease to the stadium solely for speedway use.

I'd be surprised if he's buying the lease to the stadium solely for speedway use.

Who is this guy? And does anyone know what he does.

Who is this guy? And does anyone know what he does.

The little information I have is that he is the owner of an energy drink company in the Midlands with connections to Motorsport. I think he's an ex racing driver. Recently sold his farm for a very substantial sum.

I've heard he has plans to upgrade the stadium for use other than speedway.

I think the plan is for him to be involved in the stadium side of it, but not the speedway side. Hopefully this'll mean improved catering facilities

Found this http://www.teambmr.com/news/Team-BMR-Challenge-2014

Maybe it's about the go kart track?

The clue is in the photo Edited by Shads

Just saw the result from the 1st round of Aussie Champs. Tyson not bad result after a year out not racing regularly.

Got 8 points, beat Sedgeman, C Holder, J Ringwood and others I do not recognise. Admittedly not a world beater but good start to work from.

Now we just got to wait to see if he gets his visa !!!!

Found some info on Warren Scott.

2015 SEASON LAUNCH24 MAR

WARREN SCOTT

DETAILS

RESULTS

Biography

A former British Superbike Championship racer, Warren Scott switched from two wheels to four when he joined the BTCC in 2013 with his self-run Team BMR Restart, campaigning a Super 2000 SEAT León in the Jack Sears Trophy over the opening half of the season.

Team BMR Restart joined forces with Team HARD during the championships mid-summer break, seeing Scott complete the year in an NGTC Volkswagen CC. With the squad rebranded as Chrome Edition Restart Racing for 2014, the team owner remains on the driving front in a Vauxhall Insignia.

DRIVER INFO

Nationality: British

Date of Birth: 28 September 1971

Place of Birth: Bishops Stortford

Lives: Bruntingford

Team: Chrome Edition Restart Racing

Car: Vauxhall Insignia

BTCC Debut: Brands Hatch, 30 March 2013

BTCC Races: 50

BTCC Wins: 0

BTCC Podiums: 0

BTCC Poles: 0

BTCC Fastest Laps: 0

DRIVER TITLES

DRIVER GALLERY

2014 DRIVER LINE-UP

AIDEN MOFFAT

FACEBOOK

LATEST TWEETS

We hope to bring you some fantastic stories next week, so enjoy this weekend & then strap yourselves in as we approach the @Autosport_Show!

2 days ago Are we all slowly recovering from the festive celebrations?! Next week is going to be a big one for the #BTCC

2 days ago Happy New Year everyone! The new #BTCC season is one step closer.

4 days ago We hope you all have a great evening and wish you a very Happy New Year! #BTCCfamily #BTCC2015isComing

4 days ago

All rights reserved. Site and content copyright © BTCC.net 2015

Re. Warren Scott, his farm management company address has changed from one farm to another in the same area. He owns Team BMR (Buntingford Motor Racing) and where the above profile says he combined resources with Team HARD he bought that team as well. Adding to the one man band approach, he is the sole director of the British distributor for the Austrian produced Restart drinks brand who are one of BMR's title sponsors. The company website design is credited to BMR Graphics.