British Speedway Forum

So was darcy ward as p... as a parrot or was he slightly over which would have affected his conrol of a motorbike

as have many on here had drinks earlier in the evening and thought they were clear?

of course all you clever holier than others have never done this have you!!

I have been drunk many times but never drove a car or operated machinery the next day but I too don't see the relevance that others have done the same thing it somehow vindicates Ward.

We are not on trial here as we did not drink a lot of alcohol the night before a GP.

Ward did that and deserves to be punished.

He lied about his bad news that too should be taken into account.

Frankly they should throw the book at him but He is responsible and He deserves to pay the price whatever that price is.

• Like 1

So was darcy ward as p... as a parrot or was he slightly over which would have affected his conrol of a motorbike

as have many on here had drinks earlier in the evening and thought they were clear?

of course all you clever holier than others have never done this have you!!

Think you missed a very important point...

he is a professional speedway rider, taking part in a high speed sport where he and 3 others risk their lives each time they take to the track.

No one can afford to ride with anything that might impair their judgement which would affect the safety oof themselves, and more important, the safety of others.

There are rules to protect him, and others, and he broke those rules..

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 3

Think you missed a very important point...

he is a professional speedway rider, taking part in a high speed sport where he and 3 others risk their lives each time they take to the track.

No one can afford to ride with anything that might impair their judgement which would affect the safety oof themselves, and more important, the safety of others.

you are correct but I have this nasty feeling that he will get a 6 month ban back dated from when it happened and will be back riding in a month or two then you watch him get a wild card for the gp`s

you are correct but I have this nasty feeling that he will get a 6 month ban back dated from when it happened and will be back riding in a

month or two then you watch him get a wild card for the gp`s

If the FIA would give him a very short ban, I think that Wada might step in and appeal the decision to CAS since Wards (like I said a few posts ago)

that Ward did not only violate FIM's rules but also Wada's anti-doping rules which FIM have implemented into their own rules.

I also think that the long delay might be due to that this, after all, is a prejudice ( in speedway at least) and FIM probably

wants to make sure they have water tight case as well as that the punishment will be adequate enough since it

probably would be used for future references if this situation would happen again.

If the FIA would give him a very short ban, I think that Wada might step in and appeal the decision to CAS since Wards (like I said a few posts ago)

that Ward did not only violate FIM's rules but also Wada's anti-doping rules which FIM have implemented into their own rules.

I also think that the long delay might be due to that this, after all, is a prejudice ( in speedway at least) and FIM probably

wants to make sure they have water tight case as well as that the punishment will be adequate enough since it

probably would be used for future references if this situation would happen again.

hope your right about a longer ban because he deserves it just don't think it will happen .

I'm (almost) sure your comment - the last sentence - was unintentional... But it read as if the opinions of those able to attend were more important.

There are many reasons why people cannot physically attend events - family commitments, financial hardships, disability - to name just three that immediately come to mind. Perhaps you are paid to attend - or perhaps not...

The consensus may be that those unable to attend have thought long and hard about their opinions on 'the Ward issue'. Sometimes a quick 'hands-up' exercise after a question has been asked results in an artificial response as people watch what others do/don't do. I wouldn't say your 'audience' were far more forgiving - just far less thoughtful about the whole scenario. The question they were asked was - I think - worded so that you got the answer that you wanted - and you did.

Very tactful Scribbler.

Mr Rising knows exactly what he's saying, much like the troll Gustix. I love the way he tries to play Mr innocent in his posts, after he's deliberately thrown the worm in.

He's a journalist it's ingrained, He loves to come here with the, 'I know something you don't know' posts and we get the. 'Oh thank you Philip' brigade, kissing arse, 'We wouldn't have known that if it hadn't been for you Philip' Oh please :rolleyes:

He won't reply tonight of course, he'll be rubbing shoulders ( kiss arsing) with the great and mighty and preparing to come back with his next instalment for the saddos to hang on to tomorrow :)

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 4

Well, I'm now 100% certain that Monster will force through Darcy being included in 2015 as a Wildcard if the FIM don't ban him. Very disappointed to see a video that shows Ward hanging around with the Monster crew in all Monster clobber. It's a shame that the SGP's main sponsors have shown misguided priorities.

While suspended Ward should not be around or involved in any manor to do with speedway. Sets an absolutely s#!+ example IMO

• Like 2

He thought he was OK though obviously.

That's what alcohol does - affects the judgement.

• Like 2

Very tactful Scribbler.

Mr Rising knows exactly what he's saying, much like the troll Gustix. I love the way he tries to play Mr innocent in his posts, after he's deliberately thrown the worm in.

He's a journalist it's ingrained, He loves to come here with the, 'I know something you don't know' posts and we get the. 'Oh thank you Philip' brigade, kissing arse, 'We wouldn't have known that if it hadn't been for you Philip' Oh please :rolleyes:

He won't reply tonight of course, he'll be rubbing shoulders ( kiss arsing) with the great and mighty and preparing to come back with his next instalment for the saddos to hang on tomorrow :)

A sad post from a sad person,i never get the impression of any arrogance from him kissing ass i don't see that either.Also the S/Star is his livelihood he is hardly going to p... people off for the sake of it however he might feel.Why this nastiness towards him? puzzling really i don't understand why you feel you need to.
  • Like 5

A sad post from a sad person,i never get the impression of any arrogance from him kissing ass i don't see that either.Also the S/Star is his livelihood he is hardly going to p... people off for the sake of it however he might feel.Why this nastiness towards him? puzzling really i don't understand why you feel you need to.

Sidney my little darling. How did I know you'd be here with your, don't you be nasty about my ickle fwiend post. Well, I think that's what you've said :)

Sidney my little darling. How did I know you'd be here with your, don't you be nasty about my ickle fwiend post. Well, I think that's what you've said :)

If you don't like what he says or respect what he says why read it?Kissing ass what did you mean by that comment ?
  • Like 1

Well, I'm now 100% certain that Monster will force through Darcy being included in 2015 as a Wildcard if the FIM don't ban him.

Yep, looks that way.

It just struck me, could the Aussie GP being in October be done to allow Ward time to serve any ban to ensure they have him there for the Aussie GP? or am I just being cynical?

Very tactful Scribbler.

He won't reply tonight of course, he'll be rubbing shoulders ( kiss arsing) with the great and mighty and preparing to come back with his next instalment for the saddos to hang on to tomorrow :)

:rofl:

If you don't like what he says or respect what he says why read it?Kissing ass what did you mean by that comment ?

Because I can and I choose too. What do you think a kiss arse is Sidney?