British Speedway Forum

Sorry, did't realise you couldn't read..

Read it, can't find what it says about me?

They won't throw it out, but they'l probably give him a suspened sentance, and thats probably the best they'l come up with. Otherwise had it been cut and dried it would have been long over now.

There you go Wackie, just for you. but you'd better draft somebody in to read it for you...

You said I didn't quote your next post, that says a lot about you - what does it say about me?

Edited by Wackie
  • Like 1

You said I didn't quote your next post, that says a lot about you - what does it say about me?

I give up. Clearly your not following the thread, your just another keyboard warrior like Gavan who types for the fun of typing..

Ah the irony.

Still waiting Starry, by me not quoting your following post to a response someone made to one of your other posts I agreed with, what does that say about me? You made the statement, surely you weren't talking b*ll*x!

I give up. Clearly your not following the thread, your just another keyboard warrior like Gavan who types for the fun of typing..

you need help

• Like 1

This really is a tense situation in what should be a straightforward procedure, the outcome based on previous cases involving the FIM should be a ban from competition. So what has actually occurred here and why as it appears, is there some form of legal challenge. Why do the Poole promotion feel that Darcy Ward has been punished enough, when in fact he is merely suspended and no judgement has been made and no sentence imposed. I am interested to see what procedures the FIM have actually followed and importantly how the evidence has been gathered in this case. I would find it astonishing if there have been errors as their regulations are very detailed and comprehensive. Reading some posts on the forum, and with comments from Matt Ford, it appears the challenge is over some form of procedural failure. In the UK in respect of road traffic matters the procedures are straightforward. The first procedure is a screening breath test with a simple pass or fail based on the legal limit of 35 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. Although part of the evidence chain, and determining an arrest, this reading is not stand alone evidence for conviction. Following this procedure the person is arrested and when in custody given two further tests on a self calibrating machine which is the evidential sample for Court purposes. Two samples are taken and the lower figure counts. Interestingly, if a person gives readings between 40 and 50 he can elect to provide a sample of blood for analysis. I would expect that Ward has been asked to provide a sample of breath at the stadium and failed this procedure. So what has happened from here. Has Ward provided a blood or urine sample ? Has he had an option to do so ? These are the two recognised methods where a further specimen can be obtained for evidential purposes, and where the accused can have the so called 'B' sample for independent analysis . I suspect the challenge may be around these issues. I believe the FIM regulations have a no alcohol present standard and thus they may have simply taken the breath sample as evidence. Is it the case that Ward's advisors have employed a Legal Team to challenge on this basis. It is indeed a sad situation in many ways. I genuinely hope whatever the outcome that Darcy Ward does learn from this and hopefully finally mature and progress in our sport. I apologise for the lengthy post.

• Like 2

Ah the irony.

Still waiting Starry, by me not quoting your following post to a response someone made to one of your other posts I agreed with, what does that say about me? You made the statement, surely you weren't talking b*ll*x!

Try reading..

you need help

Yep quite right you do. You've just realised that after all this time... :t:

This really is a tense situation in what should be a straightforward procedure, the outcome based on previous cases involving the FIM should be a ban from competition. So what has actually occurred here and why as it appears, is there some form of legal challenge. Why do the Poole promotion feel that Darcy Ward has been punished enough, when in fact he is merely suspended and no judgement has been made and no sentence imposed. I am interested to see what procedures the FIM have actually followed and importantly how the evidence has been gathered in this case. I would find it astonishing if there have been errors as their regulations are very detailed and comprehensive. Reading some posts on the forum, and with comments from Matt Ford, it appears the challenge is over some form of procedural failure. In the UK in respect of road traffic matters the procedures are straightforward. The first procedure is a screening breath test with a simple pass or fail based on the legal limit of 35 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. Although part of the evidence chain, and determining an arrest, this reading is not stand alone evidence for conviction. Following this procedure the person is arrested and when in custody given two further tests on a self calibrating machine which is the evidential sample for Court purposes. Two samples are taken and the lower figure counts. Interestingly, if a person gives readings between 40 and 50 he can elect to provide a sample of blood for analysis. I would expect that Ward has been asked to provide a sample of breath at the stadium and failed this procedure. So what has happened from here. Has Ward provided a blood or urine sample ? Has he had an option to do so ? These are the two recognised methods where a further specimen can be obtained for evidential purposes, and where the accused can have the so called 'B' sample for independent analysis . I suspect the challenge may be around these issues. I believe the FIM regulations have a no alcohol present standard and thus they may have simply taken the breath sample as evidence. Is it the case that Ward's advisors have employed a Legal Team to challenge on this basis. It is indeed a sad situation in many ways. I genuinely hope whatever the outcome that Darcy Ward does learn from this and hopefully finally mature and progress in our sport. I apologise for the lengthy post.

Don't wiorry about it. Good job your not a poole fan, otherwise you'd get torn to pieces... Yes im sure this time Darcy will learn his lesson from this.

Blokes a pillock. Hope the final outcome is he is sent packing for a year or two to learn his lesson.

• Like 2

I try and read your posts Starry, I can even make sense of some of them. But still waiting for you to answer what you think me not quoting one of your other posts says about me? Simple question really.

Blokes a pillock. Hope the final outcome is he is sent packing for a year or two to learn his lesson.

Enough about starman, what do you think of Darcy? :)
  • Like 6

Bored stiff by all this -over the leagle alcohol limit for racing speedway = a ban - end of

• Like 1

What puzzles me is that if there was a legal defence on procedural grounds, nowhere has it been clearly articulated by Mr Ward's lawyers, his representatives on Earth (Messrs Middleditch and Ford) or from the prodigiously tweeting Darcy.

The odd vague reference to "irregularities" seems unconvincing given that if there was an argument it has now been put to the FIM, so nobody in the Ward camp would be in any doubt as to the substance of the case being put forward on his behalf.

• Like 1

There seems to have been lots of straws grasped at since August last year!

Don't you get more drunk if you use a straw?

• Like 1