British Speedway Forum

All this waiting for this verdict is not doing my blood pressure and good :D They must have fitted some sort of pressure relief safety valve on Middilo :rofl:

Edited by mike1944
  • Like 1

They must have fitted some sort of pressure relief safety valve on Middilo :rofl:

If so, it must be a duff one !

I subscribe to the Speedway Star, and done so for a few seasons now, but the Ward story on the first couple of pages in this weeks edition is lifted straight out of the Ward, Middleditch, Poole Speedway PR machine.

Poor journalism.

• Like 2

It's just gustix up to his usual stuff yet again.We'll get the "First attended speedway at New Cross in 1946.....! soon.All return to normal when Nurse tucks him up though :t:

Out of interest Doug, when did you first see speedway? :unsure:

Not a question I can answer John.I only have an Olle Nygren rosette as a possible clue.Might be able to find out when I first attended a Streatham Redskins game though if I delve through boxes of stuff in the cellar

1946, new cross, ollie nygren. 'A Luxury'.

I first attended t'speedway in 1485 at t'old Bosworth Field track. It were a test match between t'Lancs and t'Yorks

I remember that dirty barsteward Richard Pedersen III came a right cropper after trying to take Lancs number 1 Henry Tudor into t'fence.

Lancs won t'meeting but result might have been differant if 't'brilliant Aussie Sir Darcy Belch hadn't been kicked out for supping too much grog on night before meeting.

• Like 1

I subscribe to the Speedway Star, and done so for a few seasons now, but the Ward story on the first couple of pages in this weeks edition is lifted straight out of the Ward, Middleditch, Poole Speedway PR machine.

Poor journalism.

Many people - me included - have, over the years, taken the rather easy option of 'having a pop' at the Star.

Sometimes it has been just a bit too much fun to resist such an 'open goal'.

They have have made it just too easy sometimes.

But this winter their performance has been really rather weird.

They have produced a whole range of genuinely interesting historical articles, actually far better than those in publications dedicated to nostalgia.

In addition, the Star has produced some really informative features and interviews on contemporary figures of real merit.

All real advances on previous winter fare.

But all that has to contrasted with the truly awful coverage of the Darcy Ward issue.

That has been shameful.

I am always struck by the fact that the 'Darcy weekly love-in' never carries a byline.

Just about every other item (except the Cradley articles written by Nige) carry an attribution.

But never the nauseating offerings that come littered with Muddlo musings.

I wonder why?

• Like 2

Additionally peter oakes has been on twitter whingeing about the delays, as has phil on here...it's all very very odd

• Like 1

Additionally peter oakes has been on twitter whingeing about the delays, as has phil on here...it's all very very odd

It's called pissing in the same pot isn't it? :P

How can the BPSA keep letting Midllo spout his silly mouth off to the news media and also his ridiculas comments on twitter and they are doing absolutly nothing to stop him. I would have thought by now they would have placed a gag on him or at the bery least have given him a heafty fine. From the rubbish he has been printing over the past couple of weeks thay should also ban him from managing Poole speedway for the coming season, then that would really give the hard hat fans who are saying that Darcy is a super god and can do no wrong something else to talk about and give the Darcy 2 year ban to come a rest for a bit until they declare it to the press.

If I was Matt Ford I would tell Middlo to be quite as he making the club and British speedway look very stupid.

So I say 2 year ban for Darcy starting from the begging of this coming season and a 12 month ban for Middlo begging also at the start of the coming season for puting the sport in direspect, by making coments above and beyond his station.

weatherwatcher, I agree with your comments about Middlo and Ford.

However FIM cannot give him a two year ban from the start of this season since

the max length of suspensions, at time of offence,

was two years.

Suspending him two years from the start of the season would mean a suspension of 2,5 years.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 2

How can the BPSA keep letting Midllo spout his silly mouth off to the news media and also his ridiculas comments on twitter and they are doing absolutly nothing to stop him. I would have thought by now they would have placed a gag on him or at the bery least have given him a heafty fine. From the rubbish he has been printing over the past couple of weeks thay should also ban him from managing Poole speedway for the coming season, then that would really give the hard hat fans who are saying that Darcy is a super god and can do no wrong something else to talk about and give the Darcy 2 year ban to come a rest for a bit until they declare it to the press.

If I was Matt Ford I would tell Middlo to be quite as he making the club and British speedway look very stupid.

So I say 2 year ban for Darcy starting from the begging of this coming season and a 12 month ban for Middlo begging also at the start of the coming season for puting the sport in direspect, by making coments above and beyond his station.

Spout his mouth off, what is he supposed to sit there and just take all the abuse thrown at him. Wonder if you would think the same if you was in his position..

Neil has said in the past, IF, it transpires that Darcy was wrong, then yes, he deserves to be punished and NOBODY would disagree with that, for those Focally challenged please read that several times,, But ,IF, the whole procedure was up for debate for the want of a better word, then the FIM needs to look to their laurals and take the rap. That said, NOTHING should take this long 45 days or no 45 days, , its an utter discrace, as i said, how many do they have working for them ?,. TWO and one landline..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

weatherwatcher, I agree with your comments about Middlo and Ford.

However FIM cannot give him a two year ban from the start of this season since

the max length of suspensions, at time of offence,

was two years.

Suspending him two years from the start of the season would mean a suspension of 2,5 years.

Sounds good to me. So lets just go for 2 and a half years then. That would give him half a year to do some yoga and meditation to bring his mind, that is if he has one under control.

He must be a real thico or he just likes constantly getting into trouble, which he seems to do on a regular basis. If he really sorts his life out and has the right attitude when he comes back, there is every possibility that he could still become world champion , because he has the talent, he just seems that he goes of the rails far to often.A real shame because he has everything going for him in the sport, he has some of the best sponsers, who will be thinking twice no doubt with all the rubbish, he and his oppo are saying at the moment.

It would have been far better for them to have just kept quite.

Spout his mouth off, what is he supposed to sit there and just take all the abuse thrown at him. Wonder if you would think the same if you was in his position..

Neil has said in the past, IF, it transpires that Darcy was wrong, then yes, he deserves to be punished and NOBODY would diagree with that, for those Focally challenged please read that several times,, But ,IF, the whole procedure was up for debate for the want of a better word, then the FIM needs to look to their laurals and take the rap. That said, NOTHING should take this long 45 days or no 45 days, , its an utter discrace, as i said, how many do they have working for them ?,. TWO and one landline..

What they have both said has been nothing but sheer ridiculas and it is not doing his case or the way both of them look to genuine speedway fans.

Both of them are bringing the sport into disrepute.

They knew and where told at the court hearing that it would take 45 days and what it means is. They have to wait for 45 days not as Darcy said within the week and we hear them both going on about beinmg kept waiting and not hearing anything.

They will not hear anything yet because the 45 days are not up yet. Don't they get it are are they both that brain dead that they don;t understand what 45 days mean.

Edited by weatherwatcher

Sounds good to me. So lets just go for 2 and a half years then. That would give him half a year to do some yoga and meditation to bring his mind, that is if he has one under control.

He must be a real thico or he just likes constantly getting into trouble, which he seems to do on a regular basis. If he really sorts his life out and has the right attitude when he comes back, there is every possibility that he could still become world champion , because he has the talent, he just seems that he goes of the rails far to often.A real shame because he has everything going for him in the sport, he has some of the best sponsers, who will be thinking twice no doubt with all the rubbish, he and his oppo are saying at the moment.

It would have been far better for them to have just kept quite.

What they have both said has been nothing but sheer ridiculas and it is not doing his case or the way both of them look to genuine speedway fans.

Both of them are bringing the sport into disrepute.

They knew and where told at the court hearing that it would take 45 days and what it means is. They have to wait for 45 days not as Darcy said within the week and we hear them both going on about beinmg kept waiting and not hearing anything.

They will not hear anything yet because the 445 days are not up yet. Don't they get it are are they both that brain dead that they don;t understand what 45 days mean.

Oh come on , is it 45 days or 445 days, ? make your mind up... :rofl: The FIM will take nothing on board of what either Neil or Matt say. But, as i said, im sure you'd be saying the same thing if you was in Neils position. Neil is his Guardian if you like, and Matt is his boss. They are both entitled to stick up for him, but on the same token, see my post above. Clearly you skipped that sentance.

If they are his gardians then they have not made a very good job of it have they.

Sorry about the typo, but why not 445 days at least he would have a bit longer to stew.

What abuse are they being put under, they all know when they will hear the result of the case, so all they can do is sit back and wait now, all the name calling they are doing about the FIM is just showing how childish they all are.

What the point of it all anyway if as Miiddlo stated that he thought it may be that Darcy takes a couple of years away from the sport, he for one has not done Darcy any favours has he.

Edited by weatherwatcher

Neil has said in the past, IF, it transpires that Darcy was wrong, then yes, he deserves to be punished and NOBODY would disagree with that, for those Focally challenged please read that several times,, But ,IF, the whole procedure was up for debate for the want of a better word, then the FIM needs to look to their laurals and take the rap. That said, NOTHING should take this long 45 days or no 45 days, , its an utter discrace, as i said, how many do they have working for them ?,. TWO and one landline..

Still clinging on to that hope starry? The length of time Poole are taking in naming their full team is disgraceful, I wouldn't want to stump up the money for a season ticket when who's going to be spearheading the team with Holder is still undecided. And whilst some may think that Poole are loyal in backing Ward again, even though Ford had given him one more chance before his latest misdemeanor, how fair and loyal are they being to Magic? He's obviously classed as second best, and I wouldn't put it past Ford to be playing around with contracts, so they can report Magic hasn't agreed terms! I expect 'suddenly' if Ward is banned Jankowski will have signed on the dotted line within 48 hours - and if he does, I hope he bleeds Ford dry.

• Like 1