British Speedway Forum

Do you honestly think Tatum is actually going to say in public what he really thinks , in the same shoes, would you ?

Why wouldn't he?

Although, taking your line of thought, Tatum's words are irrelevant and he doesn't really believe Ward should be allowed to race.

When Ward did is live interview at the Litvian GP he was bullied into that interview.

If Ward had been bullied into doing the interview I have no doubt that Muddlo the Mouth would have been screaming about it ever since.

The absence of any comment from Muddlo about about bullying suggests there is not much mileage on that front.

Aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww -- poor little diddums.

Man enough to have a drink - but NOT man enough to say NO to an Interview.

I don't think so.

One thing I do think about Ward is that if he doesn't want to do something - he is perfectly capable of saying NO - or - the Australian equivalent - 'F*** off'.

One thing he does not lack is courage - as can be seen by his performance on a Speedway Bike.

No - being 'bullied' does not seem like Mr. Ward to me.

Take it you was ther ? & before you ask, yes i was!!

If Ward had been bullied into doing the interview I have no doubt that Muddlo the Mouth would have been screaming about it ever since.

The absence of any comment from Muddlo about about bullying suggests there is not much mileage on that front.

So what you are saying, Tatum is lying

Take it you was ther ? & before you ask, yes i was!!

No - I wasn't there.

However the impression one gets of Mr. Ward is that he would be a difficult person to bully. Perhaps you used the wrong word, perhaps he was pushed in to the interview.

But 'bullied' is a strong word and I just don't see Mr. Ward being 'bullied'.

Sorry.

No - I wasn't there.

However the impression one gets of Mr. Ward is that he would be a difficult person to bully. Perhaps you used the wrong word, perhaps he was pushed in to the interview.

But 'bullied' is a strong word and I just don't see Mr. Ward being 'bullied'.

Sorry.

Not my quote, it was Tatums!

It has been stated that the date of the hearing kept being put back because of the fact that the Ward camp were going down the route of there being a problem with the procedure. If they hadn't the case would have been heard much sooner and the 45 days would have been gone by now. So I wish people would stop bleating on about the length of time when that is down partly to Ward

• Like 2

AMAZING that after 288 pages another new strand emerges ... as one who was part of the process (arranging interviews) Ward certainly wasn't bullied into doing one in Latvia after failing his alcohol test. The consensus amongst his advisers including his sponsors felt that on balance it would be better to do an interview than not.There was no coercion.

With regard to Gavan's comments above ... nothing that has gone on since has been anything more than conjecture. We do not know for a fact what arguments Ward's legal team have put forward because, quite understandably, they have not commented publicly. Others might have done but that is not the same thing.

Neither have the FIM. Personally I do feel that the FIM could have explained the actual process without any prejudice. And the fact that their own regulations allow this amount of time to pass does not necessarily make it right. It seems highly unlikely that the FIM lawyers would have done nothing to verify their position between being advised of the situation (which I do know for a fact was within days of the alleged offence) and the actual hearing.

If, and again this is pure conjecture, Ward's lawyers were challenging the validity of the procedures that took place at the SGP, then surely the FIM's team would have investigated before the hearing rather than after. So, while a timescale of 45 days is not unusual, one would have thought that coming to a decision would not take that long and passing judgement sooner rather than later the better option, particularly if the verdict turns out to be not guilty for whatever reason.

And before the usual suspects come firing back, let me reiterate that my view would be the same regardless of who was involved.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 5

[quote name="sommelier" post="2578399" timestamp="1424612415"

No I am not saying Tatum is lying. He was clearly doing his best to answer a question based on what he has heard, and what he had heard could very likely be a founded in fiction rather than fact, as is often the case when people talk about these things a stories get repeated and exaggerated.Philip Risings post for example suggests it may well have been something less than bullying.

• Like 3

I asked him a question last night regarding Robert Lambert and boy did he give me a no frills straight answer!

If you can remember his answer I'm intrigued to know the answer please?

• Like 1

If you can remember his answer I'm intrigued to know the answer please?

Yes, I hung on to every word he said! firstly I am a big Lambert fan, for one he is british and there is not too many of his age about with the talent he has. I asked Tatum how he rated him, he said he had a few bad habits but can see him becoming a international rider. Kind regards Marcus

Yes, I hung on to every word he said! firstly I am a big Lambert fan, for one he is british and there is not too many of his age about with the talent he has. I asked Tatum how he rated him, he said he had a few bad habits but can see him becoming a international rider. Kind regards Marcus

darcy ward style bad habits or on track bad habits?

WASN'T there, of course, but have had numerous conversations with Kelvin travelling to and from GPs about young riders developing what Ivan Mauger used to call riding 'bad habits' at the very early stages of their careers so feel confident that would be what KT was referring to.

Always been a pet theme of mine that few sportsmen have no proper coaching from the outset and throughout their careers but generally speedway riders fall into that category. Which is exactly why Ivan, who used to run authentic training schools as opposed to watching youngsters go round in circles, said what he did. Too many, he would say, think they know it all once they slide a bike but that is only the start.

• Like 3