British Speedway Forum

This thread shows part of Darcy Ward's life as a speedway rider.and to delete it would be wrong. It would be eradicating his personality. He hasn't become a saint because of his injury - he has become a rider we are concerned about because he is injured. Even if we don't normally support him or his team we will support and care about him in this situation.

To de-personalise this I imagine a thread about NP being deleted... NP would be saying 'Hey guys you've deleted all my best bits ...'

• Like 7

This thread shows part of Darcy Ward's life as a speedway rider.and to delete it would be wrong. It would be eradicating his personality. He hasn't become a saint because of his injury - he has become a rider we are concerned about because he is injured. Even if we don't normally support him or his team we will support and care about him in this situation.

To de-personalise this I imagine a thread about NP being deleted... NP would be saying 'Hey guys you've deleted all my best bits ...'

I think we spend so much time discussing and arguing about the things he's done in his past that we forget the human side to it all. It's absolutely heartbreaking, the poor bloke must be in such turmoil his family and friends too. I've thought of nothing else since Sunday and I don't do it much these days, but praying for him too.. I can't imagine what he' going through :cry:

• Like 6

No need to hide this thread IMO, Ward the rider divides opinion, Ward the person now lies in a hospital bed with an uncertain future, the speedway family will put aside their opinions on Ward the rider and pray for the long term well being of Ward the person.

Got that the wrong way round.

Ward the rider has never divided opinion.

Ward the person most certainly has.

• Like 5

Point taken and yes your right.

Anyone know when all the proceeds from the Zielona Gora 'DW' teeshirt sales are likely to find their way to the Ward family?

Anyone know when all the proceeds from the Zielona Gora 'DW' teeshirt sales are likely to find their way to the Ward family?

Bound too, I'd expect there's plenty of Zielona Gora officals on here :)

Or is this a post to arouse 'suspicion'....

• Like 1

Zielona Gora aren't Poole so their motives must be suspect...

Lets just say there appear to be some issues with some of the activities/fund raising in Poland!!! All official fund raising now has to have approval by either Mark Lemon and/or the Ward family. All the Torun stuff seems to have been done correctly and with the right approvals/agreements.

• Like 1

Lets just say there appear to be some issues with some of the activities/fund raising in Poland!!! All official fund raising now has to have approval by either Mark Lemon and/or the Ward family. All the Torun stuff seems to have been done correctly and with the right approvals/agreements.

How sad!

Didn't something similar happen to funds raised for Lee Richardsons family?

Agreed.Now hopefully Ward the human will bring both factions together and petty squabbling will stop.

Edited by dave69
  • Like 2

I ordered a T shirt 2 weeks ago. Money taken, no update on shipping, no shirt. Email ignored.

Make of that what you will.

Edited by GoFastTurnLeft

How sad!

Didn't something similar happen to funds raised for Lee Richardsons family?

Can't remember exactly but there was some nastiness from the Polish club over it