British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue V Lakeside/eastbourne Double Header 18/08/14

Has anybody got a clue what size crowd BV need to break even tonight?

At £25 I'd probably say 1500-2000 just to pay zagar lol

Gonna be a long night with RR......

Given the farce with the guest reserves riding for every team except BV and Rory now being able to help (or not) a title rival to qualify for the POKC I will keep my 25 quid in my pocket....

Maybe when speedway in this country stops being ran so poorly and us fans no longer have the p1ss constantly taken out of us then my 'hard earned' will again support its future....

If it is still there by then....?

Agree with you. That is exactly how i felt, the EL is taking the p**s out of it's punters. The final straw for me was was 4 years ago, after 41 years of going to Arlington I finally had enough, and have not been to speedway since. Unfortunately, as speedway promoters seem to ignore their customers nothing has changed and it may be that this is the last year for the Eagles. It feels like when you must have you old pet dog put down. You have seen it coming for ages, you are very very sad, but you know deep down it is best that he no longer suffers.

• Like 1

Will this meeting just be staight back to back. On finishes one starts? Will they get it done it time?

Depends on who's the ref. Mr Durno is certainly capable of getting 30 heats in, he managed 15 (including a few re runs) in under 70 minutes at Ipswich a few weeks ago when there was a threat of rain. But the cynic In me reckons the home promotion will be happy with the 2nd meeting being curtailed after 10 or 12 heats.

Edited by spanner47

What a poor looking team Lakeside are fielding tonight.

Does Zagar get paid for 1 meeting or two here? :D

More to the point will anyone daft enough to have gone get acrefund on half of their 25 nicker or will it be deemed enough to have staged 12 of the 30 heats

Doesn't matter, first one abandoned after heat 12, second one postponed....... Rain.

More to the point will anyone daft enough to have gone get acrefund on half of their 25 nicker or will it be deemed enough to have staged 12 of the 30 heats

Another fine mess to be sorted out.

Good point OA. We'll hear no doubt.

I don't see the issue. The fans have a readmission ticket for a meeting. No different to if any other meeting gets called off before the start.

Glad i didnt bother now, money saved and i can look forward to the football tomorrow, whenever the weather appears iffy i dont bother now, it has proven to be the right decsision every time so far this season.

I have been away from speedway for so long now, about 35 years since going to Belle Vue from the late fifties on well into the late seventies.

Really sad to read of all the disgruntlement from fans now. British speedway really must be in the doldrums. Sad, so sad.

There isn't an issue.

As for a refund, lol! Get a £12.50 refund and then pay £16.50 for the restaging, thick or what.

I cant imagine there were many of them there but not really vfm for the lakeside fans is it. £25 for 12 heats unless they want to trek 450 miles to watch a match of no interest to them

If EL speedway were an animal it would be put out of its misery

• Like 2