British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Melgrens Departure From Rye

The season goes from bad to worse. Woeful Rye House and woefully pathetic promotion. Should never have let the Frenchman go.

Wish well to Anders, a fit Melgren in the 2015 Rockets I hope.

Hope anders gets another team place

He doesn't want one. He's quit until next season.

Interviewed before the Ipswich meeting. Does this sound like a bloke who was about to quit a couple of hours later?

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Mellgren-leaves-Rye-House-Rockets/story-22762328-detail/story.html

Interviewed before the Ipswich meeting. Does this sound like a bloke who was about to quit a couple of hours later?

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Mellgren-leaves-Rye-House-Rockets/story-22762328-detail/story.html

Not sure. He didn't sound that enthusiastic and he was certainly as unhappy as the others with the track when they came round for the SRBF collection after heat 10.

What was so bad about the track? I don't recall ever seeing so many passes in a meeting at Rye. And I don't see why they bladed what little dirt there was off.

• Like 1

What was so bad about the track? I don't recall ever seeing so many passes in a meeting at Rye. And I don't see why they bladed what little dirt there was off.

Riders were saying it was patchy and unpredictable. Luke was very annoyed at his off.

I can understand luke not liking it, I don't think he made one good corner in any of his races, he was definitely struggling to hold any sort of line.

I felt the same with the quality riders seemingly enjoying themselves, those lesser riders didn't. A clue i think was Greenwood lifting in heat two coming out of the second bend getting some unexpected drive, happened again and down he came.

The season goes from bad to worse. Woeful Rye House and woefully pathetic promotion. Should never have let the Frenchman go.

Wish well to Anders, a fit Melgren in the 2015 Rockets I hope.

I hope so too as a fully committed Mellgren is a decent second heat leader. Sacking Tres was a decision revolving around his availability i would think, made all the worse by the fact the Promotion would have been aware of it and still signed him with the belief they could use RR which makes his signing a terrible one.

That said i think he gave his all and did ok. Seems like we lurched from one mistake to the next with a poor to average team made instantly worse by the loss of Nelson. The inclusion of Lambert was a mistake but he looked a much better rider as soon as he left us, his replacement Nielsen looked good until he came to us and there is obviously something badly wrong in the pits with what seems like a total absence of any spirit