British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
James Taplin

Coventry Vs Swidon 18/08/14

Buczkowski is carrying an injury, around a tiny track and will only get 4 rides. PK gets an r/r ride and will have heat 15 giving him 6 rides. Can't see PK losing that one.

Buczkowski is carrying an injury, around a tiny track and will only get 4 rides. PK gets an r/r ride and will have heat 15 giving him 6 rides. Can't see PK losing that one.

He wont be getting heat 15 if his recent performances are anything to go by. Even r/r is iffy. We'll see ! Buz has been flying lately .

He wont be getting heat 15 if his recent performances are anything to go by. Even r/r is iffy. We'll see ! Buz has been flying lately .

If he doesnt get heat 15 then Wolves are going to lose!

Could be on till midnight at this rate

Brilliant stuff from the Bees, Rossiter played a blinder, sick and tired of the woe is me attitude .

Great spectacle for the sport,crap track always has been again the sport is a loser if you were a first time watcher would Micky Mouse come to mind.?

Brilliant stuff from the Bees, Rossiter played a blinder, sick and tired of the woe is me attitude .

Love the way Chris Louis said he had seen worse and couldn't understand negativity of Swindon riders. They managed to ride it on tacticals.

Then we do know Rosco likes a good moan weather it's about tracks, refs or his best Rain before heat 10 :)

How can you exclude riders for being at the tapes. Track was pathetic but then again it has been all season at Coventry.

I don't care that we lost tonight as long as that horrible referee gets a ban for life.

I have not missed a Coventry bees/storm meeting and assure you the track has been good most of the season.

Wasn't great tonight but had days or rain and then stock cars. Bees riders managed some great racing on it esp Harris & Simon and North rode well. Louis didn't think it was that bad.

as a qualified football referee i would speak to both teams prior to kick off to make clear my aims and obejctives

do speedway refs do the same? If he said to both teams before tapes up that the 2 minute rule was going to be strictly adhered to and that start marshall instructions had to be obeyed first time without question last night would have gone a bit better. As would a few other nights!!

however the track was rotten

It was a shambles last night.In a day when we are all less patient, no speedway match should ever contain nerve-testing plots like that. I know it wasn't Brandon's fault, but are the authorities trying to kill off the last few fans in the stadium?

I would have put up with that match... but that was a long time back. Now I expect a slicker presentation, as we've had almost 100 years to perfect it.

As for attracting new fans. Perhaps we should put all efforts into retaining the few diehards first. New fans, probably younger ones, they would not put up with that sort of parade.

Indeed, we live in a split second society... these days, who could bother turning an LP onto side B; who could be arsed to rewind a cassette to play a particular song; who could jump from their armchair to turn over TV channels (when we had no remotes)?

We have been groomed to expect things... as of right NOW! We have lost the skill of waiting.

Speedway needs to be more slick. Even Kelvin and Nigel were red faced last night.

Imagine those poor few, who may have encouraged a friend to attend for the first time. It'd be like making a false move on your best mates mum at his 18th birthday.

Life can be so cruel..

• Like 1