British Speedway Forum
Speedwaycrazy

Coventry V Lakeside Friday / Lakeside V Coventry Saturday

I hope Stefan is okay after his crash, he tried really hard tonight.

Broken left arm :(

Broken left arm :(

oh no, thats terrible news :( Really feel for him as always gives 100% for storm and also bees when he guests and thats what he was doing tonight.

Gonna be a huge miss for Coventry storm as well. hope he has a speedy recovery.

there was a few ruts early on , turn 3 was shooting them a bit wide, but after a good grading the track was good,

think it was prepared grippy as the bees asked , problem was it was inconsistant grip , the wonder wheel evened it out ,

sarjeant is a relative novice yet he revelled in the grip, he also beat a heatleader in nilsson.

• Like 2

Thought the track was ok, I guess Watt is moaning cause he's not used to seeing some dirt.

It took a couple of races for track to settle then produced a smooth grippy surface

• Like 1

shock horror coventry after 40 years have a track advantage!

the whinging Aussies are getting tiresome, they know what they can do if they don't like it.

As for watt well his away form has been nothing short of disgraceful this season, but hey you crack on and blame the track

Perhaps watt sound take a ride on one of the tractors? he might get more points, four wheels a bit of stabilization going on!

this from a team whose track isnt even the right shape! but that doesnt count i suppose

• Like 5

still is didn,t see Richard Lawson away team 2nd string Jason Garrity home team res or James Sergeant home team 2nd res have too much trouble getting round it 12/pts 10 pd 14 pts and 13 pts respectively and Bomber Harris been in his sick bed all day runs a last in his first race then gets 11 pd 12 from his other 4 rides Hans ran a bad disinterested last in his first race then he also gets 10 pd 12 from his other 4 rides Kenneth Hansen hasn,t looked at ease in any meeting this year but still got 9 pd 10 the only rider who didn,t benefit was guest Stefan Nielsen who finished up with a trip to hospital not because of the track conditions though the front wheel of his bike collapsed in the third bend due to a loose front spindle Lakeside were very poor apart from the rider I mentioned at the top of my post and Dak North was good value as well

A question I would like answered if possible by someone in the know how can Davey Watt be introduced back into the team after he had been officially replaced by a guest (Danny King) I know he rode in place of Lewis Bridger but surely having been replaced he wasn,t eligible to ride ... Or is it one rule against Cov and special allowances for anyone against us

. FTM on one of other posts you was saying track prep needs to be a lot better at some tracks? Which tracks do you think?.......... Edited by tsc1

How on earth are Coventry allowed to run meetings. A lot of criticism from the riders again tonight and from what I witnessed on Monday night and at the start of the season I have to agree.

What on earth has happened it use to be a brilliant race track.

were you there or is it hearsay

Why did Watt come back? because he is selfish! if he does not ride he does not get paid, he came back so he could pick up his minimum guaranteed meeting wage which is no doubt a lot more than the measly points total he managed, never mind costing the club match points, or ripping the fans off, how much longer do we have to put up with this?

• Like 3

Why did Watt come back? because he is selfish! if he does not ride he does not get paid, he came back so he could pick up his minimum guaranteed meeting wage which is no doubt a lot more than the measly points total he managed, never mind costing the club match points, or ripping the fans off, how much longer do we have to put up with this?

you'll be putting up with watt year on year out until his average suits pooles plans !!! then he'll back there like a shot

• Like 2

only riders moaning about the track are the ones that didn't score. track could have been perfect and still watt would have moaned. Morley was against stronger reserves tonight so was always going to struggle a bit. After all this moaning, I am expecting Watt to top score tomorrow then if the track was his only problem.

Are Bridger and Adam back tomorrow?

Can someone answer this one as soon as possible, please? If Bridger and/or Ellis are missing expect Bees to pick up all four points. Fantastic performance by Bees particularly the reserves. Again showed up the vast differences in reserve strength though and fast track must be scrapped in favour of minimum no.of English riders per team next year. Also what a superb job by Havvy this year. Motivation wise and all the tactical moves esp. on a night like last night. Hands up got that one wrong - good move by Horton to retain him.

Edited by tiberon
  • Like 2

Davey Watt has obviously been hanging round Batchelor too much an turned into a whinging Aussie tw@t same as Batchelor on Monday. Get on with it same as the rest and stop bloody moaning. Anyway another cracking result from Coventr, well done, got to admit I didn't expect that. Superb performance with 5 riders an great to see sarj bang in a biggie. Keep it up at lakeside tonight even though they will obviously be a lot stronger at home with the biggest home track advantage in the league. Bet they won't be whinging tonight. Moaning gits.

• Like 3

Well what can I say went as a neutral truly awful meeting not a single pass other than when a real bad mistake was made ...won't be going back in a hurry

It wasn't a classic, but you can only beat what's in front of you. Lakeside were really poor in the second half of the meeting and Bees put in a workmanlike performance despite most of them carrying injuries and generally not being at 100% fitness.

A really good 3 points for Bees.

really enjoyed this meeting and have to say I was a bit worried that we would lose tonight once I knew we would have no facility for MJJ and no guest for Howarth, but I should have known better

Once again the bees dug deep and gave a all round team performance with everybody getting in the points.

You could see that Hansen and esp Garrity were in pain in the pits but they fought hard on the track and that means a lot.

The rider tonight that really impressed me though was Sarjeant who really stepped up and took the Pressure off Garrity. He is getting better every week which is great to see.

I hope Stefan is okay after his crash, he tried really hard tonight.

For the hammers I was very impressed with Lawson who looked very fast and rode more like a number 1. Watt was very off the pace and looks a big worry away from home if lakeside do make the play offs. North was a good choice of guest.

Well done to the depleted bees on another fighting team effort, looking very strong.

3 totally different stories on last night's meeting..

Did they play the theme tune to the Good, the Bad and the Ugly last night.. :D

Looking at the updates last night, after heat 1 -- track grading.....think that says it all really.

• Like 1

Lakeside are not that bad, maybe a bit inconsistent, Bridger could score 4 or 10, Lawson will get about 8, Nillson could be 3 or 8,Ellis should get 5 ish, Morley maybe 2or 3...and the guests Danny King could get 8 or 9 and Dakota I don't expect him to repeat Mondays performance as he is riding in a heat leader berth.....Bridger is the key, if he scores 4 we are in trouble, if he gets 8 we could grab a point....any more it will be happy days...if you come from London :lol:

Well I went last night, it took 3.5 hours to get there (M1 shut so went cross country to M40)

Summary,

Lawson was great, unbeaten until the last race, Dakota did very well and tried hard, as did Danny King to a lesser extent.

Perry had a good go and Morley found it difficult against the home reserves who know the fast way around Brandon.

Now my gripe, Kim Nilsson wasn't interested....but the biggest let down was Davy poodling around at the back, if he didn't feel fit after a couple of rides why didn't Vatcher bring Lawson or Dakota in as R/R....or am I missing something.

Does he have to ride/poodle round for four races to get paid.

If he rides tonight, a loss is probably nailed on!

• Like 2