Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Speedwaycrazy

Coventry V Lakeside Friday / Lakeside V Coventry Saturday

But some of the tweets he has been receiving are quite ridiculous. Good on you Gemini :t:.

Think it hasn't helped though Gater1 that Davey has also been quite rude and abusive to fans.

The lakeside fans esp deserve a bit more respect

No excuses Coventry were the better team ,,The track however was not like it normally is including the starting gate so i presume set ups were wrong...There was some improvement towards the end as the track returned to normal And Nillsen and Schlien apart the team was poor tonight and Cookie was not well pleased .Coventry attacked the track with some lightning gating and got what they deserved a great win

• Like 4

No excuses Coventry were the better team ,,The track however was not like it normally is including the starting gate so i presume set ups were wrong...There was some improvement towards the end as the track returned to normal And Nillsen and Schlien apart the team was poor tonight and Cookie was not well pleased .Coventry attacked the track with some lightning gating and got what they deserved a great win

Agree 100%.

I'm sure I heard Jon Cook say that Bech has now cried off for Swindon on Monday, and that seemed to be the final straw for him.

The Hammers let their fans down badly this week and changes may well be made, but alas too late to save the season.

Take nothing away from the Bees though, they wanted it more tonight and deserved their 4 points. I'd be worried about them if I were Poole or Kings Lynn.

I'm sure I heard Jon Cook say that Bech has now cried off for Swindon on Monday, and that seemed to be the final straw for him.

You probably did hear that, but the facts are Mikkel got injured riding for Denmark in the U21 SWC Final and has pulled out of his Polish League meeting on Sunday and his Elite League meeting on Monday.

Ah well if the lad is genuinely injured then of course sympathy is due. I hope it's nothing serious and he gets well soon. I don't think any facts are going to change Cookie's opinion on signing riders with a lot of international commitments in future though.

I don't think any facts are going to change Cookie's opinion on signing riders with a lot of international commitments in future though.

The irony of that is Cook complains about riders putting international appearances before Lakeside meetings, but he gives an open hand to Adam Ellis and Ben Morley to choose between their PL team and the Hammers. Hypocrisy from the top drawer.....and he is condoning the fans being cheated when Ellis/Morley choose Ipswich/Kent !!!

• Like 1

It rained pretty heavily about an hour before the start but aside from the first couple of heats there was nothing wrong with the track at all, Nilsson showing it was possible to pass. Bees were very impressive indeed and Will prove a real handful in the play offs. Watt aside, i thought the Lakeside boys tried hard but were simply outclassed on the night.

I thought Jon Cook's comments were very honest - credit to the bees but we weren't good enough. Even if Bech's is playing absolutely straight, you can see why Lakeside might want someone else.r

So Jon Cook has fallen out with yet another rider! a rider that he choose to bring to Lakeside knowing the full well the issues of having riders of that age and caliber can bring.

What an excellent idea, get rid if the only youngster we have that has any real promise!

Cook is nothing but an egotistical jerk, its always all about him! the sooner Stuart Douglas wakes up and realize what the guy is doing to his club the better.

PLEASE SAVE US STUART

• Like 2

So Jon Cook has fallen out with yet another rider! a rider that he choose to bring to Lakeside knowing the full well the issues of having riders of that age and caliber can bring.

What an excellent idea, get rid if the only youngster we have that has any real promise!

Cook is nothing but an egotistical jerk, its always all about him! the sooner Stuart Douglas wakes up and realize what the guy is doing to his club the better.

PLEASE SAVE US STUART

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried in terms of your vitriolic personal attack on a person who, amongst others, has worked his wotsits off for the club this year.

This personal attack of yours is indicative of what is posted on the BSF and certain other speedway forums nowadays unlike back in 2003 when you and I joined it. I find it sad that you have apparently jumped on the growing bandwagon of seemingly slagging off everything! :(

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 5

To be fair to Cook to many foreign riders show a lack of commitment to their British teams And excuses seem to be easy when they are not in the country ..Bech is a huge talent and Cook has not said he would not use him next season.. Giving Danny King a short run out in the team to see how he goes makes sense if it works he will be a good asset,, and British

• Like 1

To be fair to Cook to many foreign riders show a lack of commitment to their British teams And excuses seem to be easy when they are not in the country ..Bech is a huge talent and Cook has not said he would not use him next season.. Giving Danny King a short run out in the team to see how he goes makes sense if it works he will be a good asset,, and British

I just hope that if Bech is dropped then it's on good terms and we do see him next year!

I just hope that if Bech is dropped then it's on good terms and we do see him next year!

Didn't sound too chuffed on Twitter last night :wink:

• Like 1

Didn't sound too chuffed on Twitter last night :wink:

Just saw that! I can understand Jon's frustration, and I suspect that the fact he is also due to be missing for our visit to Eastbourne as he wants a night off before the FIM World League meeting might have been what has prompted this.

He's an incredible talent and I don't think anyone can question his commitment when he has been riding for us - I think it's just how often he's been missing. There has often been good reasons for it and Jon has always made it clear that he understood the risks associated with taking on such an emerging talent, but I think the injuries have come at particularly important parts of the season and made it all the more frustrating.

I'm on the fence with whether this is the right call or not as I do want to see the same team week in week out, but at the same time I would be incredibly disappointed to not see Bech in our team next year. I hope that Jon has dealt with the situation with enough tact and hasn't jeapordised Bech's future with the club.

Edited by Mjolnir

In Cooks defence he said a "permanent guest" so it could be to replace Bech while he's injured. Then who knows?