British Speedway Forum
markyb

Coventry Vs Kings Lynn now Sept 4th - Empty Stadium ?

Ignore me, got the Friday's mixed up!

Lol, this Friday is Coventry Storm double header

Massive massive own goal by everyone here.

Thursday will be a reduced crowd and to have no Garrity, Howarth and NO Facility for Hansen is pure madness.

Edited by Bees_Man
  • Like 3

Thursday will be a reduced crowd and to have no Garrity, Howarth and NO Facility for Hansen is pure madness.

Completely agree. Only thing I can think is that Horton has seemed advise from somebody within the club who was thinking with their football hat on.

Really hope respect is shown to the bees fans and this is rectified.

Not if it means Coventry potentially fit in one or two of their outstanding meetings on the Friday. My theory as posted on the other thread especially the bit in bold

Posted Today, 07:44 AM

I have a couple of theories. Both concern Coventry's problem of fitting all the home meetings in.

1 Lynn have been moved to the Thursday, if it is rained off they do it all again on the Friday.

2 If you read the Lakeside site re the rearranged meeting with Swindon, it appears the BSPA have changed the rules. This means if any Coventry meeting is rained off it can be put in on the next free regular race night. Sept 5th is now a free regular race night. So any outstanding home meetings could potentially be on the 5th and the visitors have no choice but to attend. Potentially even a double header. Lakeside site also says facilities will be granted if this happens.

I would suggest Coventry are on paper less likely to take points from Lynn than other clubs they still have to face so thse extra meetings could be crucial and a smaller crowd on the Thursday is a necessary evil.

If either of those theories are correct, it seems a sensible move by Coventry and nice co-operation by Lynn.

How's that for a conspiracy theory this early in the morning :D:P:wink:

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

Not if it means Coventry potentially fit in one or two of their outstanding meetings on the Friday. My theory as posted on the other thread especially the bit in bold

Posted Today, 07:44 AM

I have a couple of theories. Both concern Coventry's problem of fitting all the home meetings in.

1 Lynn have been moved to the Thursday, if it is rained off they do it all again on the Friday.

2 If you read the Lakeside site re the rearranged meeting with Swindon, it appears the BSPA have changed the rules. This means if any Coventry meeting is rained off it can be put in on the next free regular race night. Sept 5th is now a free regular race night. So any outstanding home meetings could potentially be on the 5th and the visitors have no choice but to attend. Potentially even a double header. Lakeside site also says facilities will be granted if this happens.

I would suggest Coventry are on paper less likely to take points from Lynn than other clubs they still have to face so thse extra meetings could be crucial and a smaller crowd on the Thursday is a necessary evil.

If either of those theories are correct, it seems a sensible move by Coventry and nice co-operation by Lynn.

How's that for a conspiracy theory this early in the morning :D:P:wink:

That's not the case as they will not run a meeting at home on the 4th & 5th. That would mean even lower crowds.

That's not the case as they will not run a meeting at home on the 4th & 5th. That would mean even lower crowds.

But they have to fit the fixtures in to get the points surely? This is one way of doing it and if they get to the play-offs surely the pay night then would compensate?

No idea but really but I cannot believe it's been changed just because of the football.

But they have to fit the fixtures in to get the points surely? This is one way of doing it and if they get to the play-offs surely the pay night then would compensate?

No idea but really but I cannot believe it's been changed just because of the football.

That's the point being made, it's madness.

It has been changed because Horton is worried about losing money on the Friday due to some fans going to football.

There will be no fixture on the 5th full stop.

However Running a meeting on a school night, with a hugely depleted team, night before football against a team with far to travel will surely lead to much smaller crowds than if it had stayed on the Friday.

Huge huge mistake

• Like 2

We don't "need" all these fixtures, the Lakeside away win has taken them out of the running plus it gave us 4 points so we're relatively safe now. But giving Lynn a beating and a half would have been nice from a psycholoical point of view before the play-offs. We've won at Poole, won at Swindon (and beat them quite easily at home recently). if you lose at home to kings Lynn 2 weeks before the play-offs they're going to turn up knowing they can win next time.

For me, it makes no sense. Far more negatives than positives.

What the hell !!!! Is this for real ????? we are booked in to come to Coventry on the 5th on our way on our hols !!!!! Hotel booked !!!

What the hell !!!! Is this for real ????? we are booked in to come to Coventry on the 5th on our way on our hols !!!!! Hotel booked !!!

Sadly yes.

Your reaction seems to be the general reaction of many on twitter, Facebook & word of mouth.

It's ironic that by assuming some fans may miss the fixture on the Friday night, they are actually making sure they loss alot of home & away fans in the Thur (plus weakening the team)

There is no facility for Danish Speedway full stop regardless unless a rider is injured or participating in a recognised FIM event.

As this is a re-arranged fixture than a facility is available. See teams that were declared for Coventry v Eastbourne. Facilities for MJJ and Bjarne Pedersen were given.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about dropping points because of a weakened team on Thursday. Next Monday you'll get 4 points at Kirky Lane. With Stefan Nielsen injured and no adequate replacement you reserves will run riot.

Our only hope is that Jason Attwood has perfected his Matt Ford impression so that it's good enough to fool Phil Morris when he phones him and asks him to put Stefan at the top of the Fast Track Draft List for September. 😂

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

I wouldn't worry about dropping points because of a weakened team on Thursday. Next Monday you'll get 4 points at Kirky Lane. With Stefan Nielsen injured and no adequate replacement you reserves will run riot.

Our only hope is that Jason Attwood has perfected his Matt Ford impression so that it's good enough to fool Phil Morris when he phones him and asks him to put Stefan at the top of the Fast Track Draft List for September.

haha that did make me chuckle.

Do we know yet if it is a single meeting or double header? (also have u checked if any football the same night :) )

Gutted that Stefan is injured, gonna miss him at weekend for our Storm double header as well.

you have the lovely scott nicholls though, plus Zagar who goes good plus Cook is looking sharper so anything could happen (lets pray for no more rain) x

I see you have rain forecast for Thursday morning in Coventry, so it would be ironic if it then got put back to Friday. :o Hope not, but you never know. :lol: Regards. Alan.