British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tsunami

Newcastle Diamonds V Glasgow Tigers Pl - Mon 25th Aug, 2014 @ 6.30pm

Return tie of our near miss on Sunday at Glasgow.

Teams will probably be the same as at Glasgow with DEEK in at 7, but there will need to be decisions made for Neilsen and Rose for the Diamonds. From reports it seems likely to be RR for Rose, with him having a knee injury. Don't know anything about Simon, but if Mills bikes were so bad yesterday, we are going to need Simon to be on form and beat DEEK again at our place. I gather it is not a Bank Holiday in Scotland, so I suppose we won't be seeing the usual posse of Tiger fans including Paulco. For those that do travel, the weather is fine with no rain and a top temp of 16 degrees. In view of Saturday's result I would be very concerned, but can't see Deek getting a Bunyan score tomorrow.

Will be close, but I would like to think we will get three points. Too many variable scores from Tigers Wolbert, Pijper, Harrison, the Swede, and Lykke, to be certain of any result really.

NB Forgot to mention. It's incredible that with the last couple of results, Glasgow are in with a shout, along with us and Worky, for the remaining 6th position for inclusion in the Play Offs.

Edited by Tsunami

Paulco was absent today. :o

Never !!!! Was it a lock in somewhere.

Return tie of our near miss on Sunday at Glasgow.

Teams will probably be the same as at Glasgow with DEEK in at 7, but there will need to be decisions made for Neilsen and Rose for the Diamonds. From reports it seems likely to be RR for Rose, with him having a knee injury. Don't know anything about Simon, but if Mills bikes were so bad yesterday, we are going to need Simon to be on form and beat DEEK again at our place. I gather it is not a Bank Holiday in Scotland, so I suppose we won't be seeing the usual posse of Tiger fans including Paulco. For those that do travel, the weather is fine with no rain and a top temp of 16 degrees. In view of Saturday's result I would be very concerned, but can't see Deek getting a Bunyan score tomorrow.

Will be close, but I would like to think we will get three points. Too many variable scores from Tigers Wolbert, Pijper, Harrison, the Swede, and Lykke, to be certain of any result really.

NB Forgot to mention. It's incredible that with the last couple of results, Glasgow are in with a shout, along with us and Worky, for the remaining 6th position for inclusion in the Play Offs.

Simon put on Facebook last night that he is "clear to ride," today.

Don't know about Lewis R though.

That makes a big difference. Rose is a key man and r/r for him is pretty weak even if both reserves are in place. Had Nielsen been missing and Mills hamstrung with machine problems you would have been in the mire.

After yesterday's struggle for the win, I think the diamonds will romp this, but I thought the same at Workington :o .... Can't see Victor getting many points, depends which Kevin turns up and if our guys can get out of the gate, will be watching the updates with interest, would love to be there but not a holiday up here

That makes a big difference. Rose is a key man and r/r for him is pretty weak even if both reserves are in place. Had Nielsen been missing and Mills hamstrung with machine problems you would have been in the mire.

More (kind of!) here: http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100313

Point of information: In keeping with the nature of Sundays in general, Millsy's engine was somewhat holy after yesterday's meeting looking at the piccy he tweeted earlier! ;) Ever a trooper though, I see he's riding tonight

Point of information: In keeping with the nature of Sundays in general, Millsy's engine was somewhat holy after yesterday's meeting looking at the piccy he tweeted earlier! ;) Ever a trooper though, I see he's riding tonight

A collection was made on behalf of Millsy tonight.

• Like 1

A bit easy that one. Was always likely to be if Rusty didn't show up. He didn't.

• Like 1

As you say, an easy one with not too much spirited resistance. Can see what concerns Tiger fans have for their new number 1. Impressive in one race, but anonymous in the others. My one time favourite visitor Wolbert, he of the false average, was up for it after his first ride, it's just a pity that a talent like him can't be on song all of the time.

The loss of Rose was going to be a problem, but Mills came to the rescue and needed too when he also had to cover for Simon when his shoulder dislocated, but was put back in shortly afterwards. Hope Mills collection helped him with his engine blow. Great to see Ludde on the gas, making great gates and fast as anything. His riding with Danny was a joy to watch, with full on match races with both riders very comfortable with each other. Another max for Kerr and the usually from Robbo. It could have been tight with a top team, but Mills early rides got the early points, and the meeting as a contest was soon over.

Track back to it's best last night, with the utility vehicle and it's new diff fitted, so no complaints from anyone.

No meeting next week, but our next meeting on Sunday 7th Sept against Peterborough for a splendid £8.50 in celebration of speedway at Brough for 85 years.

Looking like the last Play Off place is going to be between us and Redcar, but the loss of Rose with knee ligament injuries is a blow to our future chances. Goes for MRI scans today, so the full extent of his injuries, and the consequences, will soon be known. He looked uncomfortable in the pits last night on his crutches. Sums up our season unfortunately.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

Good result :) But I hope Nielsen is ok :(

Can someone tell me how each rider got on? :)