British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dump that clutch

Kings Lynn V Swindon - 27-08-2014 @ 19:30

If we make it and assuming Coventry do as well then it could be the most evenly matched top 4 in years. Normally the winners of the 2 semi's are easy to predict but not this year. Shame we will prob end up with our bogey team from Dorset!

• Like 1

As Rory crashed at the beginning of lap 3 that would have meant Kildeman pushing round for over 2 laps which he could not have done without North lapping him.

As I understand it races that are awarded in the order the ref thinks they would have finished so Kildemann would have been excluded anyway for being lapped.

According to the updates , Kildemand hadn't stopped, he was still under power and finished the race , so that blows that theory out the window.

From Updates: Bjerre excluded under 2 minutes. Bike conked out just before the start. Kerr in as replacement. Oh dear! Kerr on pace ar start but engine failure down back straight allowing Kildemand into third. On lap 2 Kildemand loses power and looks like he was going to have to coast round for the rest of the race. But Schleins bike goes pop entering first bend of third lap whilst leading. Sounded like a chain. Schlein fell but is up and seems ok. Kildemand excluded for not racing! little harsh on Kildemand as he wasnt going any slower than Porsing was at the end of an earlier race. Awarded 0-3 with North as the only finisher.

Think Swindon will be awarded the win here? Looks like the ref's applied a rule that no longer exists.

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/13810/kings-lynn-swindon-27-30pm#ixzz3BdCN22n7

I don't believe that Kildemand had engine problems he proved that in heat 13 when he did the same again and pulled off the track but there didn't appear to be a problem with the bike when he was doing practice starts on the concrete. He didn't look interested which was a shame.

Hope Rory's shoulder isn't to bad - it's a shame after all the time and effort that he had put into removing the beard that a trip to hospital stopped it from happening!

I don't believe that Kildemand had engine problems he proved that in heat 13 when he did the same again and pulled off the track but there didn't appear to be a problem with the bike when he was doing practice starts on the concrete. He didn't look interested which was a shame.

Hope Rory's shoulder isn't to bad - it's a shame after all the time and effort that he had put into removing the beard that a trip to hospital stopped it from happening!

So he didn't have engine problems but rather than speed up and get paid for a win he carries on coasting round so he can get excluded! Good thinking Batman :P

• Like 1

First I hope Rory isn't badly injured as we need our captain and I guess 2 league points is better than nothing to me it felt like a loss - but this team is so out of form compared to earlier in the season it's unreal . Play on present form we won't get past the semis that's for sure - I'd guess we will make a switch Simon Lambert for Lewis Rose because of Lewis injury but I can't help thinking maybe we need one other change ,

• Like 1

So he didn't have engine problems but rather than speed up and get paid for a win he carries on coasting round so he can get excluded! Good thinking Batman :P

Can only say it as I saw it he did exactly the same in heat 13 but was able to do practice starts - can you do that if you have had an engine failure?! If so would love to know how. As a fan of neither team he just didn't look like he wanted to be on track, also if the red lights are on why would he speed up?!

Edited by Debbi

First I hope Rory isn't badly injured as we need our captain and I guess 2 league points is better than nothing to me it felt like a loss - but this team is so out of form compared to earlier in the season it's unreal . Play on present form we won't get past the semis that's for sure - I'd guess we will make a switch Simon Lambert for Lewis Rose because of Lewis injury but I can't help thinking maybe we need one other change ,

Porsing is the obvious one, bang out of form at the wrong time. His average was 5.49 in tonight's programme, not sure if that's correct or who could be fitted in under that.

• Like 1

Porsing is the obvious one, bang out of form at the wrong time. His average was 5.49 in tonight's programme, not sure if that's correct or who could be fitted in under that.

I agree - he is bang out of form he beat the two Robins reserves and Rory tonight if the averages fit I'd try Lebidevs as long as he brings his top notch bikes - I,m sorry for Porsing but if we are going to win anything we need to make this change if numbers fit .

Don't matter. Difference is Darcy wasn't injured. Kildemand also had 2 Retirements and a last place.

Darcy had a last place too, difference is rosco wasnt stupid enough to put him in heat 15
  • Like 2

I'd even look at using a double up rider and think about the home meetings as priority and with that, I'd go with Olly Allen. Couldn't do any worse if you ask me.

• Like 1

Would be harsh on Porsing but I'm not convinced he has his best kit over here and the World U21 rounds would seem to be his priority right now. Sometimes one signing can provide the spark to ignite a teams season again so maybe it's time to take a chance as I think as things currently stand we will fall some way short in the PO's.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

But PK effectively had 3. I just think Poole had to take the chance with Darcy. No manager likes putting guest riders in Heat 15.

Injury prone but Olly is in great form at the moment.

You put the best two riders of the night whoever that is, tonight morris was unlucky not to be in heat 15 tonight is he is a better rider than north and his race times were faster.

Olly Allen is not the answer, he may be going well in the pl but porsing is better and will come good.

Big disappointment for me tonight, For the first time this season, I have to say, I don't think we are good enough to win the league. Although we have suffered a string of injuries throughout the season, I always felt come Play-offs we would have everyone fit, and chomping at the bit. But unfortunate its all drifted away. The injuries have taken their toll and some of the riders are not producing the goods any more..

The form of Dakota North and Nick Morris tonight really hit home just how weak we are in those positions, they blow our 2nd strings away. Both Porsing and Lambert performances have declined rather than improve. I've always rated Lambert, and felt he was capable of upping his average with ease. but as the season draws on, he seems little better than the person I saw last year scoring 21 pts against Stoke. in the NL. His gating is his Achilles heel. If he can't get that sorted he might as well forget it. You cant expect to score points when he continues to miss the gate. I cant remember the last race he won.......

Porsing also blows hot and cold. In May I thought he had cracked it, his scores were on the up and was winning races at each meeting. But that seems along while ago. Again when did he last win a race. Our Heatleader and FTR are ok and will be there or thereabouts but it is the second strings where we are so weak, and for that reason, any thought of league success has tonight evaporated.

I wouldl never advocate to drop riders and buy new ones just for success. so I would rather except now, we have given it our best shot, but it wasn't good enough..

• Like 1