British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dump that clutch

Kings Lynn V Swindon - 27-08-2014 @ 19:30

But like you say, probably, I expected too much.........

So basically the problem is yours not Lamberts :wink::cheers:

by the sounds of it,it looks like we are appealing the score line on Wednesday.... due to an inept ref again...

I wonder why it's only Swindon that seem to have problems with referees :P

Edited by Star Lady

by the sounds of it,it looks like we are appealing the score line on Wednesday.... due to an inept ref again...

On what basis? Don't think the regs permit an appeal after the event. [see reg 15.10 and 3.4.3©]

Is this just Violet Elizabeth Bott Rossiter threatening to thcream and thcream until he is thick?

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 2

Don't really see ref had much alternative in heat 11. If PK was gonna tootle round to finish the race, Dakota North would have had to slow down so as not to lap him, then ref could exclude both for not making a bonafide attempt to race....so actually reckon he should have awarded it 0-0...Swindon can think them selves lucky they got awarded 3 points.....

• Like 1

I haven't seen much of Lambert, but in the matches I have seen I've barely noticed him.

In the matches i have seen him in (2 at Wolves as well) he has been simply breathtaking.

He rode Wolves like he had ridden it for years.

One of the most exciting visiting riders to Monmore this season.

So basically the problem is yours not Lamberts :wink::cheers:

I have no problem love, just an opinion.

No Harris is better than what the fans rate him in my opinion.

The bottom line though is that he can't gate. Hopefully Robert will, through practice, advice snd experience, learn to do so over the next couple of years. Its absolutely vital if you want to get anywhere near the top.

• Like 1

Don't really see ref had much alternative in heat 11. If PK was gonna tootle round to finish the race, Dakota North would have had to slow down so as not to lap him, then ref could exclude both for not making a bonafide attempt to race....so actually reckon he should have awarded it 0-0...Swindon can think them selves lucky they got awarded 3 points.....

So when a rider slows to let through his team mate wearing black & white is he racing or not?

And when a rider has an engine problem (or clutch, like Peter) & nurses or pushes his bike home for a point is he racing or not?

• Like 3

So when a rider slows to let through his team mate wearing black & white is he racing or not?

And when a rider has an engine problem (or clutch, like Peter) & nurses or pushes his bike home for a point is he racing or not?

I've heard it said, The reason the Ref didn't award a place to Kildemand, was that when slowly moving round the track, both his wheels crossed the inner line. Right or wrong I don't know..

But I don't agree with the comment of Swindon's bad luck, Hadn't it had been for luck, they would have been on the back of a 5-1, making them then 8pts down after heat 11.. Looking through the programme, I had that race down as a cert win for Kenneth and possibly a second for Rory. But THREE engine failures later, the Robins fortunately gained a 3-0 advantage. So as for any luck concerned, I thought Swindon had it all. In the end, that race had such a massive input as to the reason why Swindon acquired a point in the overall score. Probably, if we hadn't had those E/F's Swindon would have gone home empty handed....

But the race in question was stopped, and when it was stopped, PK was not racing.

But the race in question was stopped, and when it was stopped, PK was not racing.

A rider that slows down to allow his fellow rider to overtake him to gain the extra points is not racing & therefore should be excluded then! PK had clutch problems & was trying to finish the race, when the race was stopped due to a Kings Lynn faller, as many riders before him have done, that's the first one I have heard of being excluded. I agree that there is no case of appeal, mores the pity as it affects the whole outcome of the meeting.

I remember the first time I saw Tai I knew that Tai was the real deal. I don't know what it was but I just had that feeling that Tai was GB's future.

With Robert and all the hype I really haven't seen any signs of a future GP rider. Robert is good don't get me wrong but I just don't see what all the massive hype is about. Tbh I just feel that if Robert was to progress as the future GP rider that some are saying then Robert really ought to be winning those second string races but Robert is not. Obviously I don't expect Robert to beat Heat Leaders.

When you look back Tai would be winning those second string races whilst Robert is not and that's why I see Robert as another good British rider but nothing more.

However that is just my opinion but lets be honest how many GB riders have heard 'This is the next one' and it has not happened.

i am quite astounded by what you actually watch and how you have this different opinion on almost evry topic you debate.

At the same age Lambert is possibly ahead of Tai.

He is defiantly ahead of where Loram was at the same age.

he possibly may be no more than a good international rider.

he may become world champion.

I cant recall how many Brits called ' the next big thing' i have heard of. I was born in 1976 and in my lifetime only Havvy (world champ) Ben Howe maybe Scott Nicholls and Tai (world champ) have been called that. Not even sure Loram for all his ability was labelled as a future world champion.

Robert Lambert has the ability and skill to have a great career. Its in his hands.

• Like 1

A rider that slows down to allow his fellow rider to overtake him to gain the extra points is not racing & therefore should be excluded then! PK had clutch problems & was trying to finish the race, when the race was stopped due to a Kings Lynn faller, as many riders before him have done, that's the first one I have heard of being excluded. I agree that there is no case of appeal, mores the pity as it affects the whole outcome of the meeting.

That's completely different, letting a teammate passed in a tactical scenario is more akin to team riding. Don't be so ridiculous.

PK was not racing, he would not have made it to the end of the race without Dak lapping him.

Besides, any protest should have been made on the night before the next race started.

Besides, any protest should have been made on the night before the next race started.

And presumably a protest fee paid. Used to be £250 in the days Buster got wound up about things :lol:

Edited by Star Lady

That's completely different, letting a teammate passed in a tactical scenario is more akin to team riding. Don't be so ridiculous.

PK was not racing, he would not have made it to the end of the race without Dak lapping him.

PK was "racing" at the speed he was, because, in my opinion, he simply didn't need to go any faster. Kerr had already EF'd, and the other 2 were long gone. He already had third in the bag, so there was no need for him to go any quicker.

If the situation arose that he needed to up a gear, I'm pretty confident that he could've done so.

I've seen it tons of times before. The guy in third has an issue, doesn't go at full speed to avoid any further serious issues, looks back, sees the others are getting a bit closer, so goes a bit quicker to avoid getting lapped, achieves it, and is given third.

Would be interesting to see a video of that heat again though. It may be a case of memories playing tricks on me, but my gut feeling is that it should've been a 5-0 and that Kildemand wouldn't have been lapped.

As for Swindon appealing the scoreline, words fail me.

As I've been told, The race starts, Rory leads followed by North, Kildemand then Kerr. Kerr packs up 1st lap, Shortly afterwards Kildemand slows down and almost stops with the intention to turn into the centre. realising Kerr had stopped , Kildemand then resumes the race some distance adrift. but having crossed the inner line with both wheels he was excluded from that point of the race. It was only later, when the race was stopped there was then only 2 riders in the race. Rory is excluded as the cause of the stoppage, hence North awarded the 3 pts.