Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dump that clutch

Kings Lynn V Swindon - 27-08-2014 @ 19:30

Would be harsh on Porsing but I'm not convinced he has his best kit over here and the World U21 rounds would seem to be his priority right now. Sometimes one signing can provide the spark to ignite a teams season again so maybe it's time to take a chance as I think as things currently stand we will fall some way short in the PO's.

Wouldn't be too happy replacing anybody tbh - except for injury ofc in Rose's case - would rather see the season out with the team we started with and if we don't win the play-offs, well ok - we don't win the play-offs. Porsing has just returned from injury remember and whilst I agree he didn't look as competitive tonight, its not necessarily that he hasn't got his best bikes here - and even if you're right, Rob Lyon will surely make sure he has for the play-offs?

As for tonights meeting, Lynn deserved the 2pts and Swindon deserved their 1pt - hopefully the result won't be changed by any protests to the SCB about Kildemand's (admittedly strange) exclusion in ht11.

I can only guess that the ref assumed he'd have been lapped anyway by the end of the race if it had continued, so awarded it without him. The alternate would've been excluding North for 'not racing' by slowing down to make sure he didn't lap him! Controversial decision yes, but a sensible one IMO (but then I'm not the SCB - if it gets that far).

Would be somewhat unjust anyway as Lynn had thrown away enough points in that heat anyway 1st with Bjerre's pre-start engine failure 2nd with Kerr's engine failure when almost second behind Schlein & 3rd Rory's disastrous engine failure and fall on lap3!

Otherwise, Lynn were good but not very good:

NKI 8 (did his usual job)

RL 7 (impressive performance - maybe would've got more pts at no4)

RS 5 (hadn't done a lot but looked to have sorted by ht11 - but no!)

NP 4 (below average but due to injury or bike - who knows?)

KB 8 (very impressive - seems to have finally re-found his form/confidence)

LK 8 (very good up till his EF - guessing still problems in his last ride or second bike?)

SL 6 (not an adequate replacement for Rose but tried well)

Swindon

PK 2 (bike probs 2nd race but didn't look happy at all in others)

NM 8 (gated well and beat all the riders he should have beat)

SG 2 (one good gate was all)

DN 8 (like NM but did well to keep NKI in 3rd though was beaten by RS before his EF)

TB 8 (did his job and very fast)

SW 5 (none of his trademark gates tonight but did well enough)

NG 1 (competitive one race only)

My opinion - take it or leave it :P

I agree - he is bang out of form he beat the two Robins reserves and Rory tonight if the averages fit I'd try Lebidevs as long as he brings his top notch bikes - I,m sorry for Porsing but if we are going to win anything we need to make this change if numbers fit .

I actually said pretty much the same to Gordy tonight. It's the obvious change if any is to be made.

I'm fundamentally against team changes. Think it's morally wrong and unjust especially when a rider has increased his average quite substantially, but the King's Lynn side I have seen recently are not going to win the Play-Offs. In fact, if they hadn't had an excellent start to the season, they may have been struggling to even qualify for them! They just don't look like a league winning them, or remotely close to it.

Something has to change if they are serious about winning the title, whether it be a change of personnel, new engine for certain rider(s), etc etc.

On the plus side, Bjerre seems to be getting back to near his best. Iversen won me some money (thanks!), Bobby Lambert got well and truly stuck in and Kerr is scoring well again. Simon Lambert also did well enough.

Schlein has a certain degree of Allottness about him. F*cking quick enough when he's in the mood, but easily bullied into shutting off. Went from basically 1st to third in half a lap just because he shut off when Batchelor got close, which meant he carried little momentum into next couple of bends and Kildemand passed him easily enough out of next bend.

A slightly frustrating rider. Hopefully his shoulder injury is not a serious one.

For me, he's the key rider for KL. He can get anything between 2 or 12!

I'm sure Rosco and co will be most annoyed about the ref, but to grab a point at the league leaders when your #1 scores only a couple of points is quite an achievement.

I don't believe that Kildemand was unfit - he seemed to be suffering from clutch problems throughout the meeting, from parade to the end. Personally think that's why he slowed up in the infamous heat 11 to save doing any further damage to his clutch, which clearly backfired. Bit of a inane decision by the ref, but I guess with all of the King's Lynn's bad luck in that heat (did the KL mechanics go on strike during the interval??), the ref took it upon herself to even it up somewhat!

Morris and North both immensly impressive, and if they can both carry that sort of form into the Play-Offs, they could be serious contenders.

I'm genuinely excited about the Play-Offs this year - assuming Swindon and Coventry make it, I really don't think there's a great deal between the top 4 after all. Exciting times ahead!

I'm genuinely excited about the Play-Offs this year - assuming Swindon and Coventry make it, I really don't think there's a great deal between the top 4 after all. Exciting times ahead!

Who needs play-offs for excitement lol? :wink: We have a genuinely close and tense finish to the league this year! Any one of Lynn, Poole + Coventry could finish top with all 3 teams still to meet each other. I'd much rather see the league finish with ALL fixtures completed and DESERVED league champs at the end :t:

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 4

The main thing is KL won the meeting. They all rode well . Don't forget Simon is riding in a specially made hand brace having broken his left hand in 3 places just over 3 weeks ago. He had 8 screws and a metal plate inserted so it is rather early to make a come back.

• Like 2

No one has mentioned the track, Track is gate and go nowadays hardly any overtaking from either side never use to be like this. Maybe that is partly to do with are slide down the league. Also would Ben Barker fit in as replacment for porsing ?

• Like 2

GRW, once again your opinions on Robert Lambert are extremely harsh and unrealistic. There lad is sixteen and is doing all that anyone could expect in his first season of racing, and the idea that he is no better than he was a year ago is ridiculous, he wouldn't have held off a GP rider for three laps last season. It should be no shock that his gating isn't great with such inexperience but it will come with time. It seems to me you are expecting him to have the same impact as Michael Lee did forty years ago, but the sport is very different nowadays. Lambert has exceeded my expectations this year and has more than done the job he was signed to do, unfortunately at the moment he is being exposed by the struggles of Porsing & Schlein. Hopefully you now also see the error of your ways in crowing from the rooftops back in May about how we were going to waltz our way to the title when many of us could see the current situation coming.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 6

No one has mentioned the track, Track is gate and go nowadays hardly any overtaking from either side never use to be like this. Maybe that is partly to do with are slide down the league. Also would Ben Barker fit in as replacment for porsing ?

I saws some overtaking. It was quite a good meeting,I thought.

You have to laugh at all his imaginary friends, but don't be fooled because all he wants is a response and he does not care how rude you are to him. There's only one answer,and that's to ignore the clown.

I was NOT referring to "lynnboy" with that.

Edited by BritPete

GRW, once again your opinions on Robert Lambert are extremely harsh and unrealistic. There lad is sixteen and is doing all that anyone could expect in his first season of racing, and the idea that he is no better than he was a year ago is ridiculous, he wouldn't have held off a GP rider for three laps last season. It should be no shock that his gating isn't great with such inexperience but it will come with time. It seems to me you are expecting him to have the same impact as Michael Lee did forty years ago, but the sport is very different nowadays. Lambert has exceeded my expectations this year and has more than done the job he was signed to do, unfortunately at the moment he is being exposed by the struggles of Porsing & Schlein. Hopefully you now also see the error of your ways in crowing from the rooftops back in May about how we were going to waltz our way to the title when many of us could see the current situation coming.

Robert is doing a great job the only thing I would change is he needs switching back to the number 4 position as he's missed big time in heat 14 - I hope today we hear two changes Simon Lambert for Rose and Lebidevs for Porsing - harsh on Porsing but we need a boost and fast

Unusual, for you but this time you are right in so much of what you say. To be honest with you I expected Lambert to have benefited much more this year than what he has actually done. Yes I have compare him to Michael lee, cos I thought he was that good. But unfortunately he is not . And don't go on about the league has changes , cos' yes, it has big time, but Lee achieved a highly creditable first years CMA of 7 half riding as a heat leaders and winning against top riders each meeting. I'm sure it would have been far more beneficial for Lambert to have had a year as FTR to find his feet. When he was elected into the team proper he was given responsibilities and expectations. It all very well chasing down opposition after missing the gate, and putting on a good show, but its points the team needs and not all this show-boating he does to the fans......I appreciate more than most he is only 16, but there is no sentiment in this game. when you go to the tapes you're the same as everyone else. . Yes he processes a lot of talent, but he must be one of the worse gaters in the league. That should have been sorted years ago....... Last night Dakota North shown how big the gulf in class of our 2nd strings are behind. .

Unlike you I am prepared to stand up for what I believe in and hope for, I don't sit on the fence like you. If , in your opinion, that wrong, then fine. At least people know where they are with me.

Dakota North and Nick Morris have several years of experience between them whereas our second strings went into this season with half a season between them, as I said last night perhaps in hindsight we should have gone with a bit more experience in those positions. If Robert was scoring 0,1 or two each week I'd be more inclined to agree with you but he is regularly scoring around half a dozen and sometimes more. I don't think anybody except you expected much more than that from a sixteen year old.

• Like 2

Lambert put in another solid performance tonight, and certainly think switching back to no. 4 would work better. As he is not riding in PL or NL he is probably short of matches to keep sharp and improve. Shame his PL spot was blocked by the authorities who obviously don't want to help an outstanding British prospect.

Agree with the above posts that Schlein and Porsing are currently the weak points. If they can sort their blips out we can still win this thing, but wouldn't be against the right change.

Just as well Kenny has started finding some form and confidence.....

• Like 1

Robins Pride!

disgraceful decision by Rosco cost Swindon the match. I mean according to your logic Kildemand should have been in heat 15 as like you say it doesn't matter how your number one is riding he should be in heat 15. Can't believe he chose North after 3 straight wins!
  • Like 1

Riders dont all 'mature' at the same rate of knots. Robert Lambert is on a massive learning curve, and I am sure will benefit greatly from his first sighter at this level. The boy is doing a 2nd string job for the team.

The 2 areas that will stop Lynn going beyond the play-off semi's are of course Porsing and Rory. Lynn can afford to carry one rider in a meeting against a top team but cannot afford to carry two.

if Rose is fit for the semi, then IMHO we have 5 riders who will do their jobs, the 2 worry's are The 2 above. If Rob can get them fired up for that one night (home meeting ) then we have every chance of going further. IF ( big word) we do make the play-off final, thern for me it will be all down to which team performs on the 2 gven nights.

I look back to earlier in the season when the side was untouchable, ( was it 14 on the trot ?) If Rob can get them back to that level then it will be very much game on, If not, then hey! we have had a great season anyway.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

Lambert put in another solid performance tonight, and certainly think switching back to no. 4 would work better. As he is not riding in PL or NL he is probably short of matches to keep sharp and improve. Shame his PL spot was blocked by the authorities who obviously don't want to help an outstanding British prospect.

Agree with the above posts that Schlein and Porsing are currently the weak points. If they can sort their blips out we can still win this thing, but wouldn't be against the right change.

Just as well Kenny has started finding some form and confidence.....

could lambert had gone in the draft and then rode premier league ??? , did he decided he was to good for the draft ??? , IF so HE should have thought a bit longer about his career ,short term loss long turn gain comes to mind

Edited by hans fan

Maybe Lambert didnt fancy the draft points money.

Edited by semion
  • Like 2