Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

ALL GP riders get four pit passes in addition to their own. Nicki's physio actually spends quite a lot of time working on him during a meeting, especially of late when he has still been suffering from his recent dislocated shoulders.

In this case it might have been a good idea as she helped Bjerre put his shoulder back in, sounds like a lady who knows what she is doing.

I'm sure I read that she did just that.

Not bad for a hanger on eh? Maybe she should know her place and stayed at home to do the dishes :D

i wasnt refering to you personally ,it was to everyone. I dont care what anyone says about me but you say my opinion is wrong which it proberly is but you dont give your opinion whixh might be right. Thats what i was getting at. I will give a detailed opinion about something to the best of my knowledge and someone will just say your wrong. Because???. Lets have opinions

My opinion is that a rider has 4 pit passes and can use them how he wants.

My opinion is that a rider has 4 pit passes and can use them how he wants.

ok thats a fact rather than opinion but should they have 4 passes .? Do they need anybody else in the pits other than mechanics after all its the pits ,a place to prep bikes etc ,

Whilst I can see Deans point re cluttering up the pits with bodies that are not needed I dont see a separate area for non mechanics working.

Whether its a mentor/manager or physio thats not the sort of interaction for a communial space.

If thats what a rider wants/needs then its best in his own pit bay IMO for 'staying in the zone'* mentally.*(select your own cliche to taste!)

MANY riders have three mechanics and quite often a manager as is the case with Nicki P and Matej Zagar for instance. They are part of a team and surely there is nothing wrong with that?

• Like 1

MANY riders have three mechanics and quite often a manager as is the case with Nicki P and Matej Zagar for instance. They are part of a team and surely there is nothing wrong with that?

One thing Philip, you do see a lot of people wandering around Cardiff, with passes 'Access all areas' and the like. Are these people allowed to wander around the pits will nilly?

Who a rider has in his personal pit space is a matter of choice for him alone and nobody else's business. Unless it is dangerous or illegal what a rider does or says in his pit bay should not concern others. TV cameras and microphones have no place intruding in rider's personal space immediately follwing a race, or as he is preparing to go out for his next race. Pedersen's temperament is suspect and his on-track tactics sometimes suspect, but the man is a winner. Yes, where there's trouble there's Pedersen but let's keep criticism for what happens on track, not in the pits.

i know what she is but she has no reason to be in the pits ,

If she is his physio, then of course she has a reason to be there. I agree there should not be an entire party in the pits area, but within reason a rider is entitled to have mechanics, manager and physio.

• Like 2

One thing Philip, you do see a lot of people wandering around Cardiff, with passes 'Access all areas' and the like. Are these people allowed to wander around the pits will nilly?

AGREE there are too many All Area passes issued but only AA passes supplemented by a special wristband provide Pit access after 18.30. Still quite a lot of those in addition to riders ... TV crews, BSI and FIM officials, some stadium workers who operate in that area, medical staff, etc. Media (reporters and photographers) allowed in pits until 18.00. Small number (usually six) photographers also have AA passes and are allowed in the pits throughout the event.

Edited by PHILIPRISING

Occasionally one needs to be a tad contentious to get a discussion going.

• Like 1

Occasionally one needs to be a tad contentious to get a discussion going.

Not me though. :o;)

• Like 1

No complaints about a physio being there. if however you want to start a campaign about the inanely grinning hanger on from Monster being in the pits withe the sole intention of getting his not very pretty face in pics and on T.v, I'd be 100% behind you. He does absoleutely nothing for the sport.

Apart from Sponsoring it.

Only Pearson's

Don 't think so!

• Like 1

Assuming they're actually handing over hard cash.

What do you think they're handing over, magic beans.