Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Main Man

New Track For Milton Keynes

Good news and hope it comes off, but remember,Reading, Bristol and Swansea.

Not to mention Norwich, Exeter and somewhere else in Cornwall. We've already got too many tracks and not enough riders anyway.

They were always called the knights, have fond memories of the groveway, used to go and watch a young Andy Grahame who went on to be one of the Brummies riders. Hope its PL.

I used to really like Elfield Park....the most basic setting for a speedway " stadium" but it had something about it that was really enjoyable I thought and really good viewing

Good man. Least you know the true meaning of speedway racing, which doesn't have to be in the plushest of stadia, as long as the men give it a good go and provide entertainment. It ain't always how a lady looks you know, her personality will be the main thing in the end.

Remember watching one dvd of Milton Keynes against Stoke, think Wally Loak, and he was stood in the crowd filming... and you could actually hear the anger in their voices when the referee cocked up on a few decisions that went against the home team.

Bread and butter speedway doesn't need superstars.

• Like 3

They were always called the knights, have fond memories of the groveway, used to go and watch a young Andy Grahame who went on to be one of the Brummies riders. Hope its PL.

I remember Andy Grahame representing Milton Keynes in the NLRC and Birmingham in the BLRC in the same season...and deservedly as well, not through Birmingham dropouts

I used to really like Elfield Park....the most basic setting for a speedway " stadium" but it had something about it that was really enjoyable I thought and really good viewing

Same here. It was authentic bread and butter speedway. Great viewing.

I remember going to the opening meeting at The Groveway, I sincerely hope that I get the opportunity to attend the opening meeting of this new track next year.

Good luck to all involved

Not to mention Norwich, Exeter and somewhere else in Cornwall. We've already got too many tracks and not enough riders anyway.

Is this meant to be a joke

Is this meant to be a joke

Certainly not. How many guests are riding for Lakeside tonight? Doubt they'll be many GP riders here next year, all the fans are moaning about too many riders doubling up and not seeing the same team each week, as I said, too many tracks and nowhere near enough riders. When there's enough riders then open more tracks, until then, no thanks.

will the new track be built like milton keynes, four straights and 4 90 degree corners to keep it inline with the building of the new town.

good luck with the new venture. hope there is enough riders to go around in 2015 for everyone.

• Like 1

Hope this happens!

BUT - We've heard this sort of big statement from the super keen (but often jumping the gun) Mr Laurence Rogers in the past at Swansea and Yarmouth in recent years!

I also hope the prospective promotion doesn't include the infamous one who made big noises at Norwich a few years ago and isn't allowed a license, cause it won't happen?

Milton Keynes were never well supported at the Groveway 1978 - 1988, then at Eldfield Park 1989 - 1992, in times when crowds were generally bigger than they are nowadays!

Its one of them places that needed the cheaper 3rd Division level racing in order to be viable but unfortunately the Knights shut 2 years before the 3rd tiers creation in 1994!

I think with a promotion with deep pockets and astute hard working management, Milton Keynes can be a viable 3rd Division outfit in time so lets hope we see a new track there!

New tracks in areas that haven't had speedway for a while or ever bring fresh faces into the sport. Yes we have a shortage of riders and fans but its likely we could lose tracks currently involved this season so any new track should be encouraged!

Edited by 25yearfan