British Speedway Forum
Main Man

New Track For Milton Keynes

'Chicken and egg' springs to mind. If the intention is to offer training/practice facilities and start in the NL, they could have the opportunity to grow their own riders, which would be 'healthy' and is really how all teams should operate, ideally. I realise some fans won't watch/support, so called, wobblers, but many wobblers become good riders!

Just lately I seem to see more wobblers and fallers watching tired out riders in the Elite League

11 Days now from Main Mans announcement and no update on venue even, don't look Good

You could be right. At least we had some hope for a while! Maybe, someone could do a similar rumour for the Rayleigh Rockets!

• Like 1

cmon Main Man is there any truth in what you say , please dont do do to Milton Keynes fans, what you did to Newport fans Years Ago ,when it was just pie in the sky and never amounted to anything.

No further news at all does make this seem like its not going to happen. Why wouldn't the people involved want to make themselves known? Especially if they don't have any involvement with another club?

The article seemed to indicate that they were hoping to be ready for 2015!?

That seems like a tall order and I've no idea where that track might be built?

• Like 1

Why even say it's going to happen if it's all just horsh? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my beloved Milton Keynes will take to the track next season! :-)

Why wouldn't the people involved want to make themselves known? Especially if they don't have any involvement with another club?

What makes you think the prospective promoter doesn't have an involvement in another club?

Yeah sorry, that post does read like that doesn't it?

I just meant that IF they weren't involved with another club, there would be no reason not to tell everyone all about it?

Not a million miles from both Coventry and Peterborough who are both on borrowed time. Maybe a sensible move by someone :-)

11 Days now from Main Mans announcement and no update on venue even, don't look Good

If you rely n that ego merchant twerp you have no hope - no money, limited brain, max self publicity. Worse than his sister.

PRESS RELEASE from Milton Keynes KNIGHTS Speedway :

22 years after the doors closed on speedway at Milton Keynes , fans of the Knights can be encouraged that moves are afoot to revive the sport in the town.

The Knights have kept the team name alive in the last few years running a Milton Keynes side in the Midland Development League being based at Rye House previously and Mildenhall in 2014. The side were crowned MDL champions in 2012 and are currently top of the 2014 league.

The sport ran from 1978 to 1988 at The Groveway before moving to Elfield Park in 1989 until the final meeting in 1992.

Now suitable land has been sourced in the area for speedway to return and a Promoter and backers are in place. The BSPA have met the prospective promotion and an in-principle agreement is in place to see a return of the sport to Milton Keynes in 2015.

If you Lawrence Rodgers are involved no bloody chance and another ego trip

Not if Rodgers is invovled, helped kill Newport with the Mallets.

Edited by remembertheracers
  • Like 1

I think this is all very unfair. We all thought Slough was 'pie in the sky', but hey, the mighty Slough speedway team, proved everybody wrong!