British Speedway Forum
Main Man

New Track For Milton Keynes

Friend of yours is he!!!

No never met him. I know he jumps into photo opportunities, writes about himself and has been 'involved' with more tracks(and they've closed or he has moved on) than most of us have visited!

I know people more involved who think Rodgers he is an ego driven twit who will hitch his old arse to any wagon rolling by.

Edited by remembertheracers

Dean Machine, you are normally very good with your opinions on here, but that must be a wind up.

it might not be him but he seems to be popping up around speedway again and does he not live that way? Why the secret ? Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

He told me himself a couple of years ago that he hadn't been to a speedway meeting since Oxford nearly bankrupted him, & never would. People change their minds in life, but it would surprise me if it was him who was behind the alleged Milton Keynes revival. I don't know Nigel personally, I was at Houghton cooked meats, which he owns, & saw a lovely picture of Simon Wigg in his office, & we talked speedway for a few minutes. The BSPA were not on his Christmas card list either LOL.

He was at Cardiff this year. My understanding when he left Oxford was that he was totally disillusioned with the sport, maybe if it is Waggy involved it will be NL level and training facilities as he always seemed to take great pride in the CL boys at Oxford.

If you Lawrence Rodgers are involved no bloody chance and another ego trip

Not if Rodgers is invovled, helped kill Newport with the Mallets.

Is that the Coventry Storm manager?

Is that the Coventry Storm manager?

Yes, Laurence is the Coventry Storm manager.

PRESS RELEASE from Milton Keynes KNIGHTS Speedway :

22 years after the doors closed on speedway at Milton Keynes , fans of the Knights can be encouraged that moves are afoot to revive the sport in the town.

The Knights have kept the team name alive in the last few years running a Milton Keynes side in the Midland Development League being based at Rye House previously and Mildenhall in 2014. The side were crowned MDL champions in 2012 and are currently top of the 2014 league.

The sport ran from 1978 to 1988 at The Groveway before moving to Elfield Park in 1989 until the final meeting in 1992.

Now suitable land has been sourced in the area for speedway to return and a Promoter and backers are in place. The BSPA have met the prospective promotion and an in-principle agreement is in place to see a return of the sport to Milton Keynes in 2015.

Still awaiting next PRESS RELEASE

Still awaiting next PRESS RELEASE

I do think that Laurence will have personal things on his plate at the moment, much bigger than trying to keep the critics on here satisfied.

A whole month has gone by and what have we heard?

Precisely nothing.

Not unexpected but still mightily disappointing. :sad:

No never met him. I know he jumps into photo opportunities, writes about himself and has been 'involved' with more tracks(and they've closed or he has moved on) than most of us have visited!

I know people more involved who think Rodgers he is an ego driven twit who will hitch his old arse to any wagon rolling by.

Personally, my experience of Laurence is that is very decent bloke who always has time for a chat and a laugh (even when he doesn't), has put a huge amount of his own time and money into the sport and is as passionate about it as anyone I have ever met.

He's been in the sport for at least 40 years and has done everything - announcer, promoter, team manager, has ridden bikes for charitable purposes and organised youth meetings (and probably a lot more besides).

Seeing him at Lakeside this season he still remains as truly incredibly enthusiastic about speedway as he was when I first met him in 2006.

I am very pleased to count him as a friend.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

Personally, my experience of Laurence is that is very decent bloke who always has time for a chat and a laugh (even when he doesn't), has put a huge amount of his own time and money into the sport and is as passionate about it as anyone I have ever met.

He's been in the sport for at least 40 years and has done everything - announcer, promoter, team manager, has ridden bikes for charitable purposes and organised youth meetings (and probably a lot more besides).

Seeing him at Lakeside this season he still remains as truly incredibly enthusiastic about speedway as he was when I first met him in 2006.

I am very pleased to count him as a friend.

Yes HT. He does what others on here don't. He gets up off his backside, and does things within the sport, only to be shot down by the "never do anything" brigade, sitting alongside the haven't a ******* clue brigade.

People who 'do" make mistakes, whilst those who 'don't' never have.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

Still nothing....

Makes you wonder why they bothered making an announcement in the first place?

History repeating itself go to Newport Waspies . org and Read Press Cuttings , same Song Different venue

Having publicised 'an in-principle agreement is in place to see a return of the sport to Milton Keynes in 2015' an update is well over due. I really hope it's going ahead?