British Speedway Forum
Tommy Sweetman

Wolves V Eastbourne 08/09.

Lewis Blackbird is hoping to ride before the end of the season so if the Eagles can drag themselves into the play-offs.. they could be dark horses with Blackbird back in.

No chance because the rest of the team is complete and utter rubbish!

One of the Eagles promoters said on the centre green interview on Saturday that he would see us at the playoffs and that there were 24 points up for grabs to get us there....

These people treat us like idiots and constantly get away with it year after year promising success that they know they will never achieve...

I've given up on the season and not really gutted if it folds...

Is Rye House easy to get to from Brighton??

• Like 1

One of the Eagles promoters said on the centre green interview on Saturday that he would see us at the playoffs and that there were 24 points up for grabs to get us there....

These people treat us like idiots and constantly get away with it year after year promising success that they know they will never achieve...

I couldn't agree more. How Geer has kept his job despite the team failing to win away in two and half years just shows the complete and totally amateurish way in which the club is run. Is it any wonder the club is folding with these three idiots (Dugard, Geer and Bellerby) at the helm!

• Like 1

I posted on here 6 weeks or so ago how the fans are treated with contempt by the management at arlington.

Talk is cheap, year after year picking a side to win at home and have zero interest in away fixtures is no good.

Look at lahti , bjarne and jk tonight . 1 win between them isn't it ?? Not good enough but they are in the comfort zone

I posted on here 6 weeks or so ago how the fans are treated with contempt by the management at arlington.

Talk is cheap, year after year picking a side to win at home and have zero interest in away fixtures is no good.

Look at lahti , bjarne and jk tonight . 1 win between them isn't it ?? Not good enough but they are in the comfort zone

The facts speak for themselves.

Points per ride

Pedersen 2.03

Blackbird 1.94

Woodward 1.66

MM 1.64

JK 1.57

TL 1.43

Halsey 0.82

Pedersen and Blackbird apart it's a very poor team. Even Pedersen is poor when compared to other team's number ones.

As for being in the comfort zone hardly as unless someone buys the club (and no one is stupid enough or bottomless pockets to do so) they will be without a club and without a job!

Edited by MartynSmith

If and that's a very big If Eastbourne do carry on then a major clear out is needed from top to bottom, have to say just totally fed up with the rubbish that is getting served up the last couple of years. From consistently attending 7-8 away meetings every year I have done 1 the last 2 years and that was only because we were at Belle Vue when I was in the area and I'd never been there before!

Absolute dross away from Arlo and the same old excuses are drilled out every time.

I do hope something turns up for us but carrying on as we have the last couple of years would of had me walking away anyway.

• Like 1

i wouldn't pin your hopes on rye house having much of a long term future either!

We shall see :lol:

We did, nothing changes. ;)

Wow, that was a breeze against a team supposedly who are fighting for a Play Off place.

Besides heat 7 (which was gift wrapped for them when Lasse came out in a blue helmet cover instead of red) the only true fight they showed was in the final heat when it was way too late.

A great way for the Wolves to sign off 2014. Thank god its over.

Another poor crowd but at least showed some signs of life - Porkie got a huge cheer for doing the ice bucket challenge in the Interval with PK on tipping duty. :D

A fair smattering of good heats and battles to keep us entertained - mostly from Wolves riders.

Bring on 2015. :t:

WOLVES

Schlein - never going to be a favourite rider of mine but he rode like a true number one tonight (which makes me worried if that is going to be the standard fare next season!), gated well and battled hard when behind. 5/5

Lasse - he looked quick and hungry and was involved in some good battles. Has settled in well in his short time at the club. 3.5/5

RICKY - Now THATS the way to answer the management back. Boy did he look quick too. Easily the quickest rider on show. Mean and tough out the gate too. Now if only he rode like that every week there would be no thought of replacing him! 4.5/5 MOTM

PK - His best home match by far. Definitely looked like the PK of old with trademark passes, got outgated in the final heat. 4/5

King - Did a decent enough job back in the tough heat leader position without ripping up any trees. Battled hard for points too. 2.5/5

JOE - He looked pretty quick and gave Newman a run for his money in heat 9, Took an excellent win in heat 4 under the protection of PK. 3.5/5

TOM - Had to battle for his points but only beat Halsey twice. 1.5/5

Eagles

Bjarne - He finished with a win but looked nothing like a number one before that. Got better as the track slickened off towards the end. 2/5

Lahti - Certainly gave the effort without much reward. 2/5

Bridger - started and ended with 2 good battles then was nowhere to be seen in between. 2/5

Kylmakorpi - His 6 pointer flattered him.and only added 4 from 5 rides in the other heats. 2/5

Michelsen - finished races well adrift, despite being in contention early on. Clearly wasnt fit enough to start the meeting. 0/5

Newman - no surprise he top scored.but was exposed when thrown into bigger heats. 3.5/5

Halsey - besides heat 2 (for a lap) he was never on the pace. 0/5

This may have been one sided with only Bjarne Pedersen and Kyle Newman doing anything for Eastbourne, but it showed that you don't need the big names yet again to provide great racing and if the 2015 season starts with riders like Rory Schlein, Bjarne Pedersen, Craig Cook, Scott Nicholls etc as the top riders then so be it.

Ricky Wells proved his point with a brilliant 13+1 with some fast starts and good passes and given another lap he would have finished with a maximum as he closed in on BP in heat 15. Schlein never looked in trouble, PK was like a 22 year old and Lasse showed how much he enjoys it at Monmore with some great racing.

Joe Jacobs had no answer this time to Kyle Newman but looked good and Daniel King battled hard for six points. However much we may miss the likes of Woffinden, Pawlicki and other stars next season (possibly), the team spirit was obvious and I for one would look forward to a season with a 30-32 point limit (42-45 PL strength) teams if this is the action served up.

Eastbourne obviously need wins away from home if they are to reach the play offs and last night I asked Trevor Geer as heat 15 approached if they were going to use Ricky at Belle Vue in the double header to replace Michelsen or Woodward. The form he showed last night was no fluke and Ricky always goes well at Kirky Lane so Eastbourne could spring a suprise next week with some away points if they book Ricky.

If they book PK as a guest aswell, there may be a few Wolves fans travelling north next Monday as this was the final match at Monmore Green in 2014 with only the Olympique on Tuesday 14th October left to ride at home.

First of all, I hate it when away teams just slag off their riders and don't give credit to the home team. So, well done Wolves. Great guests and great team replacements with Rory, Ricky, PK and Danny.

As for Eastbourne, DISMAL. I actually felt like hiding my Eagles program holder. Thank God I didn't wear a jacket!

We had a horrendous journey up and to be honest, I expected to lose, I didn't even go thinking we would get a point but I thought we would be at the races but again, Eastie didn't turn up. 10 hours of my life I gave up for that. I could have been in bed at a sensible time, I could have watched Banshee, I could have saved the fuel and entrance money spent for 14 heats of rcing. Yes 14, because for the first time in 43 years of watching Eastbourne, I did not stay for heat 14. From about heat 4 onward I just wanted to start the trip home.

I am gutted, absolutely GUTTED about the possible end of the club and had intended going to the double headers at Coventry and Belle Vue but WHY? Why bother?

Thanks Kyle.

• Like 3

We did, nothing changes. ;)

Wow, that was a breeze against a team supposedly who are fighting for a Play Off place.

Besides heat 7 (which was gift wrapped for them when Lasse came out in a blue helmet cover instead of red) the only true fight they showed was in the final heat when it was way too late.

A great way for the Wolves to sign off 2014. Thank god its over.

Another poor crowd but at least showed some signs of life - Porkie got a huge cheer for doing the ice bucket challenge in the Interval with PK on tipping duty. :D

A fair smattering of good heats and battles to keep us entertained - mostly from Wolves riders.

Bring on 2015. :t:

WOLVES

Schlein - never going to be a favourite rider of mine but he rode like a true number one tonight (which makes me worried if that is going to be the standard fare next season!), gated well and battled hard when behind. 5/5

Lasse - he looked quick and hungry and was involved in some good battles. Has settled in well in his short time at the club. 3.5/5

RICKY - Now THATS the way to answer the management back. Boy did he look quick too. Easily the quickest rider on show. Mean and tough out the gate too. Now if only he rode like that every week there would be no thought of replacing him! 4.5/5 MOTM

PK - His best home match by far. Definitely looked like the PK of old with trademark passes, got outgated in the final heat. 4/5

King - Did a decent enough job back in the tough heat leader position without ripping up any trees. Battled hard for points too. 2.5/5

JOE - He looked pretty quick and gave Newman a run for his money in heat 9, Took an excellent win in heat 4 under the protection of PK. 3.5/5

TOM - Had to battle for his points but only beat Halsey twice. 1.5/5

Eagles

Bjarne - He finished with a win but looked nothing like a number one before that. Got better as the track slickened off towards the end. 2/5

Lahti - Certainly gave the effort without much reward. 2/5

Bridger - started and ended with 2 good battles then was nowhere to be seen in between. 2/5

Kylmakorpi - His 6 pointer flattered him.and only added 4 from 5 rides in the other heats. 2/5

Michelsen - finished races well adrift, despite being in contention early on. Clearly wasnt fit enough to start the meeting. 0/5

Newman - no surprise he top scored.but was exposed when thrown into bigger heats. 3.5/5

Halsey - besides heat 2 (for a lap) he was never on the pace. 0/5

how can a MOTM have a rating lower than somebody else.... :D

i agree about Ricky Wells basically giving a Churchill salute saying...'look at what you could've won'.... :D

Edited by dump that clutch

how can a MOTM have a rating lower than somebody else.... :D

Because its MY man of the match, the one who made the most difference.

Hope that explains. :t::P

If this season is to see the demise of the once proud Eastbourne Eagles... then all those responsible should hang their heads in shame at the fact that in all probability they are going to bow out on the back of a run of 40 consecutive away defeats... it's a total disgrace...

Would be a sad end to a once thriving and successful club that has all but given up away from Arlington for the last 3 seasons...

• Like 3

Just received information from an official source the Curfew for Friday night's double header is 10.30pm. Hopefully enough time to complete the meeting.