British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tapesuptv

British Youth Championship Format

Can anyone help me out please by giving me the breakdown of how Championship points were awarded in this year´s British Youth Championship? I have the scorecards from each round from the BSPA website, the points from each meeting don´t match the points from the series overall (http://speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.27064) and there´s no explanation of how Championship points are awarded. Could it be something like (20-18-16 etc.) based on finishing positions including the finals? How are heat point tie-breaks settled?

Any knowledge or input appreciated. And if you can point me in the direction of a full table with round-by-round Championship points, even better!

Alex

Edited by Alex Raby

I'm sure I read somewhere that each rider drops the lowest score from the rounds they have competed in. Not sure if that is true however.

I'm sure I read somewhere that each rider drops the lowest score from the rounds they have competed in. Ndrop in if that is true however.

They drop their lowest score which includes 0 for a round not contested. The points system has been mentioned a few times this season but I can't find one.

Edited by Alan_Jones

You could try contacting Neil Vatcher who ran the meetings.

Thank you all for your responses. If anyone has any suitable contact details for the organisers, could they please kindly PM them to me?

Round winner 18

runner-up 16

third 14

fourth 12

fifth onwards; 11-10-9 etc

Lowest scoring round dropped from overall total

Thanks to Arnie´s help regarding the awarded Championship points, and the official referees´ scorecharts, I have managed to build up this spreadsheet with the leaderboards in full. But in both 250cc and 500cc classes I have four riders whose points do not match up with the ´official results´ (highlighted in red). Can anyone spot where my calculations have fallen down? Perhaps I need to call on you again Arnie!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OR3bmd3A0tn8WXjs4jlELQUWAUfdzOBSqanZBBWCtHY/edit?usp=sharing

Now that I´ve started this quest, I´m determined to get it right!

Edited by Alex Raby

Hi where a rider completes all the rounds they have to drop one round. This is to allow for holidays etc.. hence Luke Harris drops 14 whereas Reece downes score stays the same. cheers aidan

Thanks Aidan. Got that bit. The riders I´m struggling with are Harry Jones, Connor Fletcher, Layne Cupitt & Ben Basford. My totals for these riders (after their worst round - 0 for each of them - is taken away) come up different to the official results posted on the SpeedwayGB site. I get the following final totals after the worst round is subtracted:

Harris 80

Downes 66

Dugard 60

Leek 60

Wilson 58

Griggs 49

Ruddick 36

Sanderson 36

Jones 36

Fletcher 25

Cupitt 23

Greaves 18

Wajknecht 11

Whitehead 11

Blackburn 9

Basford 8 (SpeedwayGB says 9)

Miles 8

(Edited to show corrections)

Edited by Alex Raby

Harry Jones didn't ride at Eastbourne he had bike problems.

So he didn't get the 8 points for it, which are on your spread sheet, I think it was round 4.

Thank you for that MuddyValve, that´s one mystery difference solved.

Edit: I have worked out the other inconsistency: finishing order provided in the press release (http://speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.24117) differed from the finishing order in the referee´s scorechart (http://speedwaygb.co/14results/scun_230314.pdf).

So I got there! Thank you again Speedway community.

Edited by Alex Raby