British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Lucan

Comets Scrap Two Fixtures.

it's just a 'ffffing shambles', innit ???

Just shows how inept the BSPA are in my opinion, amateurish in the extreme.

agreed with all posts on the worky fiasco regarding the cancelations, what about season ticket holders who have payed up front for these meet's..

• Like 1

agreed with all posts on the worky fiasco regarding the cancelations, what about season ticket holders who have payed up front for these meet's..

as it is past meeting 10 of the 14 the rules allow the season to be abandoned and the result declared with no refunds due.

(tongue in cheek play on the heat 10 rule)

Or scrap the League Cup at the beginning of the season.

1 challenge match and straight into the PL matches, with the PLKOC interspersed within those PL fixtures. Then plenty of time to complete the PL fixtures before the Play-offs begin.

I think they should make the play-offs the Top 4 teams with a straight knockout system 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd.

That's not enough fixtures!

Last year, they weren't enough and Scunny completed their home meetings on August Bank Holiday :shock:

This year's fixture list does provide the right number of fixtures - but when clubs only stage three home meetings in three months, they are going to get into trouble! Plus August was exceptional this year, we're used to the British weather being awful, but not in that month.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Why when there is no 'TV pressure' (unlike in the EL) does the PL have to put the cut off so early?

Seems barmy.....

But then again, what's one more barmy decision. ?...

• Like 1

Where Edinburgh fined for not holding the final play off match a few year ago??..... Or was that a ' managment ' commitee decision ;)

That's not enough fixtures!

Last year, they weren't enough and Scunny completed their home meetings on August Bank Holiday :shock:

This year's fixture list does provide the right number of fixtures - but when clubs only stage three home meetings in three months, they are going to get into trouble! Plus August was exceptional this year, we're used to the British weather being awful, but not in that month.

All the best

Rob

So, by cutting the fixture list by 3 (or 4) home meetings "that's not enough fixtures," yet Workington are running Double-headers weeks running and the likes of Somerset are running home meetings twice a week and Edinburgh are running a Double-header on Friday (12th) and are also running a home meeting on the Saturday (13th) to fit the fixtures in!

It's perfectly fine if we have a decent summer, but we hit the same problems year on year.

On another thread, some are calling for running home meetings once a fortnight (same night racing, which, by the way, won't work)!!

Another solution is, start the season a month later, still ending it back end of October, or start it 2 weeks later and end it two weeks earlier

Edited by Steve Park

but we hit the same problems year on year.

And how about 2013, when there were less fixtures and several clubs finished their fixtures too early?

Right number of fixtures this year. Just because Workington and Peterborough have call-offs thanks to missing pieces of medical equipment and highly mysterious "health & safety" issues, should not be allowed to take meaningful fixtures away from the other clubs.

I hope promoters don't have the same knee-jerk reaction as yourself.

All the best

Rob

And how about 2013, when there were less fixtures and several clubs finished their fixtures too early?

Right number of fixtures this year. Just because Workington and Peterborough have call-offs thanks to missing pieces of medical equipment and highly mysterious "health & safety" issues, should not be allowed to take meaningful fixtures away from the other clubs.

I hope promoters don't have the same knee-jerk reaction as yourself.

All the best

Rob

And Berwick lost somewhere in the region of 17 fixtures, home and away, due to the weather.

In 2013 we had the scenario of one less team in the PL, so they decided to add an extra two home and away fixtures to the season, but kept them once Peterborough dropped down Many people (not all) on this forum are baffled by this!

Perhaps there were enough fixtures this year, but it only takes a few postponements (ligitimate or otherwise) to totally c**k that up (see my Berwick scenario as a case in point) and that, to me, is the crux of the matter.

is this scrapping official. i dont see anything on the OFFICIAL w/site. dont get the local rag , so i have not seen it. can any one post a link confirming the scrapping. or is it just the papers trying to sell more dead wood to the gullible public.

once again Workington speedway have come up with no statement denying it or saying its the truth. come on layre/steve, is it or isnt it true...

Part of the problem this year is some teams decided to have blank week. To accommodate missing riders and that backfired with the weather interruptions .If you are going to have meaniful competions such as theLeague Cup if you get posponement you have to have that fixture reun as soon as possible otherwise you get the Scenario of Berwick still having to race a meaningless fixture.The league cup Final has still to be run the KO cup still has semi final to be be run and guess what the BEST TEAMS this season are still involved ,causing fixture havoc.Now who could have predicted THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Get rid of the extra fixtures and ride home and away once and fit in a 4TT Qualifying meeting at every track.

• Like 3

In 2013 we had the scenario of one less team in the PL, so they decided to add an extra two home and away fixtures to the season, but kept them once Peterborough dropped down Many people (not all) on this forum are baffled by this!

Perhaps there were enough fixtures this year, but it only takes a few postponements (ligitimate or otherwise) to totally c**k that up (see my Berwick scenario as a case in point) and that, to me, is the crux of the matter.

And I'm baffled how you think 13 is one less than 13 :P

(Hint: Leicester :wink: )

I see your point... but at the same time, please consider 2013, when there weren't enough fixtures.

I do like the idea of replacing the extra four league fixtures with 4TT qualifying rounds... these used to be a big money-spinner for clubs and it's daft that they were stopped.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

And I'm baffled how you think 13 is one less than 13 :P

(Hint: Leicester :wink: )

I see your point... but at the same time, please consider 2013, when they weren't enough fixtures.

I do like the idea of replacing the extra four league fixtures with 4TT qualifying rounds... these used to be a big money-spinner for clubs and it's daft that they were stopped.

All the best

Rob

The 'Southern' teams don't want them, apparently, so it gets out-voted every time. I still think the 4TT qualifiers are the fairest way to decide who reaches the final/semi final, so we at least agree on that!! :party:

The point about one less (perhaps I worded it badly in my haste as not to get caught by my bosses!!) when Leicester moved up there would have been one less in the PL, so the extra fixtures were added, but then Peterborough dropped down to bring it back to 13 in the League, but the extra fixtures were kept!