British Speedway Forum

First impressions are a lower crowd than expected, but there's still 45 minutes until the start time, so plenty of time to fill out.

it depends on what you want to watch, do you want to watch a bunch of kids trying to make there way in the sport you follow, being paid a pittance and risking there lives to give you some entertainment or watch a few very well paid premadonnas sticking a little ball down a hole 18 times.

If it comes down to Balls I think the speedway riders has bigger ones. Speedway every time for me.

You forgot to add, "if you think you can do better"... etc.

Rather watch top class sportsmen, or a bunch of kids trying to negotiate a tricky speedway track?

I'd have rather watched the golf, but the other half wanted to come, so here we are

They were fine until heat 20, then they went nuts!! Very funny watching them kick off. I really hope they move up a league next year.

First of all well done to Danny Halsey, the Cradley fans, we really need to go through a period of NOT winning anything then maybe the hotheads will drift away, it seems from reports almost every time a rider or the Team gets beat someone kicks off.

• Like 3

Well done to Dan Halsey, a deserved winner, but as speedway meetings go, it's the biggest load of crap I've seen this season.

I agree. It was an awful speedway meeting on a dry and dusty track. Either have it in the evening, or move it to another track

Apart from the delays, I didn't think it was too bad a meeting, but that might be down to how little I expect from speedway these days. On such a warm day the track was under watered from the start, with dust rising from heat 1. I tend to agree with you shads, maybe it's time this meeting was moved elsewhere.

I was by the startline where there were about a dozen of em. Apart from cheering when James Sarjeant fell they were pretty quiet. Then it all kicked off in heat 20 when Max Clegg & Danny Halsey had a battle for first place. Nothing as bad as I've read from other meetings.

Apart from the cheering then when James fell, just passionate..... must be a real fine line between passionate and out of control then.