British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Glasgow Tigers V Newcastle Diamonds Ko Cup Sunday 28th September At 3pm

I have started this thread early with 10 days to go. Hopefully it will get enough hits to keep it near the top of the list on the forum.

Newcastle have a 16 point lead to take to Glasgow. The riders in both teams will want to extend their season. The winners will meet Edinburgh over two legs in the semis and will have a chance to progress all the way to the silverware.

Newcastle have the dependable Danny King and Stuart Robson plus Lightnin' Ludvig Lindgren at 1,3 and 5. The Diamonds have a British rider and prospect in Lewis Kerr who may score well at Glasgow. We will be using R/R at number two for the injured Lewis Rose. At reserve we have Simon Neilsen. In the other reserve slot in place of the unlucky Chris Mills we will track a guest.

I am going for a Newcastle aggregate win, sorry Glasgow, but I hope you will have voted to stay with the UK. I don't want to see Scotland go! I assume a Scottish Parliament will not interfere with Glasgow and Edinburgh competing with us Sassenachs in speedway! :nono:

Edited by dantodan
  • Like 1

I have started this thread early with 10 days to go. Hopefully it will get enough hits to keep it near the top of the list on the forum.

Newcastle have a 16 point lead to take to Glasgow. The riders in both teams will want to extend their season. The winners will meet Edinburgh over two legs in the semis and will have a chance to progress all the way to the silverware.

Newcastle have the dependable Danny King and Stuart Robson plus Lightnin' Ludvig Lindgren at 1,3 and 5. The Diamonds have a British rider and prospect in Lewis Kerr who may score well at Glasgow. We will be using R/R at number two for the injured Lewis Rose. At reserve we have Simon Neilsen. In the other reserve slot in place of the unlucky Chris Mills we will track a guest.

I am going for a Newcastle aggregate win, sorry Glasgow, but I hope you will have voted to stay with the UK. I don't want to see Scotland go! I assume a Scottish Parliament will not interfere with Glasgow and Edinburgh competing with us Sassenachs in speedway! :nono:

dont worry imo its a stonewaller no vote

dont worry imo its a stonewaller no vote

been watching bbc???

• Like 1

Can a Glasgow fan tell us how well each of your team has been doing at home. Both sides will want to extend their seasons by winning this tie with Auld Reekie coming next up.

a lot will depend on how Rusty is and if he is fit. He is awesome at Ashfield these days with Theo in recent weeks doing his best to challenge for that crown. Kasper too round Ashfield has become quite dominant and we love the fact he cant gate cos it makes for great racing. Consistency is Glasgows problem at home but I would hope they could win - whether by enough is a different question (and one this pessimist reckons is answered no).

My opinion doesnt include the Edinburgh meeting which I missed due to the moving of time to a bizarre 5pm

a lot will depend on how Rusty is and if he is fit. He is awesome at Ashfield these days with Theo in recent weeks doing his best to challenge for that crown. Kasper too round Ashfield has become quite dominant and we love the fact he cant gate cos it makes for great racing. Consistency is Glasgows problem at home but I would hope they could win - whether by enough is a different question (and one this pessimist reckons is answered no).

My opinion doesnt include the Edinburgh meeting which I missed due to the moving of time to a bizarre 5pm

Yes I am a fan of Rusty too. I have been since his early days with the "Comics" I wish him well but hope he cannot make the Diamonds match

Yes I am a fan of Rusty too. I have been since his early days with the "Comics" I wish him well but hope he cannot make the Diamonds match

He was originally ours, but we couldn't fit him in. Came across with a fellow OZ called Clinton ? and went to Glasgow first.

He was originally ours, but we couldn't fit him in. Came across with a fellow OZ called Clinton ? and went to Glasgow first.

Clinton Leitch

• Like 1

Will the Glasgow team be something along the lines of below for this meeting then?!

1. Theo

2. r/r or guest

3. Wolbert

4. Tero

5. Rusty

6. Kasper

7. Victor

Can someone confirm the start time, as I'm sure I heard 5pm over the P.A at Brough last Sunday.

Can someone confirm the start time, as I'm sure I heard 5pm over the P.A at Brough last Sunday.

Need to wait on my newsletter being e-mailed during the week , but I'd be amazed if it wasn't three o clock

Need to wait on my newsletter being e-mailed during the week , but I'd be amazed if it wasn't three o clock

I have to be honest, and say "so would I"!!! When it was announced as 5pm I turned to someone and said "Bloody Hell, It'll be dark!!"

typical Glasgow these days, cant even keep the start time steady. Thats really going to help any Newcastle fans who were thinking on travelling. high time they accepted people dont want the 5pm start and want the regular 3pm rather than 'guess the start time'

typical Glasgow these days, cant even keep the start time steady. Thats really going to help any Newcastle fans who were thinking on travelling. high time they accepted people dont want the 5pm start and want the regular 3pm rather than 'guess the start time'

It's really helpful (or not, as the case may be!), that the Diamonds announced 5pm on Sunday gone, yet the Diamonds website says 3pm!! The BSPA website fixtures says 1500 (i.e 3pm) and the Glasgow website fixtures doesn't have any start time!!!

I'm guessing 3pm., but will wait some kind of official confirmation!

Edited by Steve Park

I've had a request to see if I will put a minibus or coach if we get enough intrest ( as it could be the last match of the year ) so is it 3 or 5pm start please