British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

What does he mean about attendances being up by 100%, or 40% or 30%? Compared with what? It's easy to throw unsubstantiated figures in to make it sound impressive, especially if you're thinking of selling the business and are seeking to justify your own high estimate of its value.

You can talk things up as much as you want but a business is only worth what someone is prepared to pay.

I don't think DH will sell. I think he was just a little disappointed with things at the stage he gave the interview. The sacking of Mads which, I felt was harsh for a 1st time offender. They were maybe sending a message out that they aren't to be messed with fair enough but I felt it put a damper on the end of the season. Then they weren't allowed to have a guest and then all rumblings are that the EL will have a fair fewer meetings next season and he said last year he wanted more meetings. So he is obviously a little disgruntled at the mo. The interview yesterday was a little more up beat than last week.

• Like 2

According to various dictionaries shenanigans means "Secret or dishonest activity or manoeuvring". What has been going on?

Exactly. Shenanigans implies all sorts of ill treatment when the reality is the council simply doing their job, finally, in making sure all planning conditions are fulfilled.

• Like 2

What does he mean about attendances being up by 100%, or 40% or 30%? Compared with what? It's easy to throw unsubstantiated figures in to make it sound impressive, especially if you're thinking of selling the business and are seeking to justify your own high estimate of its value.

I would have said the attendance at both the Wolves meetings this season were double that of last years average. So that could possibly explain the 100% element.

I would have said the attendance at both the Wolves meetings this season were double that of last years average. So that could possibly explain the 100% element.

Or that the attendance for the first Wolves meeting was, by default, 100% more than the corresponding fixture last season.

the last meeting of of the 2013 season i would have said had 300 people max. Going by what i could see on bet365 the last meeting of this season vs Poole was also way over 100% better than that but it still looked a crap turnout from what i could tell. It's all in the detail.

Or that the attendance for the first Wolves meeting was, by default, 100% more than the corresponding fixture last season.

You won't get a GCSE with that level of maths. It was infinity higher than the corresponding meeting last year.

Seriously, why do people who can't do maths argue using numbers?

You won't get a GCSE with that level of maths. It was infinity higher than the corresponding meeting last year.

Seriously, why do people who can't do maths argue using numbers?

You don't know me. You don't know my educational background. You could at least spell 'infinitely' correctly if you're trying to look smart.
  • Like 3

You don't know me. You don't know my educational background. You could at least spell 'infinitely' correctly if you're trying to look smart.

Seriously. When people are wrong do they try and argue the laws of maths. I don't know you, I don't care about your educational background but I do know that 1 or more great that 0 is INFINITY Not 100%. I'm not arguing about a typo but if it makes you feel better, yes, I typed infinity and not infinitely. I could be a cock and try and argue I'm right when all evidence says I'm not but I won't - unlike some.

2 is 100% higher than 1. 6 is 100% higher than 3. 1 is infinitely than 0. 2 is infinitely than 0. 132 is infinitely than 0. 0.1 is infinitely than 0.

Just accept you were wrong

Bomber has gone and proved me wrong with his riding yet again. He has riden like a true hero in the last few Bees meetings. Just hope he can keep it up now that he has found his form again.

But I do wish he would not go into next years GP's. Not sure if it is him or just the fact that his bikes are just that little bit under the weather to what the top riders have in the GP series. Because 9 times out of 10 they just just leave him so far behind them that it makes him look so bad.

But I do wish he would not go into next years GP's.

I wish he wouldn't as well but perhaps it helps with sponsorship if he is a G.P. rider? There must be a good reason why he keeps trying to get in there.

it seems like the Lions website has gone into its usual end of season lips buttoned, no news that we have come to get used to over the past couple of years. Waiting to see when the next post of any useful informations is.

So is it up for sale or does DH want to lease it out ?

He should never of gone into the elite league that was a disaster.

Has it been announced that BP is officially up for sale.

What if no buyer comes about, does this mean that it is the end of the road yet again for the Lions.

Hope not.