British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Like most clubs if somebody approached the Promotor and says can I buy the club for X amount then most would sell it, that is all that has been said if anybody has the money and wants to take over Leicester Speedway then Mr Hemsley will listen.

I don't think he particularly wants to get out but was a little bemused by it all towards end of season, mainly caused by other promotors attitudes,an over zealous council who are very difficult to work with along with injuries to a number of he team. But on the plus he has said they have had a good year financially and with crowd numbers.

Now where did I put that spare million pounds that I won on the lottery

Like most clubs if somebody approached the Promotor and says can I buy the club for X amount then most would sell it, that is all that has been said if anybody has the money and wants to take over Leicester Speedway then Mr Hemsley will listen.

I don't think he particularly wants to get out but was a little bemused by it all towards end of season, mainly caused by other promotors attitudes,an over zealous council who are very difficult to work with along with injuries to a number of he team. But on the plus he has said they have had a good year financially and with crowd numbers.

one million pounds for leicester speedway, Not sure if it would be worth 10% of that to be honest.

Edited by robert72

flagrag , I dont no why you are saying this about the council because they have actualy bent over backwards to help leicester speedway .

This is the same council who were on his side big time during the planning process, and since it opened have turned a blind eye to numerous breaches of the conditions that were approved back in 2009. They have also allowed Beaumont Park to become an appalling eyesore construction industry spoil tipping site, to Leicester Speedway's financial gain, and with no sign of the multi-sports complex they bought in to. My understanding is that following numerous complaints from local residents and local businesses, combined with political gesturing within the council itself about how it had been allowed to develop as it has, the relevant officers are now starting to pay attention to what's happened at BP. That's not being 'over zealous' - more a case of finally doing their job and Leicester Speedway have to comply with the same rules and regulations as anyone else.

To imply it's been a bit of a nightmare to run hardly sounds like a sales pitch though. Who'd buy it anyway? No speedway track is a sound investment these days is it?

Edited by LionsDen

I think this is just speculation, from what DH said in the Mercury. He was a bit piddled off at the time.

Can't see him selling for one minute, maybe take a back seat, but he would still hold all the strings and stop anyone changing the track that he was instumental with.

It was his baby and now he thinks it has grown into a big grown up speedway venue that all the other promoters are green with envy

over.

He states that it one of the best if not the best track in the country.

Eyesore? Blimey! Take a drive down Woodgate!! its like entering a war zone! Smashed up buildings with graffiti, small fires regularly burning, half knocked down buildings part boarded up, burnt out cars, missing roofs, and all sorts of rubbish dumped... Oh, and rough sleepers and junkies aplenty, that's an eyesore...!!

Kye1- I agree the council have given the track a lot of previous support to get it to the stage it is at the minute.

However now I understand they are being rather difficult to deal with and keep trying to find things wrong all the time. Yes I think we all agree the land around it needs to landscaped properly and is unfortunate that the previous outside projects didn't happen.

The counci officers are currently just trying to keep themselves busy often on overtime on Sat nights worried for their jobs in the next round of local goverment cutbacks. Some of the plain stupid things they have said like making everybody wear safety glasses to avoid flying shale,suddenly deciding after 3yrs that the PA speakers were too high,monitoring crowd noise levels then telling club had to put wooden backs on stand crowd noise no where near the football or rugby levels yet nothing is said.Claiming the clubs fans create rubbish around the area what about all the gypsy rubbish that seems to around whenever i visit.I understand there is lots more

He states that it one of the best if not the best track in the country.

Better to be thought an idiot than opens ones mouth and confirm it.

flagrag

The boarding on the stand was a part of the recent planning condition and in fact it does not comply with that condition because it is not an acoustic fence .Best not to say to much about it really because in actual fact none of the acoustic fence at the front of the stadium is up for the original planning consent .

And that applies to the rear of the back straight stand also ?

So Dave & Norrie are determined to secure the services of Doyle for next season and also hope to tempt a current GP rider to join us (according to Lions website). Can't see how it could be anyone but Bomber considering average constraints.

From the report on the Lions website, I would say that it is very, very doubtful that he plans to sell.

He is going to Poland to speak with Jason Doyle to get him back next year, it sounds like at all cost. And also to have a talk with one of the other GP riders to try and get them to ride for the Lions. Who could that be.

It will be very interesting to see who it is and if he manages to get Jason back for next season, I think if he has a half decent team around him next year we will see him back in Lions colours.

As for the land around the stadium, the piece behind the disabled parking spaces like something from a bombed out war zone.

Would be far better to turn it into extra car parking spaces and let them push the stadium out by an extra 20 or so feet. instead of squasing everything into a match box like it is now.

• Like 1