Leicester Lions 2015

Ding ding looney land city central...

Here we go !

We haven't even had the AGM yet and we are already up to 9 pages

And no-one's mentioned track changes yet either! Wait til that kicks in! :lol:

Ding ding looney land city central...

Here we go !

We haven't even had the AGM yet and we are already up to 9 pages

But they have already held the pre-AGM meeting - which is usually to decide the agenda and the issues that require to be voted on in November.

And no-one's mentioned track changes yet either! Wait til that kicks in! :lol:

Are there going to be any then? ;-)

But they have already held the pre-AGM meeting - which is usually to decide the agenda and the issues that require to be voted on in November.

No white smoke yet though !

What average crowd size do Leicester get?

1500 - 2000 ?

Nice that Hemsley is talking to Doyley already about next season & whilst I know it doesn't matter a jot who's assett he is isn't it about time the fans knew what the protocol is with these things.

• Like 2

That won't happen where the uk run on 1 night because most tracks are rented so can only run on certain nights .

As i understand DH has proposed that each club sign 2 no 1 riders which then the club decide who they use for each given match. This would avoid getting a different guest every week & also would not ask for so much commitment from top riders e.g Woffinden & Lindgren share no1 at wolves neither are committed to doing all matches

People seem to be forgetting that the EL may be moving towards midweek speedway next year, so signing any GP rider wouldn't necessarily be a problem - subject to the usual points limitations.

That won't happen where the uk run on 1 night because most tracks are rented so can only run on certain nights .

As i understand DH has proposed that each club sign 2 no 1 riders which then the club decide who they use for each given match. This would avoid getting a different guest every week & also would not ask for so much commitment from top riders e.g Woffinden & Lindgren share no1 at wolves neither are committed to doing all matches

Aren't they going to run less meetings to meet that problem? Or so Jon Cook said at Lakeside

DH & Norrie Allen didn't manage to speak to Jason Doyle at the weekend about signing next year, not a good sign, me thinks, but they did get to speak to other rider who rode in the GP that showed some interest in riding for the Lions next year acording to todays repot on the Lions website.

It looks like it is going to be a case of wait and watch this space on the Lions site.

I think there will be a few after Mr Doyle s signature for next season.

who offers him the most money nturally

who offers him the most money naturally

Edited by zlata prilba

I'm hearing from a friend that BBC Radio Leicester report that Doyle has signed for us.

I'm hearing from a friend that BBC Radio Leicester report that Doyle has signed for us.

Obviously not sure how true that is. Didn't hear it myself.

1500 - 2000 ?

Interesting.

When I've been down it didn't look anything like that but maybe these were just one or two of the lesser crowd sizes.

I was just asking as I wondered how likely the revenue would be able to support another Gp (type of) rider.

Do Leicester break even or make a profit just now?

Interesting.

When I've been down it didn't look anything like that but maybe these were just one or two of the lesser crowd sizes.

I was just asking as I wondered how likely the revenue would be able to support another Gp (type of) rider.

Do Leicester break even or make a profit just now?

I haven't been to every single meeting this year in fact I am short of quite a few but that would be average. Crowds were a bit sparse last season but there has been an increase this year and when Cov or Wolves were in town i'd say more.

I suppose it depends on what other revenue you are working with. If you don't rely on gate receipts solely your attendance can fluctuate.

'Sound financial footing' apparently.