Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Hope someone is finding him some equipment then!!!!

Coventry might have some spare bikes!!

Coventry might have some spare bikes!!

Or a rider currently injured ;)

Fully agree with Weatherwatcher. Jason must be wondering what he's done to deserve this..................again. I too believe he'll be off after this season if he doesn't see any improvement in the team and their league position this season.

On paper we look good.

I think Szymon has a great future ahead of him and I hope he continues to show the early promise.

Greg was doing everything that was expected of him until his accident and it would be nice to see him come back, whenever that will be, and be as effective as he had been.

Bjarne ? Mmmm, not really sure he'll be around for much longer and it's just a case of who will get fed up first. Reading some of the other posts on these forums, it seems that "Pedalo" is the butt of more than a few negative comments about commitment and performance after being touted as a potential Swindon target to finish this season with them as a replacement for another injured rider they don't think will be coming back.

Josh and Simon are doing more than ok aren't they. Lots of effort is being rewarded with points. They have to be happy don't you think?

MM ? Not really had a chance to evaluate him as yet but could be a case of giving the guy a run out. There's not really a lot of point nor is there much choice of replacements around.

Truth be told Mads was never committed to Leicester which you could see in his performances he wanted to be at Kings Lynn not Leicester.

He only fell our with Norrie when he finally got fed up of Mads lack of commitment in the UK being fit abroad but not in UK

When the Lions signed Mads last season you signed a 110% committed rider (or at least he was at Kings Lynn ) for what ever reason it didn't work out I seem to remember him not seeing eye to eye with the team manager -bridges burnt I guess but I'd be trying to build them bridges and re- sign Mads .

Please, please, please think before you post, Josh Auty has been a superstar all season! and has really impressed me with his "never give up" style.... And his gating has improved 100 fold!!!

If you read my post properly I stated that both the reserves had now got used to the track and uped their pace, Aurt was good to start with but he is even getting better now. It is the riders in berth 2 to 5 that are not pulling up enough trees, that said you can take Walasek out of those riders as he was proving he came here to ride, shame he got injured when he did.

Although it was not ideal due to fixture clashes one of Leicesters options of replacements has gone now with Josh Grazonick joining Belle Vue to replace Simon Stead.

The search continues for the replacements

Bridger has been down eastbourne for our NL meetings so maybe he is looking at a return to the sport, maybe sorting gear with dugards, or just watching speedway at track closest to his home?

Probably just watching. Can't see him getting any gear from the Dugards.

Maybe bridger as someone else's bikes sorted for himself ;)

I'm not sure Bridger and Leicester Speedway are a match

Just read the latest news from DH

LEICESTER promoter David Hemsley is keen to provide more in-meeting information to his riders during Elite League fixtures this season.

Hemsley told the Leicester Mercury: I have decided we need to spend more time in the pits area working between the management and the riders to ensure that during the meetings the team receive the most up-to-the-minute information about how the track is changing and

where the best lines are appearing.

Sharing of knowledge and experiences with one another adds confidence and leads to riders racing at their optimum level. The team then benefits as a whole.

I would have thought that this should have been happening anyway. No wonder they lose meetings, if nobody tells each other anything.

I've not heard whether Dave is down in the pits now giving his much needed advice on where the best lines are appearing.. i fear from this latest performance he isn't as i doubt the passing on of his knowledge as a world champion could possibly lead to all those riders taking all those wrong lines on tracks they clearly can't read.. I say bring back Hemsley to pits right now and we'd soon be back to winning ways

Edited by volty

If the management are looking at Bridger, is he a replacement for Pedersen or Michelsen? Without the Danes we appear to have over 14 points to spend on averages. On last seasons averages Bridger is a sub 7 rider which leaves 7 plus for the other rider (subject to their being anyone out there at that level). I seem to recall Norrie saying at the end of the Coventry meeting that he had purposely avoided double up riders in this year's team building, but may now have to relax that when looking at replacements. So, is Bridger competing with a double upper for a second string birth (with other options for a heat leader), or is he being lined up to complete our top 3? The latter scenario would not appear to be what the Lions need to get the season back on track.

I would think Bridger will be coming in as a heat leader. Good luck with that. :lol: He'll probably bust a gut for the first few matches and then go back to his old ways of doing wheelies at the back during races.

• Like 1

With Bridger's average he would go into most EL teams as a heat leader!!

Probably just watching. Can't see him getting any gear from the Dugards.

Well i did agree initially but now it seems i may of been right

Any truth of Mikkel Michelsen getting near to the trap door. Someone commented on it on the speedway updates proboard.

If Norrie Allen's comments on saturday night are anything to go by, it looks like Michelsen's days are numbered. He said if it was up to him he would never sign another Dane after Leicester's problem's over the last 2 seasons with Pedersen, Houggard & Mads & he seem to question Michelsen's attitude after scoring 0 for Lions & then 12 for his Danish team.

• Like 1