British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Chris is brilliant on a good day but total rubbish on a bad day. He seems to be getting more of the bad days now than the good ones.

I personally think the best thing he could do is give up riding in the GP series, he is just not competative enogh riding in that series and it makes he look really a poor rider. Been also watching him ride in the Swedish league and the same goes there, is it just that he dosen't travel well, not sure what the answer to that is.

He is still having some good wins over here and he has turned him self around this season, because last year he was looking like all he could hope to achive was dropping down to the PL.

He has made a great come back this year, I am sure he still has another year or two left in the EL. Them maybe have a go at managing a team, I think he has the right attitude.

The Lions must make sure that they get the right riders this year and not scrape the barrel as they did this year..

They were just there to make up the EL numbers and they had no way of finishing above the bottom places.

I thinkt the management have realised the mistakes they made, but it was the first year in a new league and they had a lot to learn,Hope they have finally realised the mistakes they made and get a really good team together. A team that signs at the start of the season and riders that are the best they can get, plus riders that when they sign, mean to stay for the whole season.

Not just use the EL until thier own leagues start abroad and then leave the club in the lurch.

Hopefully if the management get it right, we will see a Lions team that will finish in the top four places and get into the play offs.

David it is in your hands don't waste it by getting riders that are never going to score more than three or four points a meeting,

Edited by weatherwatcher

Well done to Doyley into the GP for next season.

Let's hope he is back in lions colours next season but I can't see it unless we change the race night.

Probably back at Swindon ?

• Like 2

There were a few carefully worded comments about the 2015 season from DH after the meeting against Poole. What can we read from them!

Amongst other things, he said that the club was financial shape and he would be discussing with Yulia the way forward. He said that there were some things that he wanted to do but others conspired against him and Yulia. He said that there would be speedway at Leicester next season but whether he will be running the show or someone else we shall have to wait and see.

Amongst other things, he said that the club was financial shape and he would be discussing with Yulia the way forward. He said that there were some things that he wanted to do but others conspired against him and Yulia. He said that there would be speedway at Leicester next season but whether he will be running the show or someone else we shall have to wait and see.

Jason Doyle said that if he qualified for the GPs he would work with DH so that he could remain at Leicester. He also thanked DH and Yulia for their hard work in getting him his Permit at the start of the season.

Chris is brilliant on a good day but total rubbish on a bad day. He seems to be getting more of the bad days now than the good ones.

Good. You won't want him then. So we'll keep the the rider with the 4th* highest EL average (with bonus points) for next season then :D

*Not impossible after tomorrow evening he'll be 3rd as hes a gnatts ball behind Zagar.

Jason Doyle said that if he qualified for the GPs he would work with DH so that he could remain at Leicester. He also thanked DH and Yulia for their hard work in getting him his Permit at the start of the season.

What sort of a financial shape? Pear, good, poor?

Well done to Doyley into the GP for next season.

Let's hope he is back in lions colours next season but I can't see it unless we change the race night.

Probably back at Swindon ?

Lets hope so. :D

• Like 1

Simon Stead has just won the PLRC

Well done Steady and tops a great season for Sheffield and the lions.

We need him back with he lions next season along with Doyley,absolutely the top performers this season

Lets hope so. :D

No we need him

You've got PK,we need JD

We need him back with he lions next season along with Doyley,absolutely the top performers this season

No we need him

You've got PK,we need JD

Have to say Leicester worked really hard to sort Jason out with a permit & that in turn has been a big help in his progress culminating in his GP qualification so could understand if Jason stayed with you.

Swindon brought him & chose not to use him so he doesn't have any real loyalty to them anymore.

• Like 1

A Saturday race night is not going to suit a GP rider though is it? He'll miss a few meeting due to GP clashes.

Well done Simon. He has rode really weel this year and Jason as been the real deal and great to see him make it to the GP's. If they keep Jason next year, then maybe they will change to a Friday night but not sure if they don't have practice on a Friday's so still lose him every couple of weeks and then have to bring in geusts again.

Would hate to see it changed to in the week as I think we would lose quite a lot of fans that come with thier children who will have to go to school the next day. I for one know my grandson who comes with me would be shot it next day as it is 11pm before we get back.

There are quite a lot of youngster that come to BP and that is good, so would hate to see them go.

So far it looks like people want Jason and Simon to stay, can't fault that. But who will make up the other places.

The management must already have idea's who they are aiming for, hope they get the right riders for next season, sounds like they are determined to make it a decent time this time around.

• Like 1

Could someone confirm for me that a re-admission ticket from earlier in the season, which I've not been able to use due to other commitments, can be used at the start of the 2015 season?

Thanks in advance.

Coming back to Swindon would be of far more sense to him than remaining at a weekend track....it is all well saying he would work things out but your talking about 10 or 11 meetings they would have to arrange to suit...not easy....thursday's much more suitable...i can understand he wants to repay the work Leicester did on his behalf with his visa but sentiment gets you nowhere in any sport and he is also still very popular at Blunsdon

No we need him
You've got PK,we need JD

Always need JD...with a little coke...

• Like 2

Coming back to Swindon would be of far more sense to him than remaining at a weekend track....it is all well saying he would work things out but your talking about 10 or 11 meetings they would have to arrange to suit...not easy....thursday's much more suitable...i can understand he wants to repay the work Leicester did on his behalf with his visa but sentiment gets you nowhere in any sport and he is also still very popular at Blunsdon

Always need JD...with a little coke...

He ain't going to Swindon..........I'd forget that idea.

What sort of a financial shape? Pear, good, poor?

Sorry, good financial shape. This season was the best yet financially and attendance numbers. Take Note Robert) The FIM event was afinancial disaster witha loss of £7500 and DH will only accept another if it was right for the club.

Well done Simon. He has rode really weel this year and Jason as been the real deal and great to see him make it to the GP's. If they keep Jason next year, then maybe they will change to a Friday night but not sure if they don't have practice on a Friday's so still lose him every couple of weeks and then have to bring in geusts again.

Would hate to see it changed to in the week as I think we would lose quite a lot of fans that come with thier children who will have to go to school the next day. I for one know my grandson who comes with me would be shot it next day as it is 11pm before we get back.

There are quite a lot of youngster that come to BP and that is good, so would hate to see them go.

So far it looks like people want Jason and Simon to stay, can't fault that. But who will make up the other places.

The management must already have idea's who they are aiming for, hope they get the right riders for next season, sounds like they are determined to make it a decent time this time around.

There is always Sundays when there isn't a GP.

Edited by Fanmale

Lord. spare us from months of endless speculation and people claiming to be ITK just to p*&$ other forum members off who hang on heir every word.......

Let the silly season begin

• Like 1