Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

Time for the Panther fans to demonstrate they want speedway. If they don't, they aint got speedway, and they can blame who they want, except themselves of course.

How about a view from the opposite side of the fence?

Time for the BSPa to demonstrate they want fans to go through the turnstiles, by giving them an honestly run sport that provides value for money entertainment.

Then it might not be necessary to get the begging bowl out in order to survive.

• Like 1

The other promotions can't be too enamoured with the start Peterborough have made. No one wants to see a repeat of what happened with Birmingham last season.

Either The people running the club have the money to commit or they don't

• Like 1

Time for the Panther fans to demonstrate they want speedway. If they don't, they aint got speedway, and they can blame who they want, except themselves of course.

It'd be good if each track had to pay the BSPA a 40k supporters funded registration fee each season, then we'd see how much support is out there? We'd be down to a Norfolk hand of tracks before you could say Good old George.

Most fans demonstrate their support by going through the turnstiles every week .

Most fans demonstrate their support by going through the turnstiles every week .

That's not enough for Tsunami! You have to offer to pay double on entry, buy 5 programmes, come up with useful suggestions to keep your club running and also say how you are going to fund those ideas and when? That's what being a true fan is all about. Just turning up on a regular basis for years and paying the basics through all of that time just isn't good enough is it? It's all those fans fault you know, and even more so if it really ends in tears this time.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

I gather from your posts Crump 99 you want to see Peterborough close.Does anybody know if Swales and Rathbone have made a contribution to the fund. One 10 Thousand pledge still leaves 20 Thousand received could be some contribution by them ?

Maybe the new promotion have put x amount in themselves and need another 40k on top of that? It would be a lot easier if the promotion just told people what they had put in just to keep them happy, I don't see how it can do any harm.

I gather from your posts Crump 99 you want to see Peterborough close.Does anybody know if Swales and Rathbone have made a contribution to the fund. One 10 Thousand pledge still leaves 20 Thousand received could be some contribution by them ?

Did you not read #606

"Just to clarify my position on this. I support what's going on because it keeps the club going and that's the only way that we can get back into the EL. I do not support the direction that we've been going in during 2014 & now 2015."

It is the best track in the country with some of the best facilities which is why it should be at the top level of British Speedway. Not being keen about being in the PL again (although to be fair, Lakeside and Belle Vue turning up twice isn't appealing either) is nothing like wanting the club to close.

Edited by Crump99

2015 Swales and Rathbone seem genuine people but are asking for help which seems to happen a lot now.If you want to see speedway you try and back any fund raising activities that are sugested if not you know the concequences. 2014 Horton not many nice coments about him what i have read

• Like 1

I cannot believe all the rubbish written on here regarding who has put in what..at the end of the day they are trying to save our club and I don't see no one else stepping in so why all this rubbish?..why not show some support and be positive?..what will you moan about if you have no club to moan about?

• Like 4

I cannot believe all the rubbish written on here regarding who has put in what..at the end of the day they are trying to save our club and I don't see no one else stepping in so why all this rubbish?..why not show some support and be positive?..what will you moan about if you have no club to moan about?

And people who are willing to donate, thus save the club, are being told they're moaners for daring to ask about how it's all funded. It's not unfair to ask what the two guys running it are putting in. Why not answer the question?

Cant seem to get the Panthers website to work now, tad worrying!

It is a server issue affect all the club website's operating off that particular server....

It is a server issue affect all the club website's operating off that particular server....

It's a DNS issue with Fasthosts.

Loads of their clients affected - not just us.

https://twitter.com/FHTechTeam/with_replies

Also can't even get on their homepage http://www.fasthosts.co.uk at the moment

Nothing we can do but sit and wait for their technical people to fix it.

Maybe the new promotion have put x amount in themselves and need another 40k on top of that? It would be a lot easier if the promotion just told people what they had put in just to keep them happy, I don't see how it can do any harm.

Don't know about Swales, but does anybody think Ged joined the Panthers mid season without putting in something to help finances. Why would he join, and Mick accept him, without a lump being paid. It is my knowledge that he did.

Appealing for more cash to keep a club afloat is to everyone, but obviously( to non Panther fans of course) it doesn't mean everyone will or can donate anything. The alternative of course is not to ask and just close it down. Then the promotion gets more stick for not being in for the long run. FFS.

Simple situation, If you want speedway(at PL level) then some fans that can, need to help out with a donation, sponsorship or some other deal. Folks on here bemoaning the efforts because they really want EL are dreamers in another world. If no PL this year, you can forget EL for ever. IMO.

• Like 3