British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

3.51 for the last rider by my calculations if have both Lamberts as rumoured.

I still think another young British rider is the way I would go, just a shame Greenwood chose Somerset over us.

To be fair ROYNON wasn't too bad at no 2 last year and in 2015 he will be starting at the same time so shouldn't be at a disadvantage as he was this year.

Dick

Not worried what position Adam rides in the team!!

Very worried about carrying weak reserves especially if we depend on them covering for other riders in the team.

Agree on young British rider.

Tel

• Like 1

Young Rob is just the job for Panthers

2528488718.jpg

Robert Lambert has signed for the Peterborough Panthers.

Published on the 09 December

Peterborough Panthers have snapped up one of the hottest properties in speedway this morning (December 9).

Peterborough Panthers have snapped up one of the hottest properties in speedway this morning (Tuesday).

The city club have completed a deal for 16 year-old sensation Robert Lambert, who will race in the Premier League for the first time in the 2015 season.

Lambert shot to prominence when impressing for Elite League side King’s Lynn last season after being thrown into their main body of the Stars’ side.

And Panthers chief Ged Rathbone is convinced the teen ace will thrive at the East of England Showground.

He said: “Giving opportunities to up-and-coming British talents is hugely important to me and Robert certainly fits that bill.

“Every team in the Premier League wanted to get their hands on him for 2015, but we won the race and we’re over the moon about it.

“Signing Robert is a coup for the club because he is no ordinary teenager. He has already proved himself to be a mature and very fast rider – and he will only continue to progress.

“I’m sure he will love racing at the Showground and I’m confident he will also score plenty of points on the road.”

Great Britain Under 21 international Lambert will slot into the Panthers side on a 7.25 average next season.

He joins captain Ulrich Ostergaard (8.00) and the returning Adam Roynon (4.78) as confirmed members of the Peterborough side for next season.

:t:

Edited by Flyin Panther

Dick

Not worried what position Adam rides in the team!!

Very worried about carrying weak reserves especially if we depend on them covering for other riders in the team.

Agree on young British rider.

Tel

I see your point but I would sooner have a good top 4 than a good reserve, it certainly didn't hinder Edinburgh this year.

Don't see Lambert getting close to a 9 point average next season.

He's still far too inconsistent to get 9. He'll have done a good job if he maintains his average. It's ok people getting excited about him but a 5.5 EL average equates to about a 6.5 PL average, throw in a little improvement and 7.5 to 8 would be a great season for him.

Good to see Robert Lambert has signed for Peterborough :D Doing some PL racing will certainly help his development further I think. He'll have a fair few tracks to try and get used to that's for sure!

• Like 1

He's still far too inconsistent to get 9. He'll have done a good job if he maintains his average. It's ok people getting excited about him but a 5.5 EL average equates to about a 6.5 PL average, throw in a little improvement and 7.5 to 8 would be a great season for him.

Having watched Lambert all last season the only thing inconsistent with him was his gating.

Having watched Lambert all last season the only thing inconsistent with him was his gating.

Yes. That is something he still needs help with. Olly Allen anyone? :P He's one rider that can make a good gate most, if not all of the time! And that's half the battle over with!

Robert Lambert = next Tai Woffinden! :t:

I try not to compare him with anyone. He's Robert Lambert from a little village in Norfolk ;) He has a long way to go and a lot to learn yet before he reaches that stage. I know some don't like his attitude, even now, so hopefully he will mature over the years and learn from any mistakes he may make along the way. With any young adult, he needs a bit of guidance.

• Like 1

Potentially a very good signing by Peterborough, hopefully his weekend continental commitments won't get in the way, and there won't be many fixture clashes with Kings Lynn as I would imagine they would have first call on his services.

Yeah sure.

I'm not keen on people bigging the boy up too much but by the same token you seem to have made your mind up about him negatively based on very limited experience of watching him race. I believe he has as much natural ability as Woffinden and Ward at the same age BUT he has a long way to go to emulate them. I think it's best if people leave him be to develop at his own pace and have an open mind about what he can achieve given time.

Things have certainly changed at Peterborough! Since when did Peterborough become Kings Lynn's bitches?

EOES, the new training school for the EL Kings Lynn Stars. Any other unpolished gems you want to throw their way to train up Lynn fans? :lol:

You'll now get all the Lynn fans on these threads now checking on how "their" boy is coming along.

Edited by ZODIAK

Things have certainly changed at Peterborough! Since when did Peterborough become Kings Lynn's bitches?

EOES, the new training school for the EL Kings Lynn Stars. Any other unpolished gems you want to throw their way to train up Lynn fans? :lol:

You'll now get all the Lynn fans on these threads now checking on how "their" boy is coming along.

Sadly this is the case.