British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

hmm bspa in clarity shocker :)

Who decided the wildcards for the british final rob?? And why do the bspa hardly communicate with the fans or explain how things are done/decided..??

Can you also explain Kurtz and MPT averages for us fans?? Pleas

the wildcards were done the fairest way on the riders that just missed out ,the word wildcard should be removed ,the reserves for the gp were decided by bsi we had nothing to do with that ,the kurtz average was before my time and the mpt average was a presedence set a few years earlier when we encouraged pl riders to move up to the el and if it didnt work out we would protect there pl ave for a year.Ryan fisher used this rule to re enter the pl if i remember so mpt was entitled to do the same

• Like 3

the wildcards were done the fairest way on the riders that just missed out ,the word wildcard should be removed ,the reserves for the gp were decided by bsi we had nothing to do with that ,the kurtz average was before my time and the mpt average was a presedence set a few years earlier when we encouraged pl riders to move up to the el and if it didnt work out we would protect there pl ave for a year.Ryan fisher used this rule to re enter the pl if i remember so mpt was entitled to do the same

thank you... kurtz was just last season??

Why have wildcards if they are going to the 2 next place men?.. Didnt kennet get one a couple of years ago and he wasnt the next in line?? Its not consistent rob, and all fans would like is a short explanation and i thank you for yours.

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

You're kidding? Lambert allowed to double up despite NOT having a PL average at the start of the season. Palm Toft on 5.25 when the rules say he should be 7.50. The BSPA have done all they can to help Peterborough this season.

Shame they weren't so helpful when Frost was at the helm.

• Like 2

Maybe Ged doesn't know the rules?

Ged doesn't even no what time his next home meeting starts as the start time changes daily .

You're kidding? Lambert allowed to double up despite NOT having a PL average at the start of the season. Palm Toft on 5.25 when the rules say he should be 7.50. The BSPA have done all they can to help Peterborough this season.

spot on post - typical Pboro toys thrown out of the pram when things don't go there way . BSPA have done nothing wrong in this instance .

Ged doesn't even no what time his next home meeting starts as the start time changes daily .

spot on post - typical Pboro toys thrown out of the pram when things don't go there way . BSPA have done nothing wrong in this instance .

I don't see toys out of the pram. The BSPA has done nothing wrong you say but you highlight their inconsistencies and ignorance of their own rules (according to what's in the public domain). The only mistake Peterborough have made once again is making plans allegedly on verbal advice from the usual Secret Squirrel at the BSPA whilst forgetting that they might actually stick to a rule if the BSF points out where they are going wrong! How would you react to that if you were the boss? Doubt that you'd just sit there and say that's how the cookie crumbles.

Just in case you didn't read this bit:

Rathbone said: “Ourselves and Jacob are devastated the move has been blocked as we were all led to believe he would be eligible to ride in the Premier League.

“What I have to stress is there is no wrongdoing here on the part of the Peterborough management.

“A member of the BSPA management committee, who I won’t name, suggested we tried to sign Jacob after we had initially enquired about the availability of another rider.

“We proceeded to complete a deal with Jacob only for the BSPA management committee to then block it.

“It was obviously an oversight on that individual’s part, but it is one which is extremely disappointing to say the least.

www.peterboroughpanthers

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3

I don't see toys out of the pram. The BSPA has done nothing wrong you say but you highlight their inconsistencies and ignorance of their own rules (according to what's in the public domain). The only mistake Peterborough have made once again is making plans allegedly on verbal advice from the usual Secret Squirrel at the BSPA whilst forgetting that they might actually stick to a rule if the BSF points where they are going wrong! How would you react to that if you were the boss? Doubt that you'd just sit there and say that's how the cookie crumbles.

Just in case you didn't read this bit:

Rathbone said: Ourselves and Jacob are devastated the move has been blocked as we were all led to believe he would be eligible to ride in the Premier League.

What I have to stress is there is no wrongdoing here on the part of the Peterborough management.

A member of the BSPA management committee, who I wont name, suggested we tried to sign Jacob after we had initially enquired about the availability of another rider.

We proceeded to complete a deal with Jacob only for the BSPA management committee to then block it.

It was obviously an oversight on that individuals part, but it is one which is extremely disappointing to say the least.

www.peterboroughpanthers

toys have been thrown out of pram by many fans on here and social media - and as I've said this rule was made last November and it's been stuck to rightly so .

Explain then how Danny King, Craig Cook, Josh Grajczonek, Nick Morris, Richard Lawson, Simon Stead etc were all allowed to ride in the BPL when they all achieved an average of more than 6 in 2014s BEL.

Explain then how Danny King, Craig Cook, Josh Grajczonek, Nick Morris, Richard Lawson, Simon Stead etc were all allowed to ride in the BPL when they all achieved an average of more than 6 in 2014s BEL.

Because they had a 2014 Premier League average.

SR18.6.4 If a Rider has only an EL Established MA from the previous season, which must not exceed 6.00, then a conversion is necessary; the EL MA is multiplied by 1.4.

toys have been thrown out of pram by many fans on here and social media - and as I've said this rule was made last November and it's been stuck to rightly so .

So it's a few mouthy fans on the internet that have got your goat and not Peterborough Speedway itself? Well I can't help with that one. I look forward to this new transparent BSPA who stick to all of their rules and clarify why they have made those and associated decisions.

As with Batchelor/Andersen gate, the only thing that Ged needs to learn is that verbal communications from the BSPA mean jack and just gives them an easy way out if it gets a bit hot in the kitchen.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

If that's correct Neil, why is Rathbone saying we can only sign a second string ?

I think that we need the stuff not written down Neil from this Rob bloke whoever he is? What you can actually find out yourself is usually open to interpretation it would seem depending on sub clause within a rule which has yet to be agreed.

• Like 1

Shame they weren't so helpful when Frost was at the helm.

He'd got clout and they didn't like that

• Like 2