British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

Looks like Sheffield in the play offs, & should be a very close couple of matches with 2 evenly matched teams in my opinion.

Looking at the possible play off teams if they were against any of the other teams Peterborough wouldn't have much chance of progression

Looking at the possible play off teams if they were against any of the other teams Peterborough wouldn't have much chance of progression

7 100% fit riders and they'd have a chance of beating anybody , Grondal could/ should be a big success at reserve , M.P.T is capable of beating anybody when on song (don't know why hes so slow at the min) but if ostergaard and lambert aren't fit come play off time I agree we'll struggle to beat anybody

SUPREMO SPEAKS

Friday September 04, 2015

rathbone_ged.jpg

PROMOTER Ged Rathbone believes Peterborough are genuine Premier League title contenders.

The Readypower Panthers are guaranteed a place in the play-offs but continue to battle for second place and a direct route into the semi-finals with three meetings remaining in the regular season.

The first of those is tomorrow (Saturday) when they entertain fellow title hopefuls Somerset at the East of England Showground (7pm).

"This is the business end of the season and we have a realistic chance of fighting for the title," said Rathbone, in an interview with BBC Radio Cambridgeshire.

"I don't think too many people would have believed it if we said we would be in this position at the beginning of the season, but we have worked very hard to get here."

Rathbone also spoke about his expectations of a thrilling clash against Somerset, and the recent captures of Ben Barker and Anders Thomsen, who makes his debut tomorrow.

7 100% fit riders and they'd have a chance of beating anybody , Grondal could/ should be a big success at reserve , M.P.T is capable of beating anybody when on song (don't know why hes so slow at the min) but if ostergaard and lambert aren't fit come play off time I agree we'll struggle to beat anybody

Edinburgh

Lost at home to them they had four riders that day effectively, present Peterboro team wouldn't win at Armdale again.

Ipswich

Thrashed by them recently at Foxhall they also won at the showground and have riders who ride the showground better than Peterboro riders

Plymouth

Good solid team who all ride the showground well as results have shown.

Glasgow

Ditto Plymouth

Edinburgh

Lost at home to them they had four riders that day effectively, present Peterboro team wouldn't win at Armdale again.

Ipswich

Thrashed by them recently at Foxhall they also won at the showground and have riders who ride the showground better than Peterboro riders

Plymouth

Good solid team who all ride the showground well as results have shown.

Glasgow

Ditto Plymouth

I agree with this assessment of four of the play-off teams. I have seen us well beaten at home by three of them and we only just got the better of Glasgow. Also, on recent form I think we are unlikely to beat anybody home or away. I would therefore be pleasantly surprised if we won more than one of our remaining league fixtures let alone progress in the play-offs. After a great start to the season it is just unfortunate that we have lost so many riders to injury and retirement and end of season form has been poor. I look forward to the meeting tomorrow evening but expect that Somerset will be too strong for us.

i am voting for robert lambert. t least you know what he is going to do at meetings.

• Like 1

i am voting for robert lambert. t least you know what he is going to do at meetings.

What ?

Not turn up? :rofl:

on a serious note - my man of the season has to be Simon Lambert..... a great season! :t:

Wouldn't even have made my shortlist pre-season but wouldn't disagree with my looney friend :)

• Like 1

Fair enough but its getting him there in the first place that has proved at bit of a problem.

I agree..just hope he takes it into the play offs..as his last few meetings have been poor by the standard he has set.

Any news on how Ulrich is? He slid off in his last ride last night and although it looked like a simple "get up and walk away" crash he was down quite a while and then limped off badly with boot removed?

Best Wishes to him, hopefully nothing serious :t:

Sorry - should have checked your website first - being a Redcar fan I'm not used to news being on so quick :wink:

Edited by northyorksbear

CAPTAIN HURT

Friday September 11, 2015

ostergaard_ulrich.jpg

PETERBOROUGH captain Ulrich Ostergaard has been caught up in an injury scare.

The Premier League Riders' Championship king is due to go to hospital in his native Denmark today (Friday) after a crash last night.

Ostergaard hit the deck in the semi-finals of the South Tees Silver Helmet at former club Redcar as he chased another big individual prize.

It was initially thought he suffered a badly twisted ankle, but Ostergaard remained in discomfort as he returned to his homeland this morning.

Supremo Ged Rathbone, who was present at the meeting, said: "Ulrich was able to walk away from the crash and had some treatment from the paramedics.

"He was still in plenty of pain though so he is going to get checked over when he gets back to Denmark.

"Hopefully it is nothing to serious as the last thing we need is another injury problem so close to the play-offs."

Panthers entertain Scunthorpe at the East of England Showground on Sunday (3pm) in their final meeting of the

If you're going to edit it, at least correct your special friend's English :wink: "Hopefully it is nothing to serious"