British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

Well Robert Lambert was speaking to our promoters when we were at Rye the other night so if he was owed any money he could have asked them then!! What's it got to do with ashtree123 anyway

well said :t:

sh!t stirring little Moron! :mad:

Edited by Flyin Panther

Would of expected Thomsen to be at Glasgow but I think he rides in Poland which may stop him riding for either Glasgow or Peterboro

Anders will i assume be offered a return to his parent club really depend's on the ££££££ he is offered to make it worth his while .

Edited by Gazc

Would of expected Thomsen to be at Glasgow but I think he rides in Poland which may stop him riding for either Glasgow or Peterboro

I would happily give up Sunday race meetings at home to accommodate him in our team in 2016 so he can race in Poland.

• Like 1

I would happily give up Sunday race meetings at home to accommodate him in our team in 2016 so he can race in Poland.

Yep i would agree with that the boy is going far but on his average i would hope we see him back at Glasgow next season it is a no brainer.

Yes but how would you stop him then signing for Glasgow with there financial clout only way ask Rick for a loan? or prey he prefers the wide open spaces of the showground, one good sign is hes changing his travel plans for thursday to ride at Sheffield

In truth still think he would end up at Glasgow

Yep i would agree with that the boy is going far but on his average i would hope we see him back at Glasgow next season it is a no brainer.

If he races in Poland as we all expect would Glasgow be willing to change race day to accommodate him? - I don't see that as a problem at Peterborough as it's never been our traditional race day - I would actually prefer if it wasn't in future regardless of who we sign and I know I am not the only Panthers fan of this opinion.

• Like 2

If he races in Poland as we all expect would Glasgow be willing to change race day to accommodate him? - I don't see that as a problem at Peterborough as it's never been our traditional race day - I would actually prefer if it wasn't in future regardless of who we sign and I know I am not the only Panthers fan of this opinion.

As i said would really depend on the money offered to make it worthwhile for him to return to Glasgow but it is all hypothetical at the moment.

It's not week is it..... its play off '2 months' as the Quarter finals for Glasgow vs Plymouth, is first week in October.

Edited by Panthers89
  • Like 1

Looks like it's on the bspa site so going ahead on the 17th..... any team news?

Where the "missing 3"?

For once looks like EL have got the play offs right.

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Robert Lambert surely would make a good guest for Ostergarrd. He should know the quickest way around The Showground.

Barker won't be back next year I doubt. I'm sure he's already stated that he would like to go back to Berwick.

PETERBOROUGH have been forced to launch their Premier League play-off challenge against their will.

Promoter Ged Rathbone has described the decision to insist a quarter-final first leg clash at Sheffield goes ahead on Thursday as a ‘kick in the teeth for our team, our supporters and the sport as a whole’.

The Readypower Panthers refused to agree to race on that date due to having three riders – Ben Barker, Anders Thomsen and Emil Grondal – unavailable ahead of major weekend meetings in the Czech Republic.

But, after long discussions involving rival promoter Damien Bates and the British Speedway Promoters’ Association (BSPA), Rathbone has been told his team must appear at Owlerton.

Rathbone said: “To say I’m furious is an understatement. I thought it took the agreement of two promoters for a meeting to be staged, but in this case we have been dictated to.

“We have worked morning, noon and night since stepping in to keep the club going last October only to be hit with such a ridiculous situation.

“We’ve spoken to the Sheffield promoter by telephone and email on numerous occasions, but he simply will not budge.

"Even members of the BSPA Management Committee sympathise with our predicament, but there is nothing they can do as no rule is in place to cover a situation like this.

"The thing which has really incensed me is that the other quarter-final between Plymouth and Glasgow has not even been arranged as yet - and, from the information I have, may not take place until October."

However, Peterborough have received a huge boost with World Under 21 finalists Thomsen and Grondal, and Barker, who is due to compete in the prestigious Golden Helmet meeting, all vowing to represent their club in the battle for honours.

Rathbone added: “The guys have all agreed to change their plans ahead of major weekend meetings to be at Sheffield.

"We have pulled out all the stops at great expense to the club to ensure we have the strongest possible team, but unfortunately we cannot change the fact we will be missing supporters due to the short notice at which this meeting has been arranged.

“All we can do now is approach the meeting in a professional manner and with the full intention of getting a result.

“Our riders will need no motivating on Thursday and I think it is safe to say that our team-talk has already been written for us.

“Let’s just hope the game being played by Sheffield backfires.”

Peterborough have earmarked September 25 and 27 as possible dates to stage the second leg at the East of England Showground.

That's taken from the club website...

So the missing 3 aren't missing then. ...?

The promotion were only thinking about the vast amount of travelling fans!

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

Don't think Thomsen will ride in the Premier League next season. Would be a very good top 5 signing for an Elite League team next year if they use his converted average.