British Speedway Forum

Well it is that time again when we look to the next campaign, evaluate performances. While I understand our end of season knees-up is still to come I wonder if plans are afoot for 2015.

While I am quick to stress 2014 was a big improvement I hope we can keep that up next year.

Of the current 7..

Vissing isn't a Number 1 but at 3 or 5 yes

Bellego Get rid

Doolan Picked up at the end of the season- wouldn't bother personally nice guy but only turns up in August.

Jensen He's the type of rider Berwick fans love like Jade Mudgway I'd retain though I don't think he will be a 9 point man

Kus - I would retain in the middle order

Wethers - Had two good years, probably wouldn't

Edberg - Ive been impressed truth be told Retain

Who do we bring in?

Failings? No number One, Inconsistancy

Strengths? Having a good reserve

What would you do? Come on

Edited by JBunyanRacingChampion

Well it is that time again when we look to the next campaign, evaluate performances. While I understand our end of season knees-up is still to come I wonder if plans are afoot for 2015.

While I am quick to stress 2014 was a big improvement I hope we can keep that up next year.

Of the current 7..

Vissing isn't a Number 1 but at 3 or 5 yes

Bellego Get rid

Doolan Picked up at the end of the season- wouldn't bother personally nice guy but only turns up in August.

Jensen He's the type of rider Berwick fans love like Jade Mudgway I'd retain though I don't think he will be a 9 point man

Kus - I would retain in the middle order

Wethers - Had two good years, probably wouldn't

Edberg - Ive been impressed truth be told Retain

Who do we bring in?

Failings? No number One, Inconsistancy

Strengths? Having a good reserve

What would you do? Come on

jason Bunyan?

Well, as this season is now over, I think this has been started at a good time for the mighties fans to discuss before tapes up in March. I predict an easy 100 pages over this thread before we get to that stage, let the arguments begin....

For me:

Vissing- had an overall very good season, started like a house on fire at no5, but been found out at no1, particularly away from home, but that's not his fault as he is simply not a no 1. I would retain next year so long as he is not at no1 and he has a no1 to take the pressure away from him. Retain.

Bellego- not for the first season I really epected Bellego to kick on this year, but again, not for the first season he really hasn't kicked on. Inconsistency is a major down fall and I feel a year away from Berwick would maybe help. It was no coinscedence when his form for Ostrow was at its best mid season, his form for Berwick was not, so I would suggest Poland is a bigger priority for him. Get rid.

Doolan- done what Doolan does, started slowly, albeit in the no 1 position, but has slowly found some form, particularly of late and particularly at home. Been a passenger to often for my liking on the road and in the big matches away, but then again the entire team are guilty of that. I have a feeling he will be retained because hes one of the boys and has finished well, and that will cloud the promotions judgement. In my opinion I would not retain as he certainly wouldn't improve any and that's what you need. Get rid.

Jensen- I think we can now safely say those who predicted a 9pt ave for Steen at the start of the year were wrong. He has been good value at times but also been woeful at times. Having watched him at places like Redcar I think its safe to say Berwick is not his track. I would not retain him next year as I don't see any improvement on his current average and he has to many duff meetings at home. Get rid.

Kus- had a good season visually, although his ave has dropped I believe? He is a no 2 or 4, or an outstanding reserve. If he could be fitted into any of those roles next year then I would retain, if not, get rid. All in all I would like to see Matej back and I think its a certainty he will be as hes on a 2 year deal. Retain.

Weathers- been garbage most of the season, particularly on the road. I think he will retire anyways but if not, I hope he does not return. Get rid.

Edberg- not seen much of him since he came back, but he seems slightly more consistent than the first time around. From what I hear as well his Dad is keen to be of service so I think its almost certain he will be back next year, and as long as he is not the main reserve that will be fine as he is capable of chipping in, and if getting confidence sky high I think theres is improvement on his ave. Retain.

Bit quick off mark for 2015, but since here will voice my opinion for what it worth.

Vissing worth keeping

Bellego probably needs a year away . Think has stagnated a bit.

Doolan done what he was brought in to do but would look at change here.

Kus keep . Proved he is a quality rider and has got his confidence back. Not number 1 but decent heat leader 3 or 5.

Wethers been good for club and done all expected but one i would lose.

Edberg looks better and still improving keep.

Jensen been stunning at times and poor at times. But overall worth keeping. Only prob is equipment i think seems to have one bike not as good as other.

So thats four riders

Vissing

Kus

Edberg

Jensen

I would consider couple of existing assets if available and commited

Barret

Alden

Possibly even pepe but commitment must be there. Was going to suggest berge but as i come from glasgow originally and still go up road i cant afford paulco and gang taking out a contrat on me. Lol

Bit quick off mark for 2015, but since here will voice my opinion for what it worth.

Vissing worth keeping

Bellego probably needs a year away . Think has stagnated a bit.

Doolan done what he was brought in to do but would look at change here.

Kus keep . Proved he is a quality rider and has got his confidence back. Not number 1 but decent heat leader 3 or 5.

Wethers been good for club and done all expected but one i would lose.

Edberg looks better and still improving keep.

Jensen been stunning at times and poor at times. But overall worth keeping. Only prob is equipment i think seems to have one bike not as good as other.

So thats four riders

Vissing

Kus

Edberg

Jensen

I would consider couple of existing assets if available and commited

Barret

Alden

Possibly even pepe but commitment must be there. Was going to suggest berge but as i come from glasgow originally and still go up road i cant afford paulco and gang taking out a contrat on me. Lol

Not sure Alden and commitment go together, walked away from the UK too many times.

If Berwick could get a decent No1 home and away it would transform them however that is easier said than done with an ever reducing number of riders in that category.

Bringing Seb back ( if he hasn't retired ) would be a mistake , he's yesterdays news and was a bit hit and miss at times. Berwick should look for some new blood , Andres Thomsen would be a good option if he's still keen to race over here . As for the rest of the current septet of riders I'd definitely keep Kus & Jensen , Vissing and Doolan are possibles depending on the make up of the team Claus isn't a No1 IMHO and Doolan would be decent 2nd string but he's no more than that , I think that Matty might call it day at the end of the season now that he's married he's got others to consider and his lates crash make help him make his mind up as he's not our rider it's not our decision anyway but I don't see Edinburgh using him . The jury is still out for me on Alex looks good at times but at others times he's awful .

Bringing Seb back ( if he hasn't retired ) would be a mistake , he's yesterdays news and was a bit hit and miss at times. Berwick should look for some new blood , Andres Thomsen would be a good option if he's still keen to race over here . As for the rest of the current septet of riders I'd definitely keep Kus & Jensen , Vissing and Doolan are possibles depending on the make up of the team Claus isn't a No1 IMHO and Doolan would be decent 2nd string but he's no more than that , I think that Matty might call it day at the end of the season now that he's married he's got others to consider and his lates crash make help him make his mind up as he's not our rider it's not our decision anyway but I don't see Edinburgh using him . The jury is still out for me on Alex looks good at times but at others times he's awful .

Edberg is not my favourite rider, but to be fair to the lad he has done a decent job since coming into the team, he replaced Liam Carr and I think there`s not doubt he has scored more than Carr would've. Also there are other attractions to getting Edberg into the team.

Maybe a reserve pairing of Edberg and Barrett, both Berwick assets.

Heard we might be getting Theo,

• Like 1

Edberg is not my favourite rider, but to be fair to the lad he has done a decent job since coming into the team, he replaced Liam Carr and I think there`s not doubt he has scored more than Carr would've. Also there are other attractions to getting Edberg into the team.

Maybe a reserve pairing of Edberg and Barrett, both Berwick assets.

What would your team be?

Not entirely sure on averages as I cant be bothered to work them out, but what about something like....

1.Richard Lawson

2. Matej Kus

3.Claus Vissing

4. Edward Krcmar

5.Sam Masters

6.Hugh Skidmore/Nico Covatti

7.Alex Edberg/Anders Thompsen

No doubt most people will want Doolan and maybe even Pepe Franc back because there good blokes and a right laugh in the pub, but I feel the team I have suggested would do very well if it fits.

Not entirely sure on averages as I cant be bothered to work them out, but what about something like....

1.Richard Lawson

2. Matej Kus

3.Claus Vissing

4. Edward Krcmar

5.Sam Masters

6.Hugh Skidmore/Nico Covatti

7.Alex Edberg/Anders Thompsen

No doubt most people will want Doolan and maybe even Pepe Franc back because there good blokes and a right laugh in the pub, but I feel the team I have suggested would do very well if it fits.

at least 5 points too high, basically drop Lawson for a 3 pointer.