British Speedway Forum

Agree with this, though we already have a new rider in Garcia, having another one may be to much of a gamble but like you say if there`s no reliable or available riders out there maybe a gamble that pays off could fire the team into play off contention.

Ben & Claus are difficult to replace anyway on their averages so making the top 6 is now harder than ever, Watching Garcia and a new 7.00 (or 2 depending how long claus is out) for the rest of the season will add much more interest than watching guests. I agree that we could be weaker but would rather have 7 bandits than guests every week.

I would stick with guests if its the case of just bringing someone in for the sake of it, its always good to have 7 of our own riders but if these 7 riders include 2 on assessed that isnt near their assessed average then the season will go downhill quicky, thats why i believe Seb or another established rider would be better for us although the options are very limited

Very dangerous to bring in a new "asset" who may be untried at this stage of the season and given the current state of the club. Far better to continue with guests, or a proven rider like Seb Alden. The club can't afford to have a "settling in" period for any riders, too many fans would vote with their feet, this could be fatal.

I see in the Speedway Star Jake Allen won an individual meeting in Australia last week, beating Mason Campton and Ty Proctor in the final. In an ideal world it would be nice to bring in the likes of Jake Allen, building the asset base for the future, but the club can't afford to take any risks.

Very dangerous to bring in a new "asset" who may be untried at this stage of the season and given the current state of the club. Far better to continue with guests, or a proven rider like Seb Alden. The club can't afford to have a "settling in" period for any riders, too many fans would vote with their feet, this could be fatal.

I see in the Speedway Star Jake Allen won an individual meeting in Australia last week, beating Mason Campton and Ty Proctor in the final. In an ideal world it would be nice to bring in the likes of Jake Allen, building the asset base for the future, but the club can't afford to take any risks.

Jake Allan ? Visa ?

Spoke to jake on facebool has a visa in place stumbling block was 7point average

• Like 1

Campton retired from the race with a blown up engine. Seeing Allen in the winter he is a bit off PL standard. Would struggle over here due to the technicality of the tracks. Edited by Jeanzi

Jeanzi, one rider who has been talked about in the Speedway Star is Jye Etheridge, who is supposedly coming over to Britain this summer to put himself in the shop window. Have you seen him? what sort of level would you rate him? Any other good riders coming through in Australia, who have hit a rich seam lately?

Any news on Ben's progress from injury.

Some better news on Ben, he has so far been recovering from his back injuries in a hospital in Wolverhampton but is now to be moved to a hospital much nearer his Cornish home.

• Like 4

Some better news on Ben, he has so far been recovering from his back injuries in a hospital in Wolverhampton but is now to be moved to a hospital much nearer his Cornish home.

Thanks

Congratulations to Berwick`s Leon Flint who finished 3rd in today`s British 125cc Championship at Peterborough.

Congratulations to Berwick`s Leon Flint who finished 3rd in today`s British 125cc Championship at Peterborough.

Hopefully he will be part of the long term future of the club. I know I am going against everything in speedway's nature and looking to the future, but he looks a fine prospect.

• Like 1

Richard Hall is a World Champion, having skippered the GB side to the World Long-Track Team Title in Germany yesterday.

Can anyone say if the Bandits have ever before had a real live current FIM World Champion at any track-racing discipline in their team?

Richard Hall is a World Champion, having skippered the GB side to the World Long-Track Team Title in Germany yesterday.

Can anyone say if the Bandits have ever before had a real live current FIM World Champion at any track-racing discipline in their team?

Wasn't Nicki Barrett a former 80cc world champion? That's the closest I can think of. Obviously that wasn't current at the time. Edited by mythman666

I thought one of the visa problems was riders on a holiday visa having a runout in the 2nd half, though I suppose it's very different if you have Patriality.