British Speedway Forum

This may not in anyway be a threat to all activity at Owlerton Stadium, but I have seen a message on Facebook in regard to a gathering at 5.30pm on Saturday, November 29 protesting at a closure. My assumption is that it may just be greyhound lovers in an action against group/groups who may want to halt the four-legged sport.

Can anyone clarify this mater please. Thank you.

It appears to be a fund raising exercise by a group called Caged Northwest, to pay for an advert in the Daily Mirror to protest about greyhound racing in the UK.

Thank you for the response.

okay seeing you asked so nicely i did. Sheffield are the only club he follows.

As i said earlier it may jut be a coincidence that he has started following the 3 i have stated above and ty proctor since then.

cheers.

I posed a question a few days ago in the international section about how much riding he has been doing in his 'speedway comeback' but havent seen a response.

Found this at heffernanmotorsports.com. Unfortunately, it doesn't say much. Good for Aussie news though.

"The return to speedway of former World road race Moto 3 competitor Arthur Sissis certainly has people buzzing. The quietly spoken 19 year old is a natural on a speedway bike having won three Under 16 Australian titles before turning his hand to the asphalt. A UK career is on the cards and we will have more detail on that in coming weeks."

Also at heffernanmotorsports.com:-

Congratulations to well known former West Australian rider Steve Johnston on the birth of his first child, a boy, Alexander Paul Johnston. Alex was born today (13/11) just before 2pm WA time. Johnno is an absolute champion and this is a wonderful time for his family – congratulations!

• Like 1

This may not in anyway be a threat to all activity at Owlerton Stadium, but I have seen a message on Facebook in regard to a gathering at 5.30pm on Saturday, November 29 protesting at a closure. My assumption is that it may just be greyhound lovers in an action against group/groups who may want to halt the four-legged sport.

Can anyone clarify this mater please. Thank you.

It appears to be a fund raising exercise by a group called Caged Northwest, to pay for an advert in the Daily Mirror to protest about greyhound racing in the UK.

Thank you for the response.

I have just seen on Facebook that a counter protest to "SAVE OWLERTON" for speedway and small oval car racing has been called for the same time with an invite to motorsport followers to go along.

It is organised by Mr Michael Jones and is scheduled to start at 5.30pm today.

Edited by Guest

Arthur Sissis the next signing maybe?

might just be a coincidence but has has just started following Damien Bates, Sheffield speedway and Simon Stead on twitter in the last day or so.

in that case Risager followed George English the day he got released by Ippo i think it was :(

in that case Risager followed George English the day he got released by Ippo i think it was :(

dont worry Morten favourited the signing of Danny which meant he didnt have a place!

I get the feeling he likes a bit of a joke.

Come on Morten follow the Monarchs next!

I wonder if Cookie will follow Workington

He already does!!

And Manchester United!!

And Stal Gorzow!

And Edinburgh Monarchs!!

So what does it prove?!!

he is a sporty kind of guy..

he is a sporty kind of guy....... nice to see worky top of the list.. monarchs beaten at last lol.

Dunno if this 7 has been done but what about

1.Simon Stead

2.Ashley Birks

3.David Bellego

4.Taylor Poole

5.Ty Proctor

6.Ben Wilson

7Josh Bates

Total 42.41

I think would be very hard to beat at home

Thoughts people

Where was George going that deserved to be followed??

• Like 1

Dunno if this 7 has been done but what about

1.Simon Stead

2.Ashley Birks

3.David Bellego

4.Taylor Poole

5.Ty Proctor

6.Ben Wilson

7Josh Bates

Total 42.41

I think would be very hard to beat at home

Thoughts people

I think your 1-5 is pretty much what the majority want to see along with Bates at 7.

The toss up is the number 6 spot? Sissis, Roynon, Lanham, Covatti, Wilson or Hall.

I initially wanted to see Lanham as the senior reserve but the more I think about it, and I can't believe I'm saying it but I think Hall is the one for me!

The teams being built to win and entertain at home. Well other than Stead there's no one better round Sheffield than Hall and he may even be the most entertaining rider round Owllerton.

He wouldn't be brought in as second heat leader as previous but reserve. He should bang the points in. Even if he moves into the main body that means any of the other riders would be strong enough to cover the reserve spot.

I know he's not good away but if we can build confidence as a team at home we'll surely pick up points on the road.

Edited by Friddy75

Richard Hall at Reserve around Sheffield could be very Dangerous

Personally i would rather see some new Blood in the Sheffield Team like the Australian Talent Sisses or what ever his name is

Sheffield need to go back to the days of 99-2002 when Sheffield dominated at home and won the League Twice