British Speedway Forum

I had a look back at the part of the thread when Arthur signed for the club and most if not all of the big talk came from non Sheffield fans.

The result in Aussie Under 21's is a cause for concern I don't think we should panic yet, lets get him over here and see what he can do.

One thing we don't know is the standard of equipment he has been riding over in Aussie,

I keep reading that he is on very good money, well if he is not scoring the points then he not earning so not concerned about that.

End of the day lets get over here, lets see what he can do when he gets over here before we all start jumping the gun and calling a failure before he has even got over here.

At the end of the day if it is not right the Promotion will with and change things if need be.

That's a good point. Still a couple of months until the season starts to prepare and I'm pretty sure what he was riding over there won't be what he'll be riding over here in March.

That's a good point. Still a couple of months until the season starts to prepare and I'm pretty sure what he was riding over there won't be what he'll be riding over here in March.

I would hope not he only had the one bike and it looked as if it borrowed machinery that had been thrown together so that he could race

Edited by Mr Blobby

I would hope not he only had the one bike and it looked as if it borrowed machinery that had been thrown together so that he could race

Exactly why we shouldn't read too much in to his scoring or lack of. He's still a risk and nobody really knows how the lad is going to do because we've got absolutely nothing to go on other than an impressive junior record.

He could be superb, just ok or he could stink the place out! We won't know until the season starts but it'll be interesting to see how the lad gets on.

My previous comments have been that he has undoubted natural talent but needs the right support and back up to have a chance.

IMO that still stands.

Whilst I felt some were over hyping I must admit even with makeshift kit his recent showing have been underwhelming to say the least.

But as has been said above though there are still 2 months to go and no one (on here) really knows what arrangements are planned for the UK.

Gives plenty of scope to fuel the fires of this thread though so cant be all bad!!

• Like 1

You have to also remember that the lad has been racing road bikes for a few years so at this point he's going to be miles behind everyone else in terms of preparation as he's basically starting from scratch.

Another couple of months preparation in terms of machinery and practice will see him in better shape for the start of the season, then we'll see what he's made of.

• Like 2

Why don't we all just wait and see what happens! With all the experienced people that will be behind him and helping him, we won't know until we see him ride over here at the start of the season...

• Like 2

You have to also remember that the lad has been racing road bikes for a few years so at this point he's going to be miles behind everyone else in terms of preparation as he's basically starting from scratch.

Another couple of months preparation in terms of machinery and practice will see him in better shape for the start of the season, then we'll see what he's made of.

My biggest concern with Aurthur is hes a confidence rider , and most likely thought he could come back and be on or near the pace quickly.

Now that hasnt happened , his confidence could be shot, i personally hope he has another year back home.

His bike i believed was bought from Lee Adams , so not sure it is his bike.

Junior

I think that once Arthur settles in to his new surroundings.new work shop.new team mates e.t.c. we will probably be able to judge the lad.If he reads some of the comments on here then that wont do his confidence any good.It may take all season before we reap any benefits from him as hes not seen most of the tracks.Barring any injury I think it would be fairer to judge him 3 months into the season and if hes poor then look to change him.I know everybody has their favourites but if we are looking to expand our assets then we have to take a gamble.Ben and andre can count themselves unlucky not to be back in our team but obviously nobody else rates them outside Sheffield or they would have been snapped up !!! If the other 6 Sheffield riders ride to their potential it will take pressure off Arthur and let him ease himself into life in the premier league.Apparently he hasn't rode 500 cc before or rode team speedway before so it will be interesting how he fares.Good luck to the lad and I hope he will be a success.

• Like 1

if he returns a 5 point average at the end of the season, then im sure the management and fans will consider it job done .cos there will be plenty of scope for improvement for the future.

• Like 1

Apparently he hasn't rode 500 cc before or rode team speedway before so it will be interesting how he fares.Good luck to the lad and I hope he will be a success.

When was previously in the UK, under 16, Sissis rode Matty Wethers bike (i.e. 498cc) in after meeting spins at Armadale and looked good.

• Like 1

Under 21 Aussie final A Sissis only scored 1 point worrying sign

[/quote I live in OZ. I was at the Aussie and he looked lost. seen him a few times now no improvement

Fixtures out, but no mention of a PLRC at any track as far as I can see. Anyone know if this been scrapped?

We also appear to have Plymouth in the League Cup, but not in the League. Is this an error, or is there some more complicated explanation.

Fixtures out, but no mention of a PLRC at any track as far as I can see. Anyone know if this been scrapped?

We also appear to have Plymouth in the League Cup, but not in the League. Is this an error, or is there some more complicated explanation.

Surely Sheffield won't be in Plymouth's LC Group??????

It should read PL rather than LC, surely?

Edited by Steve Park

I would imagine the Plymouth match will be the PL meeting.

It would be a surprise if the PLRC moved away from Owlerton as it is too much of a money spinner for the BSPA.

Arthur was raved about a few years ago. You don't lose talent. He probably just needs time on a bike. If he can come over and get 2 or 3 points a meeting from the off and do basically what Fricke has done the last 2 season then he'll turn out to be a great signing.