British Speedway Forum

If Andre was brought back to replace Nicolai, that would leave 4.12 to replace Arthur.

you can only make like for like changes otherwise you have to rebuild under the original 42.50.

You cant take the total of two dropped riders and use that for two new ones.

The only way Compton can come in for Klindt is if his average has dropped since he went out of the 1-7.

Just looked at Elite League averages and see Dakota North average now under 6. I wonder if we could get him, Andre, and Adam Ellis to replace Simon, Nicolai and Arthur. Not sure about converted averages for Dak so not sure if would work out OK or not.

Apologies - brain not engaged in Speedway jumbly.

A Team’s initial Declaration must not exceed 42.50 points MA for 7 Riders.

It must also not exceed 42.50 points when re-declared (permanent or temporary) except where the MA of the introduced Rider is equal to, or lower than the Rider being replaced.

Apologies - brain not engaged in Speedway jumbly.

A Team’s initial Declaration must not exceed 42.50 points MA for 7 Riders.

It must also not exceed 42.50 points when re-declared (permanent or temporary) except where the MA of the introduced Rider is equal to, or lower than the Rider being replaced.

If we do a multi re-declaration though, can we add together the combined averages of all the riders being replaced, and ensure that the incoming total is less, or must it be purely a one on one comparison?

17 + 3 and the fastest time of the season for Daniel Spiller for Eastbourne at Kent tonight. Could be worth a try.

Was waiting for people to start piping up about spiller. Going to be a very handy 3.00 rider next year in PL.

From the Sheffield Star:-

Andre Compton is in line to return to the Sheffield side quicker than expected.

But that could spell bad news for two riders who will have to make way in a team reshuffle which has been made more urgent by the injury to Arthur Sissis.

Sissis crashed at Berwick on Saturday and is likely to miss the rest of the season with shoulder ligament damage. His collarbone separated from the shoulder.

Co-promoter Damien Bates said: “We may be forced to release a rider we really don’t want to. It’s the nature of the game we’re in. The riders have to be aware of this, I’m not prepared to sit around feeling sorry for myself or the club, we have to get on with it and try and do something.

“It’s unlikely anything will happen in time for Thursday against Edinburgh, but the option to bring Andre back into the team is there for us. I want to bring Andre back but we have to make a tough decision..it’s part of the job we don’t like doing.

“Arthur was brilliant at Berwick and he’s done enough this season to show us what he’s capable of. I think it’s unlikely he will ride again this year, unless a miracle happens.”

Bates’ comments suggest a middle order man could be forced to make way for Compton and a replacement for Sissis – but they will rely on guest replacements on Thursday.

The only way Compton can come back in would be to replace Garrity or Stead or declare a new team to 42.50 at present they are 44.46 thats my understanding. Also remember in the play offs no guests allowed from the other 5 teams

Edited by MANSE

The only way Compton can come back in would be to replace Garrity or Stead or declare a new team to 42.50 at present they are 44.46 thats my understanding. Also remember in the play offs no guests allowed from the other 5 teams

Aw naw that halves little Brady's chance of getting a medal :D

From the Sheffield Star:-

Andre Compton is in line to return to the Sheffield side quicker than expected.

But that could spell bad news for two riders who will have to make way in a team reshuffle which has been made more urgent by the injury to Arthur Sissis.

Sissis crashed at Berwick on Saturday and is likely to miss the rest of the season with shoulder ligament damage. His collarbone separated from the shoulder.

Co-promoter Damien Bates said: “We may be forced to release a rider we really don’t want to. It’s the nature of the game we’re in. The riders have to be aware of this, I’m not prepared to sit around feeling sorry for myself or the club, we have to get on with it and try and do something.

“It’s unlikely anything will happen in time for Thursday against Edinburgh, but the option to bring Andre back into the team is there for us. I want to bring Andre back but we have to make a tough decision..it’s part of the job we don’t like doing.

“Arthur was brilliant at Berwick and he’s done enough this season to show us what he’s capable of. I think it’s unlikely he will ride again this year, unless a miracle happens.”

Bates’ comments suggest a middle order man could be forced to make way for Compton and a replacement for Sissis – but they will rely on guest replacements on Thursday.

Nice to see there is another promoter like Gary May out there

• Like 2

No it isn't. What ever happened to dancing with the guy that brung ya to the dance?

• Like 1

It is !!!

I agree as well, if you are close to winning something and part of your team is not right, you must change it if you can, better that than fans using hindsight and saying "oh this or that should have been done" because that is what would happen in most cases.

As for Black Angus's post (I cant multi quote) if you are happy not to win anything then that's your prerogative, but I think most fans like the winning and would be happy for a change if it made their team better

• Like 1

If Compton comes in, I'd say you may be getting a replacement for Stead as well ! How do you fancy Barker ? He told someone on Saturday night at Berwick he's ready to come back and wants a team who are in the playoffs, and was seen in deep conversation with Sheffield reps !