Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Yes it was Neath.I seem to remember he gave up on the 3rd/4th turn on the last lap and waved at the ref in disgust at the slow moving Compton obstacle!

Also Steady did stay with Josh in one of his races this season,think it was against Glasgow.

It can be done though, and by "kids" too!

There's a brilliant video of Tommy Allen and Tai Woffinden on YouTube somewhere too.

Jason Doyle became the master of team riding at Somerset and more lately we've had Brady Kurtz who is brilliant at it too. Ben Barker is probably one of the best in recent years in the PL too.

Todd Kurtz was pretty good too. Always looking for his team mate.

There's a brilliant video of Tommy Allen and Tai Woffinden on YouTube somewhere too.

TBF, If I had outgated Tom P Madsen I could roll around the kerb at 2mph and he's not going to pass me or my team mate too :D On the Woffy note though, some of young Pawlickis team riding with Tai last season was pretty good.

http://youtu.be/gqP3iXC1Sfc

Edited by Shads

Jason Doyle became the master of team riding at Somerset and more lately we've had Brady Kurtz who is brilliant at it too. Ben Barker is probably one of the best in recent years in the PL too.

Seen Barker do some stunning team rides at SBA, to the extent of pointing to where he wanted his partner to ride. Sadly, he seemed to forget all about that last season.

The best I ever saw was at Scunthorpe a few years ago, and it was Richie Dennis (aged 17) protecting Grant Hayes (aged 16). The speed that Dennis went into the corners had to be seen to be believed, to the extent that it drew an angry reaction from an opposition rider at the end of the race.

The Americans were the best at team riding back in the 80's IMO. I can remember Sigalos virtually stopping on a corner waiting for his team mate at Foxhall

Todd Kurtz was pretty good too. Always looking for his team mate.

A few of us actually commented at times that he spent more time looking behind him, than looking forward!

Seen Barker do some stunning team rides at SBA, to the extent of pointing to where he wanted his partner to ride. Sadly, he seemed to forget all about that last season.

There's a picture of Doyley doing that somewhere before. I remember him once being interviewed after team riding Stephan Katt round for a 5-1 saying just how difficult it was to go that slow!

The Morans were the best weve had at Sheffield for team riding,pure quality.I would like to see our new team trying a bit of team riding next season.

Best team riding I saw last year:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc0pT5cd9y8

Fast forward 2:36.00

Mega T2 by Darcy - spent half race looking back & quarter race with one hand on his bike

That wasn't even Darcys best team riding last year. Riding inside/outside is the most basic of team riding. Dropping the bike on an opponent to get a team mate around or moving a rider wide to get a team mate up the inside is far better and more impressive- and as much as I dislike the obnoxious little oik he's good at doing just that and hen covering a team mate.

Arthur Sissis has sailed through qualifiers to compete in this evening's (In Adelaide) South Australian Championship.

Main meeting about to get going now.

yeah but hes no good listen to all the knockers he cant ride a 500cc speedway bike

i for 1 look forward to sheffield visiting my team this year hope arthur is as good as i remember when i saw him ride as a kid

Arthur Sissis has sailed through qualifiers to compete in this evening's (In Adelaide) South Australian Championship.

Main meeting about to get going now.

I would like to think so if he didn't qualify against the caliber of riders he was up against there would of been something not right

yeah but hes no good listen to all the knockers he cant ride a 500cc speedway bike

i for 1 look forward to sheffield visiting my team this year hope arthur is as good as i remember when i saw him ride as a kid

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/14101/australian-championship-gillman-sunday-december

Not done very well has he , only beaten people making up the numbers like he is.

Wouldn't say I am a knocker of his but his lack of experience on a 500cc is a concern.