British Speedway Forum

Have you got a link for the rest of the results from the Crump meeting please?

Report from the meeting in the Mildura Independent, seems Ty aggravated his thigh injury, let's hope it's not too bad. http://www.milduraindependent.com/news/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=913:home-town-speedway-star-wins-phil-crump-trophy-event-at-mildura&catid=28&Itemid=593 Edited by Tigerite
  • Like 1

I noticed both Proctor and Sissis have been withdrawn from the original line up at Mildura for Mark Lemons testimonial , any word on Ty's injury.

Junior

To all Tigers fans, our next STAARS gathering will be next Thursday (12th February 2015) at the New Barrack Tavern pub on Penistone Road, Sheffield from 8pm.

All are welcome.

From Rod Colquhoun, Heffernan Motor Sports:-

Injured NSW racer Taylor Poole has had his first practice ride since breaking his femur in England last year and according to the pint sized racer all is well.

He rode at Raymond Terrace and whilst the rough track stopped him from pushing too hard it was a successful outing. Taylor had a good season on the ultra fast Sheffield track in the UK in 2014 and provided a visa can be sourced he should return to the Tigers this year.

workington are having to redeclare their team because campton n wethers have been refused entry visas ... how does that leave poole n proctor ???

workington are having to redeclare their team because campton n wethers have been refused entry visas ... how does that leave poole n proctor ???

Proctor is okay due to his EL average he gained last year for Wolves. Poole on the other hand, isn't okay and has failed to meet the criteria.

Proctor is okay due to his EL average he gained last year for Wolves. Poole on the other hand, isn't okay and has failed to meet the criteria.

But in the past, when a rider failed to make his assessed average it was increased back up if they qualified by other means - the argument being if they were good enough to finish top 4 of a state final they were good enough for a 7 point average. It's only since Chris Kerr that this rule was ignored. Davey Watt and Scott Smith both had averaged reset to 7 (from 6.5) when changing teams circa '02 - '03 and I'm sure there will have been others that I just can't think of.

Care to share a link to an Official Statement for Poole😜

The Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) requirements for non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationals to be employed in British Speedway in 2009 :

No exceptions or extensions will be granted to riders failing to achieve the averages except in the case of injury, medical evidence of which must be supplied.

SCB, just asking, but is the link to 2009 rules or 2015. Also I would think Taylor could be assessed under the injury clause.

I'm unaware of any official Sheffield statement on the matter.

The Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) requirements for non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationals to be employed in British Speedway in 2009 :

No exceptions or extensions will be granted to riders failing to achieve the averages except in the case of injury, medical evidence of which must be supplied.

SCB, just asking, but is the link to 2009 rules or 2015. Also I would think Taylor could be assessed under the injury clause.

I'm unaware of any official Sheffield statement on the matter.

there hasn't been one, meaning the door isn't closed on poole - otherwise they'd have announced a team change as workington have done tonight

• Like 1

there hasn't been one, meaning the door isn't closed on poole - otherwise they'd have announced a team change as workington have done tonight

I know mate :wink: , just trying to highlight that what was posted before was speculation and not fact. Thanks for your acurate reply :t:

• Like 1

If

As what appears to be what has been stated on here that we will be without Taylor Poole, I would think the club will probably bring in Andre Compton as a replacement for him.

• Like 1

If

As what appears to be what has been stated on here that we will be without Taylor Poole, I would think the club will probably bring in Andre Compton as a replacement for him.

that would appear to be the most logical move should taylor not appear on these shores this season.

I noticed this at the end of the official statment on the SGB about visas....

This will probably save Poole and Proctor so i should imagine Sheffield will be ok.