British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf1 - Coventry Vs Swindon, Monday 29 September

The outcome of this match will depend on what Coventry side turn up on the night - the BV team or the one that was easily beaten at home recently by the top teams?

I think it will be close and I think the result hinges on Andersen vs Batchelor and Garrity vs Worral. I am going for a Swindon away win 41-49.

The outcome of this match will depend on what Coventry side turn up on the night - the BV team or the one that was easily beaten at home recently by the top teams?

The same could be said of Swindon, will Killer score just the 2 as he did at BV, Simon's scores are all over the place too..

As for Cov, Garrity is in great form at reserve and a convincing win for them last night despite the 2015 GP Harris managing a hapless 3+2 - will he be sorted and will the enigma that is Hansen score like he did last night..

Think this will be quite close over the 2 legs, hopefully the Robins will suffice and put the Pirates 'to the sword' in the final.. :t:

• Like 1

Come on Coventry

Don't think Matt Ford is thinking that way..

He might actually have to go Coventry for whichever leg of the final - or most likely conjure a good excuse for his absence again..

Consequently he is currently on his knees praying to his God that Swindon are victorious..

He no doubt has 'one eye' on the Poole coffers too..

• Like 3

Poole are favourites in my opinion. Despite injuries and suspensions I think we all know that Ford will pay the right money to get the right replacements, whether it be replacing Ward or Gracjonek.

As Brady Kurtz said recently, "everybody wants to ride for Poole".

We will need a 14+ point home win to take to Swindon to give us a chance. Prepare it similar to recent meetings and we can get that.

Poole are favourites in my opinion. Despite injuries and suspensions I think we all know that Ford will pay the right money to get the right replacements, whether it be replacing Ward or Gracjonek.

As Brady Kurtz said recently, "everybody wants to ride for Poole".

I think Baggy said it on another thread. Matt Ford will have every angle covered in respect of guests, you can guarantee it!

We will need a 14+ point home win to take to Swindon to give us a chance. Prepare it similar to recent meetings and we can get that.

I really can't see 14+ Woz, but as you say, track prep will be crucial if we are to take anything to Swindon. I just feel we've had a few false readings with the meetings we've won recently. Stating the obvious here, but unless they are ALL firing we've got no chance. Of course, Mr Garrity may take extra rides and be the hero again though ;)

On current form bees are certain underdogs we have no engine room to match swindons Morris,Gustafson and in particular the impressive North.

Can only see a Swindon win by 6 or 8 in the home leg and a right tonking at Swindon next week

Don't think you can read much into last nights match in regards hansens form ,I fully expect him to be trundling around at the back on Monday.

Hope I am wrong .

Think you guys are being a little pessimistic. Andersen, Harris and Garrity ride Blunsdon well enough. Hansen surely can't be as poor as last time there, and indeed, looked to have regained some confidence last night.

What is probably crucial is the return of Ben Barker. Not only good for solid scores in both legs, but a very combative rider and good for team spirit.

Think you guys are being a little pessimistic. Andersen, Harris and Garrity ride Blunsdon well enough. Hansen surely can't be as poor as last time there, and indeed, looked to have regained some confidence last night.

What is probably crucial is the return of Ben Barker. Not only good for solid scores in both legs, but a very combative rider and good for team spirit.

I'd say realistic ER. Has Barker actually ridden since his injury, I honestly don't know?

I'd say realistic ER. Has Barker actually ridden since his injury, I honestly don't know?

No he is still out.

I think Baggy said it on another thread. Matt Ford will have every angle covered in respect of guests, you can guarantee it!

I really can't see 14+ Woz, but as you say, track prep will be crucial if we are to take anything to Swindon. I just feel we've had a few false readings with the meetings we've won recently. Stating the obvious here, but unless they are ALL firing we've got no chance. Of course, Mr Garrity may take extra rides and be the hero again though ;)

Personally I think we will win the home leg by less than that but it's not impossible. I don't think we will be as poor at Swindon either. Hansen is key for me we have won meetings with him scoring poorly, if he can carry on last night's form then we will be in with a shout of getting to the final. Edited by woz01

Ben Barker still has restricted movement so not been able to ride. Not looking likely to be back which will be a massive blow for bees as they wi go into the play offs a heat leader down.

Bees must surely be targeting a ten point lead to take to Blunsdon. Any less than that and it will be an uphill battle. Let's hope they've taken confidence from the Belle Vue victory and have a consistent track on Friday to get them dialled in. Bees might just benefit from a more active fixture run up to the semis.